“All rooms are for smokers”
Review of Shogun Suite Hotel

Shogun Suite Hotel
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Even when the say they have non-smokers room, IT'S FALSE! What they understand for non-smoking room is that you'll not smoke, not that the previous guests weren't smoker, totally unacceptable. I requested a complain form and they only gave a piece of white paper to put in the "Suggestion box", they didn't care at all about my complain. Also it's not a good sign that when we were close to the hotel the taxi driver told us to lock the doors.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you are looking for a place with no smell of cigarettes.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank slopezbustos

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

cute small rooftop pool. but the rooms are small and old. , narrow hallways. , no windows in rooms. , i just like the rooftop pool and the location its near the bus station. , over all i wud give it an average score. ,

plus the cable is on and off. ,

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank daveepj
Reviewed June 25, 2013

the rooms were great value for money ,,bar fridge in the room . ,, so close to metro point mall for late night shopping ,, we loved it ,,, also late night swimming on the 8th floor ,, overlooking manila , so much fun we had here and in the morning it includes all you can eat buffett breakfast ,,, loving it ,,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank damian a
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is indeed a very recommendable one. It is near the mrt station and the airport itself. Room rates comes with breakfast is very satisfying. The staff also were all helpful and easy to consult for all your concerns. The rooms, corridors, receiving area are all very clean. I will surely come here everytime I am in Manila.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with windows... a little hard to get a network signal for your mobile..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank RizziAnn
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been here for all of 1 night and this is so far the worst experience of a hotel I have had in the Philippines. There is no free shuttle to and from the airport. No big deal, but it cost 600 PHP, or the equivalent of $14 USD. I don't know of any 5 star hotels that charge that much for airport shuttles. When we finally came to the hotel, we were surprised to find the hotel located in an alley-looking area. Very sketchy. In the lobby all of the staff are standing around looking for money from the patrons.
And for the room: Oh God the room. The beds in this place rival the beds you find in the shantytowns just outside the hotel. They only come with 1 small blanket and a pullover sheet. I had a better sleep in the hut I stayed in the day before. The TV had crap reception. There was no shower curtains in the shower, which made water splash everywhere. We had to ask the staff multiple times to bring us shower curtains, only to finally get them 3 days later. The walls are so thin you can not only hear conversations from the rooms next door, but also conversations from street level.
The only redeeming quality this hotel has is the semi-decent wifi service and the pool on the 8th floor. Also, I found no bugs.
Overall, this hotel is crap. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money on a slightly better hotel, or find another similarly-priced hotel that isn't as bad as this one.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LCR915
Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was our first stay on this place. Experience was not bad except for the thin walls where u can hear all the noise from the outside.. Stamping feet , kids playing in the lobby and some inconsiderate guests who talked so loud. We even tried to talk louder inside our room just to get rid of those noisy people at the lobby.
What I like most with this place is its location.. Train station is just a few steps away from the hotel, Jeepneys queue bound for MOA are just right across the hotel's entrance. the hotel is surrounded with different kinds of fastfood chains that will surely fit for a budget traveller just always keep an eye on your pockets or purses since this is really a one of the most crowded place in Manila. But you can get foods at the hotel, with the cheap room rate it already has free breakfast for 2. The hotel is clean but not the surroundings. Hotel's staffs are friendly and accommodating but not the by-standers. The hotel is just enough for a quick stop from the airport especially when ur on early flights. Since we can't stand anymore the noise from other guests so we moved to its neighboring hotel on the next day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Billeah10
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last march and I indeed enjoyed my stay.Well, we just liked to find a hotel with a pool and this place was being recommended to us and good thing I listened cuz it is a good standard hotel. I had fun swimming on the pool while looking on the stars and seeing the view of the city. Most especially, I liked the breakfast buffet they offered because we had lots of options(but I ate every meal). The butlers and maids are very approachable. Only, it is really kinda expensive for a bed and breakfast hotel. They advertised 1400php but you you will be required to pay 1700php because they will tell you there are no rooms cheaper than that.
Everything is fine except for the street behind and infront of it.(SUPEEEER noisy and dangerous)
I'd go back to this hotel. If my ex husband asks me to hehehe..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple