“Good Priced hotel near to NAIA terminal 3”

Remington Hotel Manila
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed in Jan for 1 night. Price was reasonable and hotel and room were nice.
Walked to casino in evening which was only couple of minutes. Few restaurants offsite also near by.
New hotel with good facilities albeit water was cold when took shower in morning.
They do provide shuttle to airport but discovered it does not do the Domestic terninal (T4)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank paulreg
RWManila, Manager at Remington Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to express our appreciation to you for sharing with us your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. Our aim is to provide a no frills, budget accommodation especially to transient guests, and I am very pleased to know that you find our rooms reasonably priced for your one night stay. Regarding airport service, we have buses every hour that goes around the three different airport terminals for free. Rest assured that we would be instructing our Front Office to actively offer to guests the airport service for their convenience.

I do hope that you enjoyed the resort complex of Resorts World. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at Remington Hotel.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed at the Remington Hotel coming & going from a dive trip. Close to airport, $5 cab ride. Brand new, seems like still shaking out the operation. Rooms small, clean. Major security shakedown just to enter building, which was a bit much after such a long plane trip. They don't tell you that you can't drink the water, so you have to make a trip to the front desk to buy drinking water to brush your teeth.
There is a light fixture with a fragile glass globe just next to the head of the bed. My husband hit it with his elbow, it broke, & he was charged $17 to replace it. Poor design.
But nice, clean.
Local food options are Shakies & an American chicken place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KJASLC

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Remington Hotel as the accommodation of your choice during your recent stay in Manila. I am glad that you appreciate the proximity of our hotel to the airport. One of our main selling points is its proximity with the three airports and its location within Manila’s first integrated resort.

I hope that your husband did not experience any injury when he has hit the light fixture. We will be checking as well whether the location of the light fixture proves conducive to accidents so we may do the necessary adjustments. Regarding our guests’ food and beverage needs, we have available vending machines at every floor so guests would no longer need to go outside the hotel. Nevertheless, we would be ensuring the continuous improvement of our rooms so guests would have a comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I recommended Remington Hotel to my Uncle living in Australia (as he wanted a hotel near the airport for his last night in Manila) and to the Tourism Director of a 1st world country who visited Manila for the first time with his family (all the good hotels were fully booked at the time of his visit).
Remington looked attractive from the website and the fact that it was in Resorts World Manila. We brought him to the hotel as we were curious to see the rooms and amenities. The lobby was presentable so we thought he got a good deal. To our disgust, it was more like a backpacker's inn with shabby rooms, very small and dirty bathrooms, and construction was still ongoing. They cant even give you water or even coffee in the room. There are no restaurants in the hotel and if you ask where to get your breakfast, they will just point you to the nearest 7-11. What an embarrassment!! :( So is this what you call... "Another "prestigious" project of Travellers International"???

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank MarfeeD

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities. Your suggestions were taken in the spirit which they were intended. Rest assured that all guest comments/feedback are noted by the management and we are evaluating which area we can prioritize first. Remington Hotel is marketed as a no-frills budget hotel, but we are continuously improving and adding up more amenities to add more value to our rooms. In the meantime, vending machines are available at every floor should a guest want snacks or drinks. Also, I am happy to inform you that we are now offering buffet breakfast at the hotel for only Php420net. We will be informing our staff to actively offer breakfast to guests to give them options on where to eat. Regarding the dirty bathroom, we will be instructing our Housekeeping Manager to emphasize the training of our housekeepers for the comfort of our future guests.

I do hope you will give us a chance to show you our quality of service and regain your confidence. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance to you on this matter please do not hesitate to contact me anytime. Thank you!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

i love staying in hotels and I've been to a lot from the cheapest to the grandest yet Remington is so far the worst that I have experience. We stayed here for an overnight stay during our company's Christmas party in Marriot. Upon reservation they demanded to make us pay in half though which is ok yet the day before we check in they demanded us to pay the entire amount or else they will give our room to walk in. So what is the used of paying half if it will not be totally reserve duh! Imagine the hassle that it gave us. The girl in the reservation even told us that they will just refund the payment that was made if we fail to pay the rest and this thing happen even before we check in. To save us all from the hassle we settled all payment. Come the day of our check in, the room that we paid is booked but they compensate us by giving us upgrade yet the worst thing is they told us that because it was upgraded the room will be bare. No complimentary anything. Because the party is tonight we dont have any other choice but to accept what they offer ... the bed is uncomfortable, they dont even have a comforter... there is even a loud sound coming from the lobby because it was still under construction... all in all getting this hotel is a big mistake i will never be back here... Tiara hotel in Makati is way way better not so worth the penny!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank lenskie143

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences and unsatisfactory experience you had during your stay with us last December 2011. We ask for your kind understanding and assure you that your comments have been of value to us to provide the best possible standards to our guests at all times. Last December 2011 was our soft opening and it was during that time that we are still having evident construction within the premises of the hotel. We are now almost done with the finishing touches at the hotel. I also understand that you had an issue with our front office with regard to securing your booking. Rest assured that a more seamless booking and check-in would be experienced by our valued guests at this point. We are also on the process of adding more value to our rooms such as add-ons to the bathroom amenities like shower curtain and bar soap aside from the existing shower gel and dental kits. We are compiling all suggestions from our guests on what other amenities we can include to better cater to the needs of our guests.

Thank you once again for the constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our overall service to our guests. I hope that you would give us a chance to welcome you again here at Remington Hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Been at this hotel for a night last week..

1. Breakfast not included at the price of Php 4750.
2. Look at the comforters.. (wala bang available sa SM)
3. Lamps that was far from the bed!!!
4. Slippery room floor..
5. Glue that was used to put the lavatory and glass in placed really look disgusting!!!
6. No bathroom door so the water was spilling around..Excuse me, a shower curtain would be of little help..
7. No face towel, No hand towel and shower gel smelled terrible..
8. No cabinet door..
9. No private mini bar and complimentary coffee and drinking water (hey, I think those are really standard amenities!)
10. Reception people don't really know what they're doing.. Ang kalat nila sa working area!!! They almost forgot to return my credit card..Buti pa yung guest folio naibigay..
11. Another thing yung, exit plan nasa door at room 3018..medyo naka paling ang pagkakalagay..
12. This hotel was made na minadali kaya no careful planning..
13. I suggest you close then re open when ready na talaga lahat.. Have a known hotel group judge you..Sana you opened because you're ready not on a trial an error stage..

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank leighn
RWManila, Manager at Remington Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Remington Hotel. Your comments and complaints are valuable to us so we can provide the best possible standards to our guests at all times. I understand your disappointment and I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay, but I believe you will understand that this does not reflect the kind of experience we want our guests to experience during their stay at Remington Hotel.

We are on the process of taking as much feedback from our guests to know in which area of our service we need to prioritize first. We are seeing a lot of areas for improvement especially when it comes to our facilities and amenities, and we are putting our time and exerting all efforts to ensure that we stay true to our branding of no frills, value for money hotel. As of the moment, we are already adding up a few more amenities such as the shower curtain to prevent water spillage in the bathroom. Extra blankets are available upon request. Bar soaps are now available on each room, and a vending machine at the 5th floor for your bath amenities. Regarding our fire evacuation plan, we will be looking at it. Training of our Front Office Staff is also on-going and being reinforced to prevent inefficiency of our staff just like the scenario you have mentioned. Rest assured that your other suggestions are noted for further improvements.

