My family and I spent one night in Microtel on the 13th of January, 2013. That is my wife and I, my son Aleksander, 8, and my daughter, Maya, 5 months. We checked in early due to our early flight from Legaspi. This was no problem whatsoever. The room was spacious and the hotel clean. While the design is functional and not flashy, this was welcome after some disastrous hotel stays in Manila over the years. It was spotless, everything worked and the beds were comfy. Breakfast and facilities were good when the reasonable price is considered. Even the taxi van to the airport the next day was not a rip off.
However, I would particularly like to bring the attention to the staff on the morning we were due to leave. My infant daughter had become quite ill with a chest infection over the night. When I asked for a nearby doctor the reception staff were concerned and advised us that they would get an ambulance to my daughter. While we thought this was perhaps a bit serious for a chest infection, we did agree. Carlos, the manager, told us not to worry about our bags or the room and was genuinely concerned. The Hotel even paid for the ambulance! My daughter's infection turned out not to be too bad, she received an xray and we got the medicines prescribed. When we returned, all the staff, even the doormen was asking after my daughter, Maya. My wife and I were genuinely touched by this level of genuine service, which is hard to find in any hotel.
In summary, a reasonably priced hotel, right beside MOA, with clean, spacious rooms, a rooftop pool and a decent breakfast. However, I would go back any time we are in Manila just because of the extraordinary level of service. Salamat Carlos and all the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This economy class hotel is convenient to a myriad of popular tourist sites in Manila. The hotel offers 150 clean and comfortable rooms that are adorned with modern amenities such as chiropractic approved mattresses, color television and cable channels, window seating for relaxation, built-in desk and furniture and wireless Internet access. Guests will also find a restaurant and outdoor pool which offer a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploration. The Microtel Hotels & Resorts Mall of Asia is the perfect property for guests that want quaint accommodation in a prime location with signature Microtel quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Manila Mall Of Asia Hotel Pasay
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Manila/At Mall Of Asia Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines