“a trap for the tired traveler”

Roger's Place Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Pasay B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My flight was canceled and since I was pretty tired, after a "recommendation" from a taxi driver I accepted to go to this hotel since it's near the airport and I had a flight early the next day .

It's an overpriced tiny room with no windows and unusable wifi. Nothing much around to do near the hotel.

Simply avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NadosM

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last September 2013. Since it was raining cats and dogs, plus the horrible traffic, I told our taxi driver to just drive us to the nearest hotel. Which was like 10 - 15 mins drive. He took us here, to Roger's Palace, then the taxi driver asked us for 1200 pesos!! When we checked in, the receptionists aren't even welcoming! We payed around 3000 + pesos for a 9 m2 room that is look like a jail, the window is so tiny! You can barely walk inside the bedroom because the bed is taking too much of the space. There are tiny insects/bugs in the sink of the bathroom. Toilet is dirty, yellowish stains everywhere! When we were about to sleep, I could hear everything! The aircon was too loud, you can hear the people from streets, the person above your room… Arrghh! You can't really rest in this hotel. AVOID AT ALL COST!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vhiely
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Never ever come back on this hotel.After a really long flight all we want is a good sleep,but the air condition was not working and no windows at all.Its like a prison cell.It was recommended by the taxi driver.This people has a contact to each other,frm hotel staff,travel agency etc.Everybody tried to get cash on u.So be careful specially if you are a foreigner.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

the place is an over priced dump. the room had no windows and felt like a jail cell.
I paid 79.00 and in the philippines it is only worth about 15.00
the only thing good about it is that it is close to the airport so if your desperate and flying out the next morning..............ok they include breakfast at the resturant next door but the food is terrible

Stay away from this place if you can

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We missed our connecting flight and had no choice but to look for an accommodation near the airport for the night. I guess the airport security could tell we were stranded and recommended this hotel to us. His over-enthusiasm of promoting this hotel made us skeptical but we finally agreed as it was late and we were really tired.
The cost that we paid for is totally unjustifiable for the kind of accommodation. The room's ventilation was terrible and there is no window which means there is no way to air the room. The moment you open the door the whole room has a stale smell and it just won't go throughout the night. The bathroom was worse, there is this lingering stench that we dreaded even going near it and kept the toilet door closed at all times. Oh, and i almost forgot to mention about the small cockroaches on the wall crawling into the sides of the wardrobe when we first stepped in and on the lights. We were lucky that stay was only a few hours and we check-out very early morning as we managed to get the earliest flight out from Manila.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Inovative smoothtalking receptionist ! - called them, since I have been there a couple of times together with my Filipino wife. Only rooms available for 3000 peso. Well - ok, they are full. Came there, booked in - was sent to a new neighbouring establishment, some ecolodge in the name (plenty of loud music. If they are full..ok. Just for fun I checked on internet, online booking - and what did I see - well, ROOMS AVAILABLE at Rogers place for 2000 peso a night!!
Is it the crew that is cheating the owner of Rogers place by sending people to that other place?
Not very clean rooms, beds almost falling apart, loud music.
I can not recomend this place anymore

Room Tip: Do not live in that ecolodge the wants to send you to!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice with my wife a Filipina. Mainly because its close the the airport and believe me thats the only good thing about it.
The male staff seem to think that because im a foreigner i cant understand what they say about me or my wife. Wrong. Also the toilet seat was balancing on one hinge and the taps were filthy on the sink.
Just be careful when visiting here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jims1001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
DG Budget Hotel Salem
DG Budget Hotel Salem
#14 of 32 in Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Go Hotels Manila Airport Road
Manila Marriott Hotel
Red Planet Aseana City, Manila

Been to Roger's Place Hotel? Share your experiences!