“dirty, expensive, loud, aweful beds”

Roger's Place Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Pasay B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“dirty, expensive, loud, aweful beds”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Our flight from Tokyo was delayed, so we had to stay one more night in Manila and ask at the Tourist Information, which Hotel to take. I remember saying I was looking for a nice hotel, comfortable, quiet.
Well, he said, we should go to Rogers Palace. Its great, he has been there, a wonderful hotel, with shopping and everything we want. Before I could even reconsider he already made a phone call, gave me a license plate number I should have a look out for and sent me outside to wait for the shuttle to bring me there.
We drove for 10 minutes and when I thought, ok, I guess, he just stopped to visit a friend, we had arrived. The hotel has 3 floors (even though the Elevator says 23 ;)) and is surrounded by - nothing. Ok, lets be fair, the Cargo Terminal and the main road. You walk in, there are at least 15 "employees" - all 20? year old Philippines, smiling, chatting, doing nothing. The Entrance was tiny, and dirty. Hallways covered in hair.The clientel were people like us (uncertain if this was a joke) or old and bold ugly fat whities with their 20 year old Philippino - sad.
We got the "deluxe room" - Deluxe, because it has a WINDOW! minus 10 % (I guess I looked like I'd kill someone) The size was ok, but it was awefully loud. The Bathroom has seen much better days, and besides the already mentioned hair everywhere, there were little bugs? walking across the floor, up the wall... basically everwhere.
We went out and just came back to sleep. When we checked in I asked if I could order the mentioned free airport shuttle for the morning, and was told... Oh, no problem, its always here, whenever you want to go. Well, no. Its not. And for them to call you a cab, takes an hour. In the morning we wanted to have the free breakfast, well... an instant coffee thats basically it. And the only shuttle they have drives only at specific times to the airport.

I could go on and on. Seriously, if you have the chance..-.. there are nicer hotels, even downtown for the same price. (and a cab costs about 300 PHP to go there) Look for one, avoid Rogerspalace. If you can.

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank 298573Lola77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
DG Budget Hotel Salem
#25 of 31 in Pasay
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,235 reviews
Kabayan Hotel Pasay
Manila Marriott Hotel

Been to Roger's Place Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Roger's Place Hotel

Property: Roger's Place Hotel
Address: B3, Salem International Complex, Domestic Road, Pasay, Luzon 1301, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Luzon > Metro Manila > Pasay
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Airport Transportation
Ranked #11 of 17 B&Bs / Inns in Pasay
Hotel Class:1 star — Roger's Place Hotel 1*
5-minute drive away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal Complex. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Roger's Place Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Roger's Place Hotel Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines