Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City
$78
$81
$60
  • Breakfast included
Victoria Court Gil Puyat(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$37
The Mabuhay Manor(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$38
$35
Starlight Bed and Breakfast(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$31
  • Pool
$262
$252
1,438 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel should definitely be the choice for transit passengers or those who have to travel to other places on the next day. It has free shuttle bus from the airport to this hotel and nearby hotels too. It is just right beside the Resorts World Hotel and the Newport City Mall. The room is not very big but it is very clean and the room smells of citronella which is nice. The beds are huge but the bathroom though is too small. Basically a no nonsense sort of hotel. Just basics...

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bracomo
RWManila, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

We would like to express our appreciation to you for sharing your comments with us. I hope that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Remington Hotel is marketed as a no-frills, no fuss, and budget hotel for the traveler on the go. We cater mostly to transient guests and overnighters who have early flights in the morning due to our proximity, and our free shuttle service to the airport. I am glad that you find our hotel suitable for your recent travel need. Rest assured that we are continuously finding ways on how to improve and add more value to our hotel.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon at Remington Hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Okay, so it's terrible. But I'll start with the positive. Location. It's right across from the domestic terminal. If you are going international, beware of traffic, it can take over 30 minutes to get over there. We arrived at 4am, so traffic wasn't a problem, 20 minutes.

Also, the lobby is nice and big and clean.

Strict hotel security, complete with dogs, bag check, metal detector AND pat down. Yes a pat down. I've never been to Manila, so I was surprised and no one could explain to me the need for this. Wasn't happy after 16 hours of travel to be molested at the hotel. Metal detector and dogs aren't enough - where the heck am I that this is necessary?

Checkin was quick and easy with pleasant staff, but at 4am with no other guests, I expect this.

Now for the bad. The room. So gross. The floor was slippery all over, like it was covered in wax. I was wearing flip flops and slipped right on my butt by the bed. You could literally slide like you are on ice. I dare not take off my shoes, so I sat on the bed to put on socks. By the time I stood up, my butt was wet. The humidity must be so bad that the bedding was damp. And I'm supposed to sleep in this? Gross! Thankfully we had to check out at 9:30am for our next flight, but it was a very unpleasant sleep in damp sheets.

There are no ammenities here, not even a bar of soap. They did provide free wifi, but it only works on one item, so my husband could login to his phone, but when I tried on mine, I was denied due to the limit.

I paid appx $90 USD which was a total waste of money, I would have been better off killing the time at the airport.

There has to be better in the area, do some research before you resort here. I know there is a Marriott in the same complex, but it is $200 per night (good reviews). And for the short time I had, it wasn't worth spending. But if you have more time, spend more and sleep comfortably.

Room Tip: Tip: don't stay here!
5  Thank cutecdnchick
RWManila, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and unfortunately your complains about your experience at our hotel. Nevertheless, I am happy to learn that you appreciate our location, proximity to the airport and our expansive lobby.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the hassles of the security check of our hotel. Our first and foremost priority is the security of our guests. I understand that after a long and tiring flight, the last thing guests would want is to have any delays to their check-in. However, we do not want to compromise the security and safety of our guests if we remove frisking from our security practices.

I would like to apologize also for your accident due to the slippery floor. The default temperature of the air-conditioning is set at 23 degrees Celsius. Once the temperature of the room is adjusted to extreme low (18-19 degrees) or high (25 degrees) from the default setting, the chances of having humidity and floor moist is high. The solution to this is setting it back to the default room temperature of 23 degrees Celsius. We have signage on all rooms stating that the temperature should be maintained at 23 degrees, but we understand that not all guests would be able to read the instruction. Rest assured that we are looking for ways to minimize the moisting of floors regardless of whether guests would change the temperature of the air-con.

We would be looking on some reports that not all rooms have bar soaps. Bar soap is provided on all rooms. Rest assured that our housekeeping department would be ensuring all rooms are provided with 2 Bar Soaps aside from the 3-in-1 gel soap, 2 sets of towels, dental kits and slippers. A general amenity vending machine is also located on the ground floor (side of the Lounge) for guests’ additional needs.

Regarding Wi-Fi service, we are also looking at increasing the bandwidth of our internet to ensure all guests are able to use the Wi-Fi regardless of the number of users per room.
I understand that our apology would not erase your negative experience at our hotel. I still hope that you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very small rooms, bad service and still under some construction. Rooms are extremely small with no amenities, not even a hair dryer or soap. Bathroom was the worst. No door on shower and nowhere for the water to go. Entire bathroom was flooded after a cold to warm shower. Tried to call
down to get extra towels to dry up the bath but took 3 calls to get them. One of the worst hotels we
have ever stayed in. Can't imagine how they are getting any good reviews unless they are writing them themselves. This hotel is also 45 minutes to the international terminal, it is only close to the domestic terminal.

5  Thank poolmike
RWManila, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Remington Hotel as your accommodation of choice for your recent visit to Manila and for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities. I understand that comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor are mostly negative. These comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests.

