“Just okay..”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Paranaque, Philippines
“Just okay..”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner there last 05.09.2013 with a few friends, we were fourth in line but turnover was fast so we didn't wait too long.

There were a variety of cooked and raw food, also sushi. Taste was ok. Dessert was ok but you would have to ask because its inside the chiller. No fruits available. Only 2 cakes from commercial bakeshops Red Ribbon and Goldilocks.

No eye contact from servers, everyone in a hurry.

For this price, I'd rather add a little and go to Viking's or Buffet101.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank zoealessi

• Korean first
Quezon City
“Worth it but overrated”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food selection was okay. But some o f the dishes are usually served at weddings. But we enjoyed our dining experience here and we had a good table. I just wish that they have a reasonable price computation for kids who barely eat.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cosmic_Mermaid
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
“sulit :)”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was never a fan of sushi and maki but I can still appreciate other types of Japanese food. The good thing I liked about Yakimix is that they have good pricing, the original price of the buffet dinner meal was P700 but since we were able to avail of a discount voucher thru Ensogo we only paid P500+ per head and it covered the food, including desserts, but not the drinks. What i liked about Yakimix is that they have a very wide menu for grilling, that's the part I enjoyed the most (remember I don't like sushi and maki). From pork, beef, chicken, fish and squid, we actually tried everything you can grill and loved the taste! We also liked the tempura and cantonese bagnet i believe, very tasty indeed. Thing is, I was expecting to taste more of the the japanese food (other than the very famous sushi and maki), the hot food according to the menu on ensogo, but i was disappointed because the grill menu outweighs them all. Also, they do have a lot of choices for dessert, ice cream cakes halo-halo choc/mocha/mango/strawberry mousse fruits, but well it really didn't satisfy my taste for desserts (I'm a dessert person sorry). We did not try the drinks though, but they also have fruit juice, soft drinks and flavored iced tea i think. The staff is okay, they're friendly, or maybe just some of them, but I would prefer them to be more professional when they deal with customers. By professional I mean by gaining knowledge on the names of the food served, maybe offering suggestions for new comers on how to eat this or what goes well with this, well basically they're not that accommodating, although yes they are friendly. I liked the ambiance though because it's cozy inside the restaurant. Better have yourselves a reservation before getting there so you can have good seats too :)

• Visited April 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Lots of food!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

They serve a whole lot of choices on the buffet. Whenever something runs out, they immediately replenish. Service is very good too. They're fast and attentive. This particular branch at the Mall of Asia is by far the best. You an tell y the long wait just to get in. Not only that, you also have have yourself listed early. I haven't experienced eating here at the Mall of Asia branch without the long wait. But it's worth the wait!

• Visited September 2012
Pasig, Philippines
“Value for Money!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have tried bringing balikbayan friends to Yakimix in Podium and in Greenbelt 3 and we all find the experience wonderful. We immensely enjoy the wide selection of Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other cuisine. Aside from the different flavored iced teas, I hope they will carry lemonade in their drinks menu which is the better choice for people suffering from acid reflux like me. The ambience in GB3 is less noisy than it is in Podium. Overall, I find the price reasonable for the wide array of choices. Will bring more friends to either branch. Next stop is their branch in SM Masinag. Till the next buffet...

Visited January 2013