“3.5 stars hotel since it was above average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midas Hotel and Casino

Midas Hotel and Casino
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Garden Grove, California
“3.5 stars hotel since it was above average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wouldn't say that our stay here was very good, but it was above average and not bad at all. But yet not very good.

Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Good location nearby the Ninoy Aquino Airport
- A large hotel, where you would definitely feel safe (in comparison to all the other smaller hotels located nearby the airport, which might be located in iffy areas)
- Decor at first sight is not bad at all. Modern look here and there. Though sometimes it didn't seem to flow too well together if you look at the reception area, to the bar area, etc.
- Check in was very efficient and for some reasons, we got upgraded
- Room decor and comfort were very good
- Lobby area had a bar/eating area that served late night food
- Love the breakfast buffet with so much choices to pick from
- They give Bvlgary products as toiletry

Cons:
- This is a large hotel and casino so a bit of a commercial side to it (I'm more of a boutique type of person)
- The food served in the lobby nearby the stage was not at all up to part. It was served cold and did not resemble at all to what was described on the menu. However the restaurant manager was very accommodating to the mistakes.
- The front reception people failed twice to take care of our requests
- The front lobby is a weird mixture of different looks (though each area on its own looked pretty good)
- Large groups of very loud tourists/guests that are rude
- The room walls are very thin so can hear our neighbor's next door if loud laughing

I don't regret picking this hotel for an overnight stay. But probably would want to discover another hotel if ever back in Manila.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Midas H, Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

First-rate products and service excellence are what we strive to be known for. And your feedback is very important as this would enable us to continuously improve our products and services, and provide you with a rare and fulfilling hotel experience that will surely unsurpassed for long. We certainly take note of your comments and we shall extend your good words to our team. On the other hand, we have alerted the concerned departments regarding your experience. And we assure you that appropriate measures will be taken in order to address the problem and prevent future occurrences.

On behalf of the Midas Team, we would like to express our gratitude for staying with us and we look forward to welcome and serve you again at Midas Hotel and Casino.

ERWIN FIDEL M. DOÑA
Associate Director for PR and Brand

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My boss and I were invited for a lunch meeting and ocular inspection at Midas Hotel & Casino. We had lunch at Yanagi Restaurant which offers authentic Japanese cuisine. We were four and each of us had our own bento boxes with its crave-satiating spreads. For its price, it's really worth it. For dessert, I tried their wasabi ice cream which totally scintillates the senses...it's wasabi at its bitingly pungent taste balanced with sweetness. I love it! I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch.

Afterwards, we had a tour of the Hotel and I must say a lot of improvements have been made since I last stayed there about 2 years ago (when they were still at "soft opening). The Lobby remains a feast for people who likes style and class. They now have a "Tent" at the back which is a perfect venue for large crowd events and functions. The swimming pool is still missing... I wish they will have one soon so I can bring back again my family. This chic Hotel is something I would always consider in my visits.

Room Tip: The Executive Room is much comfortable than the De Luxe Room because it is more spacious and the int...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joy A
CezcaEstrada, Manager at Midas Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
To Our Valued Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking time to give us some feedback regarding your visit at Midas Hotel and Casino. We certainly pay attention to your comment as we are committed to constantly improve the quality of our products and services. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your dine at Yanagi Japanese Restaurant, and your kind words have been passed on to our team. This will surely motivate them to work beyond our guests' expectations. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our newly opened Midas Tent where the options are boundless - from the stylish sophistication of an intimate party to grand product launches. Also, the development of our swimming pool is one of our high priorities now.

On behalf of the Midas team, we would like to thank you for your support and we look forward to welcome you again at Midas Hotel and Casino.

ERWIN FIDEL M. DOÑA
Associate Director for PR and Brand
Shanghai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Back in the day, the Diamond was a Hilton or Hyatt and it was new. But now it's a combined casino and hotel in a rundown part of Manila, and the concierge even advised me against going for a walk in daylight ! The hotel is surrounded by security guards but I don't think it's that bad - I went for a walk anyway and felt perfectly safe although perhaps for females alone at night it would be sensible to take a taxi.

At check-in there was only one room ready (409) and I would have had to wait two hours for an alternative, so I took it. But it smelled so moldy and the carpet was so smelly that without me saying a word, the bellboy called for housekeeping as soon as he opened the door. The maid flushed the toilet a few times, sprayed room deodoriser around and advised that once the airconditioning had been running for a while that it would improve and indeed it did, as long as you don't mind a very cold room. But when you leave the room, you take your key from the power source and the a/c switches off - so when you return to the room it smells terrible again. Once you overlook the smell and the mold and the greasy carpet, the room is fine. There are tea-making facilities, slippers, gown and bathroom amenities, so all that's good. The Midas Cafe breakfast buffet also looked good but was $25 so there's a Starbucks around the corner that does alot of business with hotel guests. The lunch buffet also looked good but buffets are a trap - the food gets stale and there's no way you can eat enough food to equal the cover charge, so I usually avoid them. The à la carte menu was more than adequate and I ended up spending $25 instead of $50 for lunch.

So I can't recommend the Diamond. There are signs that the hotel foyer is being remodeled, but it would be good to know that the rooms are also being renovated to remove the smell. I guess there's nothing they can do about the location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beatric
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I availed of their "weekday promo" and was able to get a room for only P4400 a night. Bed is comfy. You have all the amenities. Plus a free shuttle to Mall of Asia if you want to shop. For an overnight stay in Pasay, this will be my hotel of choice!

• Stayed August 2013
Davao City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stay in this hotel almost every month and service is always fantastic. The staffs are very friendly and always makes me feel at home. They already know what I want and need. The rooms are new if you'll be located at the 9th and 10th floor. Lower floors are old room but its still cozy. The bed is very comfortable and the pillow and sheets are premium. Complimentary water is unlimited but upon request. Soaps and Shampoos are either Acca Kappa or Bvlgari.

Breakfast buffet has a lot of choices. What I like is their corned beef and you can ask them to prepare you your own choice of omelet.

Overall this is like my 2nd home. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank defyeo
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed for business travel in Midas Hotel. Only the lobby is new, but an extreme cold feeling. I have been upgraded to a mini suite, but the room is old. There are stains on the carpets, the wooden doors are shrinking. Anyhow, the best part is the good service and friendly employee, all of them.

Room Tip: Pick those with views to the main road, not facing the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting high for executive room but disappointed to find that the shower was not working during my stay.

Wifi in room was ok and password was not required.

Check in and out took quite a while and can be improved.

Shuttle service interval is quite long in between times.

Overall, I love the room, but not anything else.

• Stayed July 2013