I hope that we get the chance of welcoming you again. We sincerely hope that this experience will not impair your confidence with Remington Hotel. In the meantime, should you have any queries, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Since we had over 12 hours layover between flights, my husband and I decided to make a booking at Remington in Manila. We picked this hotel because it was near the airport and the rate seemed reasonable at the time (4k)

The hotel is not finished and it shows. We had a standard room. The bathroom was dirty and there was no hot water in the shower. There is no door in the shower so the water goes everywhere. Also floor in the bedroom was slippery.

There is a metal detector, a dog that sniffs your bags and people that search your bags and pad you down upon entering. The security seemed OK but I saw some employees going in through a side door (so not sure if is just a false sense of security when not everybody needs to go through the controls)

The lobby is nice and the free Wi Fi works great in the lobby.

I would not recommend this hotel for an overnight stay (very noisy). It served our needs because we needed a place to rest until our next flight, the hotel is near a mall with several restaurant options and some upscale shopping. For about $90 a night, the Remington is no value at all.

Room Tip: Not ready yet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank perrin99
RWManila, Manager at Remington Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Good Day!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience during your stay at our hotel last March 2012. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our bathroom. We do take into account all comments and suggestions of our guests to improve our bathroom. At the moment, we are already adding shower curtains to prevent water spillage and religiously testing all showers and faucets prior to guest’s check- in and check-out to ensure hot water is provided to our guests. The slippery bedroom floor is also being rectified at the moment. Regarding security, we only have two (2) entrances at the hotel. One is the main entrance where guests enter, and the other is the employees’ entrance where they are also being checked by the security inside before they enter the hotel proper.

The construction of Remington Hotel will soon be finished. Nevertheless, we are aware of the shortcomings in our services and facilities. We will be focusing all our efforts in the improvement of our services and facilities to ensure guests experience a comfortable stay at our hotel.

We hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you again. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We picked this airport because it was near the airport and we need a place to stay upon arriving and leaving Manila. We stayed 2 separate nights. The hotel is located in a upscale shopping center called Resort World which is misleading considering the state of the rooms.

There is a metal detector and a dog that has to sniff all your bags upon entering. The lobby is very nice and open with chandeliers, however the fancy lobby seems to prove as a facade because the rooms (at least the standard rooms) are bare bones and not that clean.

The rooms reek of cigarettes. When I asked for a non-smoking room the 2nd time around they said they didn't have any. They don't supply hand soap and you only get a shower towel, no hand towels. The room was dirty, hairs on the bed, grim in the bathroom, etc. And the shower has no door and the layout of the bathroom causes the water to go everywhere. Further, neither night we stayed there was there hot water, only luke warm water for the shower.
Despite the air conditioner, our room remained super humid. I almost slipped and fell when I woke up in the morning because it was so humid that the floor was actually wet and slimy.

Our 2nd night there they could get the key to work and it took over an hour for them to fix it. Also at 3 am we awoke to someone trying to open our door. I don't know who it was or what was happening but it's alarming to awake in the middle of the night to someone attempting to open your hotel door.

All this would be maybe understandable if the rate was lower. But with taxes, we paid $90--that's a decent amount in the Philippines and I expected more than a dirty and humid barrack type room for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank overpacker16
RWManila, Manager at Remington Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Greetings from Resorts World Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and unfortunately your complain about the quality, cleanliness and the security of our rooms. On behalf of Remington Hotel, please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay with us. Your comments have certainly raised many areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests. Rest assured that our utmost priority is the comfort, convenience and safety of our guests.

Regarding the cleanliness of our rooms, we have instructed our Housekeeping Manager to rectify the problem immediately. We are also continuously improving our facilities and adding up our lineup of amenities to ensure that we are able to provide everything that guests might need during their stay. We will also strengthen the security of our hotel, making sure that your experience would not happen again.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in Remington Hotel, or for that matter, Resorts World Manila. I hope that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Resorts World Manila

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Manila Marriott Hotel
The Mabuhay Manor
The Mabuhay Manor
#7 of 32 in Pasay
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
The Heritage Hotel Manila
Go Hotels Manila Airport Road

Been to Remington Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!