“poor service”

Gerry's Grill
Ranked #23 of 463 Restaurants in Pasay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 2 556 0310.
London
“poor service”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been eating here regularly before so I was really disappointed when I came back after an extended absence. Service sucks! It took 10 minutes before they came back with our bill after I had requested it - the wait staff said it was going to take 5 minutes, without explaining why. The place was not full, so we speculated that there was something wrong with their billing system (but even if they had to compute manually, it would not have taken 10 minutes).

We asked for some soy sauce, chili (siling labuyo) and kalamansi for our grilled tuna and squid - the wait staff pointed to the bottle on our table saying that was soy sauce; we said it was not soy sauce - it was an inihaw (grill) sauce made of soy sauce and probably sugar (it was sweet). We wanted real soy sauce (toyo), we said. So they gave us soy sauce on a saucer and two pieces of sili and three pieces of kalamansi. (There were four of us in the group.) I told my companions that Gerry's was probably trying to save on money by scrimping on the condiments - even sili and kalamansi.

I like the food at Gerry's, especially their chili and cheese sticks but I will not go back to this branch.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Las Pinas, Philippines
“great food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

food was really good in this restaurant plus the tuna sisig was really good my partner liked it very much and the seafood rice was definitely good too, I had to take some back in the hotel cause I wasn't able to finish everything the quantity so big its almost for 3 people and for its price is pretty affordable as well!

• Visited October 2013
Old Saybrook
“Great Grill Alongside Manila Bay (Mall of Asia)”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We live nearby for the winter months (escaping the New England winter), and so make the rounds of Mall of Asia restaurants. Gerry's Grill is definitely one of our favorites. We have had a variety of BBQ pork and grilled and steamed fish there -- all quite good. I like the steamed dory, but the grilled Marlin steak can't be beat. They also fix a mean Magarita...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JBBannister
Makati, Philippines
“I love the location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whenever we eat at Gerry's we always order sisig. It's one of the better ones in comparison with other restaurants that offer it. I like my sisig crunchy and with egg. The grilled pusit is also good! The food here is definitely for sharing. Portions are huge so its good value for money. An added bonus is the location. It's at the back of MOA so you also get a glimpse of Manila Bay.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kat C
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Best snails ever!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We live in Singapore - and we have a Gerry's Grill near Somerset. We've eaten there often, and also the Gerry's on Boracay. I have to say Gerry's at Mall of Asia is our favourite.

Last visit was on this current trip - and the highlight was the Ginadaang Kuhol (snails in coconut milk) - very tasty - and after Singapore the value is great.

Will go again.