“Nice Hotel But Needs CS Improvement, Lack of Hospitality”

Midas Hotel and Casino
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Makati
“Nice Hotel But Needs CS Improvement, Lack of Hospitality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

First of, my husband bought a ticket from a group buying site. The site did not include the fact that in every transaction there will be a middle agency, and so the misleading coupon bought the interest of my husband to surprise me for our Second wedding anniversary knowing that it is from a "reputable" hotel. Night before our anniversary I saw my husband very furious and frustrated and then he then told me about the failed surprise caused to him by the midas customer service and the agency. The agency did replied to him 7PM of November 20, 2012, that was too late for my husband to prepare for another plan, see below for the email of the said agency:

"Please be advised that Nov 21 is already fully booked as per Midas hotel.

Please advise other travel dates to proceed with the booking."

I asked him that he should ask the help of Midas directly, a little additional charge will not hurt our budget but unexpectedly Midas hotel was not good in handling it. they just promised my husband that they will call him but they did not.

Because of this disappointment, I asked my husband to demand for refund but he refused because he said dealing with them can give us another stress thinking that it would be our anniversary the other day. ok, second chance it is! so we booked December 14.

Come December 14,at the parking of Midas hotel we were expecting an assistance from the guard since he was just standing near us but he didn't we just have to call for another guard's attention to help us with the parking. By the way, parking doesn't look so safe unlike other hotels in Manila.

We had this 'good afternoon' greetings but no assistance after. They gave us a coupon for the welcome drinks but we didn't claim it since it's awkward to ask where (nobody assisted us going to the elevator or claiming the welcome drinks, unlike other hotels).

The room is good, fair for the price. comfortable. The hand soap is bvlgari (just the hand soap - it's ok because I am really not expecting bvlgari for rate of our room).

We arrived at the breakfast buffet area and we were like in the fast food standing beside the questionable table if someone still occupies it. Why? because the vacant tables have plates and food. Knowing it's a buffet, we can't just seat at that table immediately because someone might still getting his food. No one assisted us to our table. This is actually our first time to have this experience in a hotel's breakfast buffet. We were standing beside one of the tables with plates for like 5 minutes and since nobody claimed the table so we decided to seat ( yes, though the staff are loitering and seeing us, nobody care to assist us).

I went to check the buffet and the food are just fine. you will not get back to get another type of it. I went to check the egg station and asked for scrambled egg, while checking for their beef stroganoff, I overheard their staff asking for the scrambled egg for one of the guests. The staff said that the guest is following up for his scrambled egg. I am very disappointed on how the lady cook replied in a nasty filipino language " nasan yun number nya? wala? wag mo syang bigyan" "ayan ang number, mag hintay sya" (where is his number? nothing? then don't give him" "here's the number, let him wait". I am not expecting that kind of reply and attitude thinking that the other guests might hear them.

I still noticed the tables with plates and it will only be clear once another guest seated again.
btw, I don't know if they have swimming pool that's why I rated it poor
Filipinos are hospitable but they lack of it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vylet21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here last November 23-24, 2012 with my PWD (persons with disability) husband. We reserve executive room at least 4 days before we stayed here.

Discourteous reception clerk -- We arrived at around 2:30 and the rooms were still UNAVAILABLE. Worse, the reception clerk was discourteous and impolite. Kept answering back when I was demanding why there was no room available. It reached the point when he (reception clerk) waved his hand at me in dismissal and pointed to the other guests. This is simply unacceptable conduct.

Discriminates against locals -- The reception clerk gave our room (after we already signed the papers to check in) to a Korean. When I asked why we were bumped off, the reception staff pretended that the room was no longer available.

Unhelpful duty manager - I immediately reported the incident to the duty manager that day who promised to give me a formal report by the next day. When I inquired about the report, the on-duty reception clerk, informed us that there was no report left by the duty manager.

Hotel management protects their "own" - Before we left, we filed a "complaint report" and submitted it to the reception clerk, it was never acted on.

Ironically, I liked this hotel since it is beside the casino. We stayed here for 3 times before this incident. But if they continue to give this kind of bad service, I'l rather stay at another hotel. Hope they do something about it.

