I wouldn't say that our stay here was very good, but it was above average and not bad at all. But yet not very good.
Here are the pros and cons:
- Good location nearby the Ninoy Aquino Airport
- A large hotel, where you would definitely feel safe (in comparison to all the other smaller hotels located nearby the airport, which might be located in iffy areas)
- Decor at first sight is not bad at all. Modern look here and there. Though sometimes it didn't seem to flow too well together if you look at the reception area, to the bar area, etc.
- Check in was very efficient and for some reasons, we got upgraded
- Room decor and comfort were very good
- Lobby area had a bar/eating area that served late night food
- Love the breakfast buffet with so much choices to pick from
- They give Bvlgary products as toiletry
- This is a large hotel and casino so a bit of a commercial side to it (I'm more of a boutique type of person)
- The food served in the lobby nearby the stage was not at all up to part. It was served cold and did not resemble at all to what was described on the menu. However the restaurant manager was very accommodating to the mistakes.
- The front reception people failed twice to take care of our requests
- The front lobby is a weird mixture of different looks (though each area on its own looked pretty good)
- Large groups of very loud tourists/guests that are rude
- The room walls are very thin so can hear our neighbor's next door if loud laughing
I don't regret picking this hotel for an overnight stay. But probably would want to discover another hotel if ever back in Manila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midas Hotel and Casino is the newest design-led lifestyle hotel situated along Roxas Boulevard at the coast of Manila Bay. The hotel is flocked by the Japanese Embassy and San Juan de Dios Hospital. It faces the Bay, a few meters from the intersection of Roxas Boulevard and EDSA. In the tradition of excellence set by the building's former occupants, The Sheraton, Savoy Philippines and Hyatt Regency Manila, this 225-room hotel continues to be THE venue for creating fond memories. Certain details of the original structure have been kept and integrated into the redesign of the building's interiors, creating a fusion of the past and the present in perfect harmony. In the chic and spacious hotel lobby, floor-to-ceiling adobe stone walls and pillars have been layered with chrome and crystals providing a stunning backdrop to its luxurious Italian designer furniture; while a fiber optic chandelier, possibly the only one of its kind in the Philippines, lends dramatic illumination. Throughout the hotel, this statement of modern glam and luxury is carried out in every detail. Midas forward-looking rooms and suites are carefully appointed, chic and have the feel of modern glam. All are pleasantly furnished natural fabrics and are equipped with upscale amenities. Executive floor guests get to enjoy buffet cocktails at the Sunset Lounge from 4 pm to 8 pm while taking pleasure in the sight of the Metropolis. Midas also offers restaurants with first-rate options for opulent enjoyment, each set to weave its own taste of magic - the 2702 Lobby Lounge, Midas Cafe and Yanagi Japanese Restaurant. May it be an end-of-day glass of wine or a cocktail to jumpstart a promising evening, the 2702 Lobby Lounge is definitely the place to go to and be seen at. Aside from the wide selection of cocktails, shooters, liqueurs, wines, and hard spirits, the 2702 Lounge also offers tasty treats and nibbles that will complement whatever drink is at hand. Culinary masters converge at the Midas Cafe to offer guests the ultimate dining experience ever. If the mere sight of palatable items laid out in a long buffet line is already an indulgence, then sinking one's teeth to them can be nothing short of divine. Midas Cafe offers everything from authentic teppan and sushi dishes, to classic Filipino dishes with a modern twist. The contemporary Japanese style at its finest is Yanagi Japanese Restaurant located at the Mezzanine floor of the hotel lobby. Experience a variety of specialties, with a sushi and sashimi bar, a teppanyaki / hibachi station and a la carte dining. Set along the majestic stretch of Roxas Boulevard, Midas Hotel and Casino is a short drive away from the domestic and international airports, convention venues, business districts and commercial areas . . . Airports Terminals • Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminals 1 & 2: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel • Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminals 3: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel • Domestic Airport: 5 kms / approximate driving time: 30 minutes from the hotel Convention Venues • SMX Convention Venues: 2 kms / approximate driving time: 15 minutes from the hotel • One Esplanade: 2 kms / approximate driving time: 15 minutes from the hotel • World Trade Center: 3 kms / approximate driving time: 20 minutes from the hotel • Philippine International Convention Center: 3 kms / approximate driving time: 20 minutes from the hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Midas Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midas Hotel Pasay
- Midas Hotel And Casino Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines