I was not expecting much for this hotel since I got it at a very low rate, approximately PHP2200 a night. BUT this hotel has so much more room for improvement.
Reasons to stay away.
1. The room key kept malfunctioning! On DAY 2 of our stay, we couldn't use the key in the elevator so we then proceeded to the front desk to get it reprogrammed. So the room key worked in the elevator, it opened the door to our room BUT when we stuck it in the slot for the room (to get the electricity to work), it did not work. We then called front desk and asked for assistance but no one came after 15 minutes of waiting so we went down to the front desk to get help. We thought that the room key incident would be resolved after that. The staff also reminded us not to put it beside the cellphone but we know about this already since we travel a lot. On DAY 3, I made sure that the key was kept far away from my phone but while in the elevator, it happened again! I couldn't press the floor of our room. So I went back to the front desk and had it reprogrammed AGAIN! This time, I asked someone to accompany me to our room in case the key didn't work in the room. It worked but for my husband, he couldn't get the key to work as well. So I had to go down and get him. On Day 4, my husband couldn't get inside the room with the key. Good thing I was inside so I opened it for him. On ALL days of our stay (except the first day), the room key malfunctioned at least once. This was very very INCONVENIENT especially when you had a long day and just want to rest.
2. You can't adjust the temperature of the air con! It's set at 21 degrees Celsius so it can get very cold! When we asked housekeeping if they could adjust it, they said to just turn off the air con. Meaning, I have to keep turning the air con on and off during the night. And whenever we did turn off the air con, the room would become very stuffy and humid. We all got allergies from staying there. Not once did I get a good night's sleep.
3.There are very few lights in the room and only 1 very dim light in the bathroom. Not very well lit.
4. There's not even one chair in the room.
5. Why are there ants in the room???
I knew I was paying for a no frills hotel so I wasn't expecting much at all but I was expecting to be able to enter my room whenever I want. It is clean though, the staff are friendly, and the rooms are quite spacious.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Remington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remington Hotel Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines