“pleasant surprise”

Midas Hotel and Casino
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was our first time to stay in the hotel. The staff were exceptionally good and very helpful; especially Vic from transportation/concierge who monitored us from our residence in Cagayan, to the airport and finally to the hotel. The lobby was quite modern. The fromt desk personnel inquired if it was our first time to stay in the hotel and we said yes and we were upgraded to an executive suite which was spacious, comfortable and stacked with amenities. WiFi was also complementary and fast. Breakfast at Cafe Midas was good. The hotel's website promoted their pancake and omellete sections -- pancake was spectacular, but the omellete was quite oily. Service crew were very good. Dinner at Cafe Midas was an experience - various choices for whatever fancies you, great selection of meats, seafoods, pasta, Asian, Western, desserts, etc. Graet value for your money... I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Midas H, Public Relations Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear about your wonderful experience at Midas Hotel and Casino. It is our commitment to provide our guests with high quality products and excellent service. It has always been our aim to meet and even exceed your expectations in order to achieve guest satisfaction. Your good words have been passed on to our team, especially to Mr. Vic Gruenberg of Transportation.This will surely motivate them to work beyond what we aspire for product and service excellence.

We look forward to welcome and be of service to you again at Midas Hotel and Casino!

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I entered the hotel with the feeling that my stay was going to be a pleasurable experience. The lobby was so chic and tres moderne. But that's just a "facade." I was deceived.

Being a savvy traveller, I searched online and was quite impressed with the modern refurbishments of the rooms. I was excited to spend a wonderful weekend stay in the comforts of its plush looking guest rooms. It looks relaxing. Oh so it seems!!!

It's the first time that I have made the wrong decision to stay in non-branded hotel. It's hard if you discover the harsh truth that looks can be deceiving. Amidst its beautiful "facade" I entered my room with disgust and disappointment.

The smell was just horrible. To cut the long story short- it was DRAB! As the old adage goes, "you can never buy class." Amidst the so-called "enhanced" aesthetics of the hotel, they have forgotten the importance of a pleasurable stay- a clean, fresh smelling and comfortable room to enjoy a wonderful sleep experience. Suffice it to say, I missed my home.

On a positive note, the Housekeeping people should be commended. They were kind enough to lend me an air ionizer. I appreciated the concern.

To end, I think it is important to note that Midas hotel has lost it touch.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank FdeLeon
Midas H, Public Relations Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

To Our Valued Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your comments and feedback are important to us as this will enable us to identify the areas that we need to improve and work on. We endeavor to meet and even exceed our guests' expectations, thus, we regret to know of your experience on your recent stay and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments have been forwarded to the department concerned and will be taking measures accordingly.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Associate Director for PR & Brand

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Called Midas 3 hours before check in time to confirm my reservation and to request for a room with a view. When I got there the receptionist advised me that they upgraded our room from deluxe to executive with no extra charge. :)
The room is very nice with a small veranda and view of Manila Bay. The king size bed was very comfortable, but I found the bath tub too small, I am not complaining but I think other guests will have a problem with that.
Everything was perfect except when one of the staff just opened our door around 4pm (using extra key) without even knocking or checking if there are guests inside!
The staff just said sorry and told me he will bring cookies.
And since I dont want to ruin our stay I just ignored what happened. But my patience got tested again the following day. My husband and I decided to have breakfast at 8am so before leaving I called housekeeping and requested to clean the room. But to my surprise the room was not even touched when we got back by 9:30. I called housekeeping again and I was told that since we're only staying for one night and we will need to check out by 12nn they will not clean our room.... Whaaaattt??? I explained to the lady that I am just requesting to clean our room and not to change the beddings or towels because we ordered food from their restaurant and the plates are still there on the table. The lady eventually said yes, someone will go to our room and will do light cleaning.

If the hotel guest will request to clean the room, is it too much to ask? Other 5star hotel will always make sure that your room was cleaned and you have a comfortable stay, but with Midas? I dont think so.. I think since this hotel mostly caters to casino players they are not giving excellent customer service. Maybe they think that casino players wont mind if the room was clean or not. But Midas should also consider other guests.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Midas H, Public Relations Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

To Our Valued Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and feedback on your recent stay at Midas Hotel and Casino. We thank you as well for your compliments on our rooms. Nevertheless, we would like to apologize for the service inconvenience you have encountered. We have already alerted the concerned departments rest assured that we shall take appropriate measures and actions to avoid future occurrences.

Once again, we are sorry for what had taken place and we still look forward to welcome and serve you better at Midas one of these days.

ERWIN FIDEL M. DOÑA

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good value for money. Interior is new. There was a problem with the first room that they gave us, so they transfer us to bigger room. Which is a corner room. Huge and a lot of space for our 4 suitcases.
What i like best is their Spa services. I've been to a lot of hotels but the value and service of their massages and body scrubs here are to die for. I had it almost every night. After a tiring day dealing with traffic, knowing that i will be in the hotel spa is what I'm almost looking to go back for.
Buffet breakfast average. Good Filipino and basic international mini stations. It is not like other 5 star buffet breakfast, but its enough to fill you up decently in the morning.

Location: It is best if you need to be near the airport, about $10 from hotel to airport. Mall of Asia (biggest mall in asia they say) is only few km. away. About $4 taxi ride, one way.

Things to improve:
- Service is slow. Call to request for anything will take hours to arrive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank thevacationtrip

To Our Valued Guest,

We are indeed grateful for having you as one of our guests at Midas Hotel and Casino. We would like to thank you as well for sharing with us your comments and feedback on your recent stay with us. Our Essences Spa truly shows that relaxation is more than skin deep, and we are very glad to know that our spa products and services were able to pamper you and kiss your stress goodbye. We have also taken note of your comments regarding our service and we have alerted our departments so we can take appropriate measures for improvement.

Once again, thank you so much for being with us and we look forward to welcome and serve you again at Midas!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you're in to retail therapy then this is a great place for you to stay. And of course if you like gambling. Or girlie bars. Or gambling and girlie bars and shopping.

The rooms are spacious, light, and if you're lucky have some kind of view of the ocean. And the SM Mall of Asia, But the beds are not so comfortable - mine seemed to be higher in the middle than on the edges. Was like trying to sleep on a mountain.

Food options at the hotel - well they are expensive and despite the reputation of being good, I would say merely so-so. The breakfast buffet is not too bad, but not a lot of choice if you are an alternative eater like a vegetarian. Lunch buffet is also extensive, with a little more alternative choice, but as Philippines is primarily a carnivorous country, that is to be expected. They did an all you can drink mojito special offer before for 500 pesos, but that got discontinued after I drank them out of mojitos in one night. It was a challenge, and one that I embraced. And no I did not barf the following morning. Instead I woke up bright and early for breakfast.

If you want to leave the hotel for other things, then the Mall of Asia is located 15 minutes walk, or 15 minutes by complimentary shuttle. You don't want to walk in that heat... There are also plenty of food options, especially fast food, en route for the mall - coffee, pizza, chicken, burgers... you get the picture.

And if the seedier part of Manila is your thing, then you're in luck too - turn left out of the hotel main entrance, past the hospital, turn left at the main junction, and walk maybe 5 minutes and you've arrived at the international entertainment centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Taipeiredlion

To Our Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit in Manila. We are also grateful for taking the time to share your comments and feedback regarding your experience at Midas Hotel and Casino. Your kind words have been passed on to our team and this shall inspire them to continue working for our passion for product and service excellence. We have also taken note of your comments on the areas that we need to improve on so we can take appropriate actions and measures for development.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and looking forward to see you and be of service to you again at Midas!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel prior to our connecting flight to Taipei last March 23. We decided to stay here since it was recommended by a friend. We arrived on the 22nd, just in time for the Bruno Mars Moonshine Jungle Tour 2014 in SM MOA Arena. The distance by car without traffic is around less than ten minutes. But it took us 30 minutes to reach the Arena. So this hotel for this purpose was a good choice.

Location: pluses - near the airport, MOA and the Manila and Pasay area.

Rooms: Old but refurbished. Cabinets, walls, floors, ceilings, toilets were not changed. One could see remnants of the old hotel. The only thing new was the bed and the rest that comes with it.

Service: Acceptable

Breakfast: Nothing to rave about

Airconditioning: Good

Terrace/Balcony: Get the famous manila sunset view, we were not as lucky.

Yanagi Restaurant: Tried their weekend lunch buffet and we liked it very much. Good spread, Reasonable price. Good service. Keep it up Chef Kitigari.

Lobby: Cozy and warm welcome awaits you.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor or better yet the executive rooms. You get to have access to the Sunset Lounge...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phytogerm

To Our Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit in Manila. We thank you as well for your feedback and comments as this will enable us to assess our products and services and look into the areas that we need to improve on. We have also shared your good words to our team and this will truly motivate them to work beyond guests' expectations.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome and serve you again at Midas Hotel and Casino!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If first impressions are anything to go by, you will be amazed by this hotel. The greeter meets you at the airport with a plaque that says Midas Hotel on it.. That wasnt advised to me, a shuttle to the hotel. I pointed to him and came and addressed me by name so he was waiting for me... Great I thought. Off to the car we go.. 3/4's of the way to the car and after a decent conversation about our flight and our holiday so far, he proceeds to tell me that the car isn't free and will actually cost PHP1800 for the one way trip. Stupid me whist a little tickedof at this approved the ride. (Taxi cost from hotel back to airport the next day - PHP270 so it a bit of a rip off actually.. PHP500 - PHP800 maybe would be worh it as its a nice comfy car but still only a Toyota Camry. Anyway, once at the hotel the Drug or Bomb sniffer dog gives you a once over at the door (compulsory everytime you enter) and then through a metal detector before heading to reception. There was a band playing in the foyer which made it almost impossible to hear the lady behind the counter and I believe she would have thought I was 20yrs older than I am because of the way I kept saying 'What??? (with my hand behind my ear) Very helpful staff and the room was great. Nice high room with a great balcony and view towards the airport. There is a shoes and shirt dress code for the casino even for hotel guests so that was too hard for me after we went to look and part with some money. Wasnt to be. They were happy to watch our bags after we check out at 12pm and seen as we didnt have to be at the airport to fly home until 6pm we went to SM Mall of Asia for some last minute shopping which is only a 5 minute cab ride away. Overall Hotelis good and clean and reasonably cheap compared to most around it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

To Our Valued Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for staying at Midas Hotel and Casino. We are grateful as well for taking time to share with us your experience at our hotel. Your good words have been passed on to our team and we have also taken note of your comments on the areas that we need to improve on.

We would like to thank you again and looking forward to welcome and be of service to you again at Midas Hotel and Casino!

ERWIN FIDEL M. DOÑA