“New and modern, but minimal amenities”

Remington Hotel Manila
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am still trying to figure out this property. Very nice entrance and lobby area with attentive and friendly staff. The rooms are very spartan and offer amenities of a 2 Star hotel, but they were clean. Only the basics. No hair dryer or other items you would expect. The lighting in the bathrooms is very poor with no lighting in the shower. The number one complaint? The WiFi is borderline useless, unless you go to the lobby. Very frustrating for a business traveler. Maybe this place needs some time to work out the bugs. Personally, I think these problems are an easy fix, but in the Philippines, nothing is easy :)

Room Tip: If you like to watch airplanes, the view of the airport is excellent on the south and western side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank elliot e

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I chose to stay in this hotel overnight after a 15 hour flight from new york because it's conveniently located near the airport and they have a free shuttle service. On my arrival, I was informed by their airport representative that the shuttle had already left and I would need to wait for an hour. He offered a contracted taxi for a ridiculous price but I refused so I managed to look for a regular taxi myself. Upon arrival at the hotel, instead of being greeted and assisted with your luggage, I was asked to for a security scan and inspection. Not a welcoming atmosphere. my check-in took more than 20 minutes before I got inside my small featureless room with a small bathroom. Not really bad, but for the price I paid and with the services I got in return, I am not impressed. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Renjie
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent one night in this hotel because of a flight delay in Manila

Arrogant staff, not possible to regulate the air con that was blocked on 21deg.
very small rooms
only positive point is that it is close to the airport

I would not recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre_LMP
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for three nights since it was very convenient because of its proximity to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport with their own private shuttle. Practical lodging place coming from the US with visit to Manila and side trip going to Bohol.
Nice and clean and very reasonably priced.
Loacated across Resorts World which had great entertainment and good restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hermenegildo A
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The price of the hotel does not reflect its expectations, the room was to small without refrigerator in the room small space to walk , the rest room was too small, small sink even a small space shower room. I can understand their lobby is spacious but the rooms were small.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MICHAEL S
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

A great place and value.....shuttles to airport.....malls.......very helpful staff....good places all around for fast food or good sitdown meals in resort world......Saved $$$$$$!!!!!!.....would stay again!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank VanderT
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was really concerned about our planned stay here when I read the reviews. It was much better than expected. The lobby was impressive, check in and out and all my contacts with staff and reception were timely, appropriate and friendly. the air con was as described by others. It would be helpful if the porter explained the air con, lighting and lift operation on check in. With regard to the lighting only one of the two cards operated this, but this was not explained to us until much later on. The Internet was free but it never worked, it was checked and said to be my device, but I have had no problem elsewhere. The rooms were large but sparse, a few pictures on the wall and a couple of chairs (the room we had was certainly big enough) would help to reduce the bland cream effect. There was a safe, comfortable beds, good shower room, and easy access to the Resorts World. I took my own hair dryer and toiletries because of previous reviews, I prefer my own anyway. Compared to the price of other local hotels I thought it was good value. My son stayed in a more expensive hotel and they had as many issues. Worth the price paid but no frills. Have breakfast at Maxims cafe less than five minutes away inside Resorts World. At £6 equivalent it was excellent quality with fresh delicious home baked bread.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Surestar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 32 in Pasay
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
The Heritage Hotel Manila
Go Hotels Manila Airport Road

Been to Remington Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!