“Great Steakhouse”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014

First of all, the prices seem high. Then you look at the meat cooler they proudly display, along with the fact that they are serving high quality U.S. Beef, and you do the math and realize, that compared to most good steakhouses in the United States, their prices are actually very good. The open kitchen, along with the aforementioned meat display, means that this beautiful steakhouse has nothing to hide. They are proud of what they do and they should be. The Chef is knowledgeable, and the kitchen staff is well trained. The front of the house manager is a joy to speak to and also has a well trained knowledgeable staff. I will certainly go back again and again. Great quality steaks, well seasoned food and knowledgeable staff. What more do you need in Manila?

1  Thank AnAmerican-in-Saudi
Anna Liza V, Manager at Cru Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Mr. AnAmerican-in-Saudi,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback on CRU Steakhouse through TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read that you found the entire restaurant experience from the ambience, the quality of meats, to the service really great. We are indeed very proud of the Culinary team and the Service team that we have in that restaurant. They have certainly contributed to the overall success of CRU that it has been consistently named as one of the best restaurants in town.

Looking forward to another visit from you soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a guest come in from Jakarta and wanted to find a nice place near airport and decided on the Marriott; we were after its reputation. We are a fan of the Marriott Steakhouse all around the world so we went to the Cru. We had no reservations but we were quite early and the friendly staff was very accommodating and seated us in a nice cubicle. The menu is sufficient for discerning patrons. They have a few table side preparations that we ordered: salmon tatare; Ceasar salad. The portions were good for sharing, which we didn't know. Our guest had the onion soup, and he was quite happy with it. For the main course, two ordered the steak; and as expected they were tasty, tender and very hearty. Mine, was a fish dish which was unfortunately dry. One would say that steak should be the best choice in a Steakhouse; although any restaurant of this stature should be able to prepare an equally good piece of fish. The attentive waitress did notice I wasn't eating the fish so she asked if there was any problem. I thought I shouldn't say anything to keep the dinner harmonious, but I couldn't lie so I told her. She immediately offered to change it and didn't give me the chance to say no, which was very noble of them to do so. I did get a nice salmon to replace it. It was a nice dinner to welcome a long time friend, the place was cozy, a bit too dark; very 80's in atmosphere except for the nice open flaming kitchen. We will definitely visit again!

3  Thank Junegs
Anna Liza V, Manager at Cru Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Junegs,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your overall dining esperience at the CRU Steakhouse. I am pleased to hear that most of your orders were prepared to your satisfaction except for the fish dish that was initially served dry. I have shared your comment with the Executive Chef who in turn will handle this with his team. I am happy to hear though that our brilliant host was able to spot this and was able to offer a replacement that you could enjoy.

We are looking forward to another visit from you and your friends!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Was staying at the marriott so just popped in here for a dinner. Nice decor and ambience, with 1 of those open modern kitchens for all to see the action

A large freshly baked loaf of bread came and it was hot and very good

Started with a Caesar salad which was made fresh by table side. Even the dressing was made on the spot with 10 different ingredients in front of me. Impressive. The server then gave me a taste to check how the dressing fared. Doubly impressive. The dressing was a bit off but I couldn't put my finger to why. But the theatrics was enough to distract me

Ordered their angus tenderloin with 2 sides. The truffle Mac and cheese and portobello were very good. My tenderloin was good, a tad undercooked

Was hoping to try their desserts but was too stuffed

Service was very good overall

On my way out, I saw they personalized about 100 gold reservation plates for their regular guests. Wow

Also very good value and not too overpriced

1  Thank bcheong

Dear Mr. bcheong,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on your overall experience at the CRU Steakhouse. I am happy to hear that you found the entire dining experience impressive. I have taken note of your comment though on the dressing of the Caesar salad and have shared this with the Director of Food and Beverage and the Executive Chef. They will definitely take a look at this and handle it accordingly.

Looking forward to your next visit so you could try our equally delicious dessert offerings!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family celebrated my dad's 81st birthday here last night. We were the first customers for the night (they open at 530 PM). The receptionist greeted us in a very jolly and courteous manner. She led us deep into the restaurant; right beside (to the right) of the open kitchen. One could see the chef and sous chef doing their magic up close.

I loved the dimly lit, romantic ambiance of the place. The velvet covered chairs were very comfortable and the wine display would really prompt you to partake of at least one glass.

I ordered the 250 grams USDA Prime rib (cooked medium-well) that came with 2 sides (Truffle Mushroom Risotto + Spicy Potato Wedges). One serving was priced at Php 2K++.

You will forget about the price however once you dig into the oh so juicy steak! My oh my -- the quality of this steak is superb! Mamou or Aubergine is not even close to comparable with Cru's steak as the meat was flavourful, juicy, and extremely tender. I kid you not, the marbled meat would literally melt in your mouth!

The sides were also extremely good. Best truffled risotto I have every tried!

I also tried their Banana Foster (which was cooked right in front of our table) -- really good as well.

They also gave a complimentary cake for the birthday boy. It was really sweet of them.

The service crew who waited on us were very professional. They seem to love their jobs very much as they were very attentive to us and always approached us with a smile. They deserved every peso of the tip we left them.

I will definitely return to here the next time I crave for a hefty, juicy serving of steak! A must for anniversaries and other celebrations! =)

2  Thank mrscalara
Anna Liza V, Manager at Cru Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Mrscalara,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback on the dinner that you and your family had at CRU Steakhouse. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ambience, the food and the service that was accorded to you and your family by our brilliant hosts. We certainly pride ourselves with the offerings we have there that it has actually won a lot of awards because of these. I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I made a reservation for the both of us at 9:30 in the evening on a weekday. The place was absolutely nice. The tables were arranged in a way in you can do your private talks. I really love the ambience. The waitress approached us immediately and recommended us to try their Dinner set menu plus a bottle of red wine to go with it. From the appetizers to the main course, it is superbly tasty. It is really two thumbs up for the quality of the food! But what spoiled our experience was seeing all the staff packing up to close the restaurant and we were the only customers left. We weren't even finished with our steaks when they started moving so fast, cleaning and wiping stuff. It was like telling us to hurry up and finish our food. That really spoiled the night. I suggest that you go for an early dinner if you intend to try their dinner menu and wine as they close at an early time.

1  Thank Bebu9393
Anna Liza V, Manager at Cru Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Ms. Bebu9393,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback about your most recent visit to CRU Steakhouse. I am happy to hear that you were very happy with the overall ambience and the initial service that you have seen and received upon your arrilval. However, was quite disappointed that we fell short of your expectations towards the latter part of your dinner. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your husband. I have shared this with the F&B leaders, inlcuding our CRU Steakhouse manager who will ensure that this does not happen again.

Yours trly,