Remington Hotel is marketed as a no-frills, no-fuss hotel. Our guests are mostly transient, overnighters who are looking for a place to stay especially if they have a flight the next day. Suggestion we get are on our bathrooms. We have shower curtains in some rooms and other rooms are still in the process of installation. However, there are bar soap and dental kits in all the rooms which should have been provided during your stay. Rest assured that an appropriate action has been taken with our staff to ensure their efficiency and preferential service to our guests. I understand that our apology would not erase your dissatisfaction on your experience at our hotel, but I hope that you will give us a chance of welcoming you again on a much improved Remington Hotel soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed there for two nights and that'll be my first and last two nights with them.

For USD 110, expect a service of a poorly manned budget hotel.

For a new hotel, their bathroom emits foul odor (even when it's just been sanitized). My access/key card had to be replaced 3 times (needed 3 trips back to the front desk). Their air conditioning conked out in the middle of the night (woke up drenched in my own sweat). No one knew that it was out until we notified the front desk. it took them an hour to figure out what's wrong and transfer us to another room. You

For USD 110, you don't get FREE breakfast and no FREE PARKING! I had to pay every time I leave the hotel. And the parking rate isn't cheap either. And there's only one payment counter (inconveniently located on basement 1) so you have make a trip to basement 1 if you're parked on lower levels. No complimentary bottled water and coffee/tea (that's why they have vendo machines on all floors). No FREE LOCAL CALLS - phone is for room-to-room use only.

Bellman service is virtually non-existent. They have only have 3 bellmen on duty and they multi-task as concierge and baggage depository staff. so they practically have 1 for each post. how could a 700-room hotel have very few service staff??!! NO STAFF - NO SERVICE!

The rooms are fitted with (UNEVEN & POORLY INSTALLED) ceramic tiles that become damp with moist (don't ask me why - I don't have the slightest idea why) making the floor dangerously slippery.

The hallways and elevators are not air-conditioned. Your walk to the lobby to your room is not something you'll enjoy on a hot and humid day.

PLUSES:

1.The hotel has great boutique-hotel-like lobby. It's elegant, well appointed and cozy
2. Near airport. Newport mall (theaters, restaurants & arcade for kids) and casino are just across the street.
3. Free WIFI connection (promo only - they'll charge for the service eventually)

3  Thank sportsjunkie
RWManila, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

One behalf of Remington Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Rest assured that the management is open minded in accepting constructive criticisms as this is necessary in determining the major changes that is needed to be done for the overall improvement of our hotel.

I have already instructed our housekeeping department to check where the foul odor in the bathroom is coming from. We will be reinforcing the cleaning of rooms to ensure all are up to standard. Thank you for raising to us the problem you had with our keycards. We would be regularly testing our keycards to ensure all are working to avoid guest inconveniences. The same goes for our air-conditioning, which I would like to apologize to you for the hassle of transferring to another room. We would be checking for any defective air-conditioning on all rooms to prevent this from happening again. At the moment, all 712 rooms are not yet operational but we are continuously hiring more people to cater to every aspect of our guests needs.

The management is reviewing our rates to see if necessary adjustments or additional inclusions can be offered to add more value to our hotel. Rest assured that we are taking down notes and we are prioritizing the satisfaction and comfort of our valued guests.
We hope this experience will not impair your trust in Remington Hotel and that you will give us the opportunity in welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Remington is a nice addition to the Pasay area of Manila. It is located between the international and domestic airport terminals. The hotel and surrounding properties are brand new and amazing. I was a pleasantly surprised at how nice the property is maintained. I was a bit worried about the noise because of the close proximity to the airport, but the hotel is well built and stayed quiet. The rooms are all brand new with very clean and big comfortable beds and nice linen.
The hotel has an impressive security set up to help eliminate unwanted guests. Another feature that I have not seen before is room key controlled elevators. You must have a key card to use the elevator and I believe you can only go to the floor that you are assigned to. This is good and bad. The only negative about the hotel was the key card elevators. Anyone that has used the magnetic keys at hotels knows they only seem to work fifty percent of the time. I noticed there was always one out of six elevators down for service. Maybe they are working to eliminate this minor annoyance.
The rooms are a bit small and on the pricey side, but well worth the added cost. Couple the location of this hotel with the friendly and helpful staff and you have a can't miss winner.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ekatreturns
RWManila, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manila Newport City, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

Thank you very much for choosing Remington Hotel as your accommodation provider during your recent stay here in Manila. I also appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your experience. We are happy to note your positive comments about how nicely our hotel is being maintained in terms of cleanliness, security and comfort. Your special commendation about our staff is very heart warming too- we will share this with them. Nothing makes us happier than knowing our guests appreciate and enjoy their stay at our hotel.

The management is aiming for continuous improvement about our hotel. Every review we receive, whether positive or negative is a motivation for us to do better especially when it comes to our facilities and service. Rest assured that quality check of our electronic key cards and elevators are being done regularly to prevent inconveniences to our guests.
I hope that we will welcome you again at Remington Hotel soon.