Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“it's perfect!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

microtel's location is perfect, next to a church, next to a mall, next to a convention center and next to concerts and games. they also have good view of manila bay. the size of the hotel is just nice, it's not too big. their housekeeping staff are very accommodating and professional. i particularly like what they have at the roofdeck, a pool that seems close to the sky ... it's the perfect place to be during sunset.

Room Tip: choose a room with a sunset view ... it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us last September 2012. It is nice to know that you appreciated the location of the hotel and our housekeeping team. We at Microtel ensures that our location provides the utmost convenience to all our guests. Your good comments of our housekeeping team will be relayed to them accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel Mall of Asia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staying at hotels can be tiring at times especially if it would require travelers/visitors to have a private vehicle to get around nearby spots. Staying here provided us easy accessibility to the Mall of Asia and surrounding go to places. The hotel is small compared to others but still provides quality service, clean and comfortable rooms, good buffet and yet at an affordable price. The bed and pillow were soft, the TV reception was nice although we noticed that it was hard to have cellphone signal while staying in the room. but overall for quick trips/layovers even in their other locations, this hotel can attend to your needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your stay with us last October 2012. It is nice to know that you appreciated what Microtel is all about. We put premium in providing clean, comfortable, safe and affordable accommodations to all our guests. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel Mall of Asia.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 13, 2013

LOCATION: We stayed in room 1112 from October 24-November 2, 2012. Pretty much the location and convenience is the main factor we opted for the stay. Proximity to the Mall of Asia, airport, Manila bay, Marina East where we had our party venue and almost anywhere around Manila was a breeze. Check in was fairly quick, receptionist is pretty and friendly. The concierge on the first day was helpful enough to take our luggages in our room.

ROOM: Clean and simple nothing fancy. BUT the VIEW is SPECTACULAR. We had double room sunset view and a view of the city as well. The fireworks at night was such an added bonus. Manila bay is breathtaking specially in the morning as you wake up it gives you the feeling of calmness. I have to ask for the window to be locked as my kids can open the window mainly for safety reason. There is a water dispenser in our floor close to the elevator but there were no ice. NO WIFI inside the room is disappointing. I have to buy wifi service and the concierge delivers the access card. Not so pleased with no Wifi connection.

SLEEP QUALITY: The beds were comfortable, linens ... crisp and clean, pillows were medium firm. The temperature is slightly cool, barely we noticed noises even though there was a lot of activities going on in the vicinity, husband participated on the 10K run at 4AM, there was a band reunion concert from the 90's etc. etc.

SERVICE: The customer service was overall satisfactory. Mainly because not all the staff were friendly, some needs to put a grin on their faces specially that they know that majority of their guests can write a review about the facility and the customer service. My husband had told me that when I was in Singapore he didn't like a certain front desk receptionist who has an attitude.

Special mention to the maintenance crew (I forgot their names though) for resetting the safety deposit box, taking care of the toilet that won't flush even in the wee hours of the night. There were 2 situations where my husband can't get out of the bathroom because of a broken lock but eventually got out and the other one was when a niece of mine who paid for a visit and used the toilet and can't get out. She was a little panicky, I called the front desk, maintenance came in to fix it after roughly 20 minutes. He was courteous so I didn't get upset. There seem to have a manager (I supposed, not sure) there in a white top but he seemed to be edgy. I usually see him in the front desk but he won't smile what a bummer, a simple smile is a must for this kind of business.

Special mention as well to the custodians who cleans our room who changes our linens and towels. We also availed of the shuttle to drop us off and pick me up in the airport. I must say (I forgot his name again) that this particular driver who picked me up and waited for me was a description of an employee who embodies what a customer service looked like. A friendly smile, helpful, courteous, knowledgeable, listens to customers and took the extra step when my flight was delayed. There was this concierge as well who always gave us a smile and upbeat greeting every time he sees us. But not all concierge was like him. Needs added training for this I guess to achieve the most of your guests stay.

KIDS ACTIVITIES: My 2 kids enjoyed the pool on the roof top, per there stories and pictures as well (I was at Singapore at that time). We have to pay extra for their food on breakfast though.

VALUE: Affordable considering the bay view. I wish there was a room service though. There is I think but (correct me if I am wrong) is not available until 8 PM ...

