“Exactly what we expected-no frills, just good Filipino food.. and honest staff”
Review of Crisostomo

Crisostomo
Ranked #9 of 490 Restaurants in Pasay
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted a European friend to try the local cuisine and chose this restaurant. We ordered crispy pata(deep fried pork). Prawn sinigang (which we likened to bouillabaisse) and even squid with all its dark ink, rice with the fat of crabs for our friend. All-in-all, our friend liked the food. We did too. But I want to also comment on the honesty of the staff. I left my cellphone and discovered it only past 2 am. Sure enough,it was a very sleepless night. When I was finally able to trace my steps. Their receptionist found it and immediately handed it to her manager. Believe me, the phone could have fetch quite a sum. I was just so grateful, but the wonderful girl didn't even want to receive a small token of gratitude. Well, if you are the type who wants to know that you can be well taken cared of, with good food to boot... Try Crisostomo's. I heartily recommend it.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Filipino cooked in its finest. Not too expensive, worth a try..
Many choices, and even the desserts are good.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was a beautifully decorated restaurant with elegant tablewares. Food although pricey was great. Especially its bicol express. Sisinagan also was good. We ordered a plate of grilled meat and it doesnt disappoint. For five, bill came at 2k pesos plus.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

It is exciting to see your familiar native food served differently but still tasted good. My husband and I had to order four to five different dishes to satisfy our curiosity. The servings are a little small though for the price. Ambiance will remind you of the Spanish era and the books of Rizal and the like.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

My fiance and I were looking for a good Filipino restaurant where I can introduce Filipino dishes that are more than just adobo and lumpia.

I'm glad I chose Crisostomo. The decorations were fun and interesting. I really wish I whipped out my camera then. The food they served was nothing short of an explosion of culture, history and class. I got the paella and was happily amused that my fiance kept stealing from my plate. :)

The only downside to our dining experience here was the 15 minute delay in the issuance of our receipt. Perhaps it was because we dined during the peak lunch hour. But, their waitstaff should know better.

Will definitely come back soon!