“Meal OK....wine overpriced and forced to purchase an entire bottle of wine!”
Review of Mr. Kurosawa

Mr. Kurosawa
Ranked #146 of 458 Restaurants in Pasay
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Meal OK....wine overpriced and forced to purchase an entire bottle of wine!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Came here with a group (family) for an early dinner before seeing a 7 pm show at Resorts World. It's right in front of a central area where they were having Halloween festivities. Nice ambience and mood to start dinner. We were the 1st big group so got pretty good attention. Where it got interesting was when it was time to order drinks. Apparently, my son and I (both US citizens) arrived during the 4-day alcohol ban associated with the upcoming local elections. We told the waiter that since we are not going to vote, can they serve us some wine which was already on the table! The waiter said he would check with the manager, and the response that came back was that my son may have a drink (he's mestizo or fair-skinned as his dad is white) but I can't because I look like a local. I decided not to push the unfair and illogical decision, but what added insult to injury was when it was time to pay the bill. Out of the blue, the waiter tells me that although my son only had a glass of wine, I had to purchase the entire bottle. And when I asked if I could take it home...he said, "you may". So, I ended up paying for and taking home a $30 bottle of wine I was not allowed to drink to begin with. What a confused establishment! Other than that incident, the food was ok...nothing to write home about. The teriyaki crispy squid was interesting...reminded me of candied squid tossed in sauce. If anything, the visit was interesting and memorable...unfortunately, not in a satisfying way.

• Visited October 2013

Quezon City, Philippines
“100% satisfied”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I really love to eat sushi ramen tonkatsu at mr. Kurosawa eastwood libis.. this japanese resto is fit for my favorite japanese food.. the service is excellent.. come and visit and experience to dine and i assured you that you feel same to me..

• Visited October 2013
“Delicious fusion food ”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend the watermelon shake and the spicy tuna salad. Steer clear from the ramen.. The broth was weak and lacked flavour. My partner had the ebi shiitake pesto. Great flavour also recommend. Price is similar to many of the restaurants around Eastwood but definitely had some great value for money dishes.

Macon, Georgia
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Food was absolutely delicious. From the sashimi, tempura, dumplings, miso soup, etc. they were all cooked perfectly. The atmosphere in the dining area is nice but can feel a little crowded. This is an excellent place to eat while at Resort World.

philippines
“Japanese European Fusion dish named after famous Japanese Director”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The sister company of the Sumosan and John and Yoko restaurant, this restaurant serves good Japanese European fusion dish. Housed in the newport Mall near Resort world. Food are yummy with reasonable price. Service is excellent and very courteous. The restaurant has the decor based on the famous Mr. Kurosawa's movies, making the ambience great. All in all good Japanese dish with excellent service with a Japanese theme ambience, what more can you ask for.

• Visited September 2013