BREAKFAST: We stayed in Hotel H2O as well before Microtel I could say that H2O has a better selections of food.

We recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very detailed comment in TripAdvisr with regards to your nine days stay in Microtel Mall of Asia last October 2012. It is nice to know that general, you and your family had a pleasant stay with us. We are happy that you were able to appreciate what Microtel is all about. We put premium in providing clean, comfortable, convenient and safe accommodations to all our guests. We agree that we need to be consistent especially in the way our team provide customer service. We will relay all your comments to our team for us to be able to improve on our service. We look forward to having you and your family back in Microtel.
singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Location & breakfast is the key feature of this hotel.

It is very near Mall of Asia where you can do all your shopping & eat all kinds of food whether in restaurants or fast food. Moreover, behind the shopping mall is Manila Bay which is lined with restaurants serving lots of seafood.

It's also fun to hangout that area, that day there were some performances. I heard fireworks are nice too but I think only available on weekends.

Room were clean, came with 2 queen beds. Bed was comfortable. Room also comes with basic amenities except for bottled water. BUT, when coming out of the lift, there's a water dispenser with cups & ice cubes. Which for me is a very good alternative.

The breakfast had a very good spread & we totally enjoyed it.
The pool area (found on the roof top) blew me away, though pool itself is quite small but the view of Manila Bay is breath taking. The set up was very nice where everything is painted white & the chairs/table are in dark brown, feels like in Greece :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your very recent stay with us in Microtel by Wyndham Mall of Asia. We are delighted that you liked our breakfast spread at Millie's Restaurant. We appreciate you taking notice of the cleanliness of our rooms and the convenience of the hotel's location. We at Microtel puts premium in providing clean, convenient, safe and secured accommodations to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel.
vancouver
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed a night before our trip back home. Convenient and Clean. The Breakfast was decent. I arranged a shuttle to the airport and waited 20 minutes late. with a lil confusion with the shuttle and breakfast voucher Reception immediately resolved it. so no complaints there.

Room was clean and hallways are clean too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that you were able to appreciate what Microtel is all about. We put premium in providing clean, convenient, safe and secured accommodations to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel.
waldorf, MD
Reviewed March 5, 2013

convenient near a big shopping mall also with scheduled shuttle going to the mall, near the airport is also a plus, minimal activities for the kids, walking back to the hotel from the mall will be dangerous at night

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alphanakadakma
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Microtel by Wyndham Mall of Asia. It is nice to know that you appreciated the convenience that our location offers. We would like to assure you thou that the area within the Mall of Asia complex is pretty much secured. It is well lighted and both the complex security group and local police are visible even at night. We look forward to welcoming you back in Microtel.
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice. It is the nearest hotel to the SMX Convention Center and is thus the logical convention hotel. It is also conveniently near a mall and near enough to the international airport.

While all rooms have a Manila bay view, I've been fortunate because I've gotten the side of the building that has a better view of the bay. Also, it is the ideal place to watch the Pyromusic festival fireworks that happen every February and March.

What I wish they would have in their rooms: coffee service, bottled water, full-length mirror, bath robes.

I bring my own coffee but when I was there, I didn't even have a cup to put it in. If one wants cold or hot water, one will have to walk to the elevator landing where there is a water dispenser. Sometimes, I just opt not to drink water because to do so would mean I would have to get dressed to get water. There's no robe available to put over my sleepwear.

The breakfast buffet is substantial and varied. I stayed for 4 days so I was worried that I would be eating the same food everyday. I was pleasantly surprised when there was a variety of meats, fish, sausages, congee, cereal, breads.

In-room internet has to be paid for so understandably, there are always people in the lobby where the wi-fi is free. The pool is on the roof deck. It is small but at least the view is wonderful.

The staff is accommodating and relatively easy to deal with. Their portage staff is incredibly nice.

I wouldn't mind checking in relatives into this hotel. I'd come back for the next convention.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank purplepinay
MicrotelMallofAsia, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment in TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us in Microtel by Wyndham Mall of Asia. It is nice to know that it is your second time to stay with us and that you had a pleasant stay. We are happy that you appreciated what our location has to offer and that we were able to surprise you with our breakfast spread. We look forward to your next visit in Microtel.