“Very Nice Hotel and Location”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
South Carolina
“Very Nice Hotel and Location”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions during my recent trip of 4 months to the Philippines. The rooms are clean and modern. Staff was very courteous and efficient. My Last stay I arrived at the hotel about 9am and checkin is not until 2pm but they had a room ready and let me check in early with NO Extra Charge. The free breakfast is very very good and varies each day So much food and variety it is hard for anyone to not have their fill. Only thing is on days when the hotel is fully booked it can get hectic at the breakfast area and the staff are really tested to keep up with everything, especially going around and keeping everyones coffee refilled. The hotel has good security in effect also. Taxi service is offered by the hotel or there is a taxi stand across the street from the hotel. The hotel is within a short walk to the huge Mall of Asia.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthCarolinaPogiMan
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you stayed three times in the hotel during your visit to the Philippines. It is nice that you were very satisfied with our service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tallahassee
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Spent six nights at the Microtel in December. Hotel location is across the street from a large mall, and right on the Bay. The view of the sunset from the roof is breathtaking. Look the other way, and you can see the shanty town built for workers of a nearby construction site.

The restaurant Millie's has much to be desired. The rooms are fine. Nothing special. You can not drink the water, or even use it for brushing your teeth. There is filtered water in the hallway. Air conditioning is mediocre at best -- just recycled air inside the room. The area around the hotel is pretty loud and sleeping wasn't always easy.

The hotel was fine. The staff was pleasant. If you like to run, there are a lot of people out on the streets early in the morning joining you. If you want to exercise, you have to run, as there is no fitness center at the hotel, and the pool, while nice, isn't big enough for swimming. Not saying I wouldn't return, but I would look around before coming back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that faces south, away from the mall and construction site.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. We are happy that you were with us for six nights. We appreciate the high scores you gave our team in terms of cleanliness. Our team always take extra efforts in our cleaning standards. We have taken note of your comments and we will use them to further improve on our services. We do hope you will consider us again in the future.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I found out only last jan. 23, 2014 when i got my credit card billing statement that the hotel billed be twice, the first time was when i made my reservation on Dec. 23, 2013 at 1:58pm and on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:03am. I immediately informed the hotel staff Kathleen about it and she informed me that she checked the system and based on their records i was only charged once, that was on dec. 23, 2013.. I freaked out and insisted that i was billed twice, so she asked me to fax her a copy of the said credit card billing statement and asked for my celfone number and promised to call me back. However the call never came so i had to call again the next day to follow up and confirm if the fax copies of the billing statement was received and asked why they never called back and Mike, the assistant manager informed me that there was indeed a double charge and that the excess payment was reverted...however, it shows how irresponsible and unprofessional the staff are becoz they had to wait for me to call to follow up instead of calling me to inform me of the reversion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank loewee22865
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. We understand how you feel about our staff not calling you back about your concern. We have taken note of this lapsed in our service and rest assured that we will review our processes to improve on our services.

Travelers are raving about these Pasay hotels

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2014

About 20 minutes from airport if traffic is light. Great waterfront location within easy and safe walk of the massive Mall of Asia.
Surprised at 4 a.m. checkout to find a bagged breakfast awaiting us because we wouldn't be eating in the restaurant that morning. Very nice touch.
Queen suite was roomy with a kitchenette/microwave/fridge and bed was comfortable. Overall room was a little bit tired looking, especially the bath but rain-head shower worked well. Window was a bit grimy but probably from the salt air and construction across the street.
Never did figure out how to set the complicated alarm clock! Wakeup call was better.
Efficient and friendly staff. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Price was about $110 US.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour/sea view. Avoid the north side with high-rise construction underway across the stree...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 2275Waves
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is nice to know that the service of our people made a positive impression on you. We will use your comments to improve on our service. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Location: walking distance from Mall of Asia, ferris wheel, different rides, international buffet, and bay. It was good exercise for us to walk and get a nice breeze from the bay. Ample parking space.
Service: We booked our room online through agoda and we had a quick check-in. We requested a higher level, quiet area, 2 beds and city view, and we got what we asked for, with extra bonus of bay view where we can view the sunset. We asked for room slippers and we got them right away. I have an early morning flight (6am) and hotel offered to have breakfast to go. I got my brown bag consisting of warm sandwich, boiled egg, orange, and water ready at 3am. Initially, I had the airport shuttle pick me up at 3:30am, but since we woke up early, I requested for an earlier pickup and they accommodated my request. Very flexible and respectful staff. My brother who was left behind enjoyed his breakfast - with viands, fruits and bread selections. Room with safe to store valuables. Free drinking water by the hallway to refill our bottled water containers.
Cleanliness - Clean lobby and restaurant; our room was on the 11th floor; immaculately clean bedsheets for the queen beds, floors and walls are clean. At 3am, two staff guys were already sanitizing the floors as we stepped out of the elevator.
Quietness - we had a restful night because the room was quiet; away from street noise
Cost - one bedroom with two queen beds cost about 3850 add tax and fee. Add an extra 685 pesos (as I recall) for airport shuttle. Good value. Drive at 3am took about 10 minutes to Terminal 1. Courteous driver.
View: Go all the way to the 12th floor and take the stairs to the pool lounge and admire the views both during the daytime and night lights.Good photo opportunity. Cool fresh air to enjoy in the lounge. Swimming pool is on this very top floor.
Highly recommended. We will stay here again for the future next trip to Manila.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and had good views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank pumpsnow1523
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very detailed comment in TripAdvisor. It nice to know that you were very satisfied with your stay. We very much value your appreciation of our people. It is always very rewarding whenever the efforts of our team are noticed by guests like you. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was staying for two nights only and chose Microtel due to the convenient location next to Mall of Asia and the Airport. The Hotel is clean and the check-in / check-out was good and fast. I insisted that I will pay no deposit as I am not using any hotel services except for the included brakfast and would pay any extras in cash. The breakfast choice was good on the first morning but on the second I didn't find much to please me as local dishes e.g. bangus are not my cup of tea. When I got up from the table to get some more food and left a half full glass and the dirty dish I found that within like 1-2 minutes everything disappeared assuming that I have finished (including the cup of coffee I was just served and only had one or two sips...)... The waitress must have had her very first day that day I assume, as she was not very experienced...

The hotel is good value for money and is close to Mall of Asia which was my key criterium. However there were two / three unpleasant things: 1. My Safety deposit box was defective and it took several attempts and untill the evening untill it was fixed which resulted in me carrying all my valuables with me in a backpack in the hot weather. However that was fixed before I went to bed so I could live with it, even though it required reminding the staff several times. 2. The Internet is not for free in the rooms, but if you get your unlimited LTE card from Smartmobile you can live with it... 3. on the second day / night the TV connection broke and due to their cable provider they were not able to offer any TV program. Instead they offered free wifi in the room of which I did not avail. Stay 14.-16. December 2013

Room Tip: Definitely a Corner Room with View of Manila Bay and the Ferris Wheel - I specifically asked for it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you appreciated what our location has to offer and that you find our rooms clean. We will use your comments to improve on our services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.