Room Tip: I both tried the executive and deluxe rooms. If you choose a deluxe room, just make sure the rooms a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Christine J
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent the night here last night and was really satisfied with our room and the hotel. We got a deluxe room with twin beds, room was spacious, the bed was great and watching tv on the 42" screen was enjoyable. Breakfast at Midas Cafe was a treat, the selection was great and they even serve noodles for breakfast. I'm thinking of getting their gold card (good for a year) to avail of great discounts and complimentary tickets, too bad the package only has one overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Clefairy
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Midas Hotel & Casino is a splendid new hotel facing the ever growing 'Pagcor City' where at least 7 multi-national big hotel and gaming facilities will exist starting this year. What used to be a favorite hotel of the 70's and the 80's, the Hyatt Regency Manila, the total refurbishment of this hotel was done with precision, to say the least. All the rooms are 5 star in both its hard and soft wares with a distinctive modern style. The coffee shop offers great value for money meals including an incredible buffet lunch for less that a thousand pesos. Their Japanese restaurant should be discovered by those who understand Japanese cuisine because it is superb! I am glad it is doing justice to it's fore-runner, the great Tempura Misono managed by the maitre 'd of all seasons Albert Seeland (+). Wonderful place to be.

Room Tip: If you want a quite place by the Bay Area, make it Midas.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Vic A
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't know about other guest, but I have enjoyed my stay at Midas Hotel just last month before our membership in this hotel expired.
Have stayed in a deluxe room with 2 single beds. The beds are comfortable, but I would prefer a double size bed. The entire hotel including inside the rooms, the buffet area offers Free Wifi. The room decor are not the classy type, but more of an old rustic design of a Filipino grand mansion. The rooms comes with all the basic necessities such as blowdryer, ref, water kettle, and a good size LCD TV that you can plug your USB drive and play the movies you have stored in the USB. The Food serve/offered in the Buffet Area 2nd floor is top notch. We had buffet dinner and buffet breakfast..... the food are well prepared, good taste, lots of choices.
Lastly, the hotels staffs are kind, and helpful. Overall, 4 stars. I deduct one star bec. their GYM is located on the top floor and when requested to have the aircon turn on, they only responded after 30 mins. .. not very efficient on this part...also, their pool is not available yet for hotel guest. They said this will be open by December.... hmmmm....

Room Tip: This hotel is not recommended for family with Kids... as their pool area is not yet open, they do ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank abingsyu
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked a 3D/2N stay here via agoda and I got the deluxe room twin sharing which included breakfast. I actually expected a lot 'coz my friend had her OJT (on the job training) there and she said that rooms are nice. Checked-in around 12am and it was a breeze, we were asked to give an incidental deposit of P6,000 which will be refunded upon check-out. The lobby was impressive and it was very modern but the moment we were brought to our room, OHMYGOODNESS!!! it was very far from what I saw from the pictures. It was old, musty and had stains in their mirrors and bathtub. The room was also poorly lit, the chair is old and whenever I sat there, my behind feels itchy, I think they have bedbugs on their seat.

For their bed, we requested a twin bed and we were given one large bed, and to our discovery, our huge bed is made up of 2 twin beds linked together, like seriously? We just shook it off 'coz the beds were comfy but still, what hotel does that?

The bathroom is gross, you'll have second thoughts in stepping on their tub coz they have scratches and some dirty stains that they can't remove, really gross.

We actually heard some strange sounds and we thought that someone is trying to break in our room. I don't know what that was but when we were about to leave our room the air conditioning unit made some strange noise as if it was going to be detached on the ceiling. Weird. Also, we already had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door and early in the morning, people were banging on our door asking us if we want our room to be cleaned. Again, seriously, can't they read?

As for their breakfast, it was not that bad, there were enough food choices, their mushroom rice (forgot what it's called) is really good. They have noodles, congee and pancake / waffle section. For the drinks, they will only serve water and you have to get coffee and juices on your own.

For taxis, you wouldn't have a hard time getting one coz a lot are passing by there.

Oh, and by the way, when we got off our car for check-in, no one approached us for our luggage, we have to carry it on our own, talk about service, BOO!

Overall, I will NEVER ever return to this hotel. EVER.

Room Tip: say no to room 702
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank time_traveller123_11

Travelers are raving about these Pasay hotels

広島
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed this hotel first time so breakfast too. They have all kinds of foods but taste was so so. Room was clean so we could spend comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012