Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
$78
$81
$60
  • Breakfast included
Victoria Court Gil Puyat(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$37
The Mabuhay Manor(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$38
$35
Starlight Bed and Breakfast(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$31
$192
$171
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsbutler serviceresorts worldlo and beholdbath saltspool area isambassador suiterestaurants and shopsfloor lobbychecking outbreakfast buffet isnear airportcasinocabanaamenitiescafeluxurymanila
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were invited by my brother for a free stay in this hotel. He got this as freebie while playing in Resorts World casino. Unlike other hotels, it is interesting to note that the registration of this hotel is in the 5th level. There were several couches in front of the reception lobby for the comfort of the guests during check-in and check-out.

I just noticed that the butlers (men receptionists) were very tall people. I think they're all almost or at least 6 feet tall. They're very polite and helpful to guests.

We're billeted in the 7th floor suites. I felt that the elevators were somewhat slow. There were two elevators for the tower. But, the hotel complemented it with escalators. I liked that the hallways were well-lit, flooring adequately cushioned and walls looked new.

Since we're getting this stay as freebie, I don't think we had a choice for a non-smoking room. I was hoping that the smell of smoke would be a little subdued since the hotel is somewhat new compared with other hotels in the metro. But, I was disappointed. The scent of smoke or must was evident when we entered our room.

Our room was large probably between 45-72 sq meters. It was majestic with play of royal colors like red, gold, dark brown and beige. I liked that they used mystic or serene portraits to enhance the beauty and relaxed-impression of the room. The room also have couches and small table for a more comfortable dining.

I liked that the room has a 42" LCD TV which was convertible into a PC monitor. I was able to open my mails, watch You tube and post shout-out to my friends using their TV. WiFi speed was acceptable though we wished it could have been faster. I had some challenges using their touch screen phone as there were no instructions but I find it cool! You'll get the hang of it eventually. It had universal outlets. No need to think about bringing an adapter.

Whenever I checked in a hotel, what's most important for me is the bed. I always lazily sleeps most of the time when I'm in the hotel so the bed is very critical for me to have a pleasant stay. Maxims' beds were large and can fit adequately 2 persons. I was disappointed though that it was lumpy or bumpy. When my hubby or kid, moved while sleeping, I woke up because of the shakiness of the bed. I didn't encounter this experience in Sofitel or Solaire. This is the only time that I checked-in that I hadn't had a good night sleep.

I liked that the room has a bathroom with a bath tub and their trash bin is automatic or electronically operated. Cool! They have a complete set of bath amenities expected from a 5-star hotel.

My kid liked their swimming pool which is situated in the 5th level as well. It was very child-friendly - shallow, perfectly and soothingly warm, enclosed in a see-through glass and clean. I liked the fact that I could watch over my kid from my room.

Room Tip: Choose non-smoking rooms. Choose rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ByGodsGrace
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Last time I visit there is still a construction in the lobby. Hope they already fix it.

The rooms are great, ooh the Jacuzzi just outside your room is awesome. But be careful you might hit the wrong button and splash the water all over the room and also your neighboring room.

The food is great delicious pizza and pasta are really my thing.

Bathroom interior is great.

Internet TV is available. Room is clean and complete with fridge.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Taramochi23
ResortsWorldMNL, Marketing at Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Hi Valued Guest, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to know that you had a very nice stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I wish I could stay at the hotel longer than the one night that I stayed there. We chose to stay here on our last night in the Philippines to be closer to the airport as we had a early morning flight. The hotel is only about 3-5 mins from the airport under normal early morning traffic conditions.
Since it's a newer hotel, everything is clean, nice, beautiful, elegant, and well-appointed. Beds, chairs, sofas, were all comfortable. Everything is elegant. Air conditioning worked well.
Spacious bathroom with bathtub and dual sinks. Separate toilet area. Separate shower area with two shower heads. No issues whatsoever with our hotel stay.
There's a casino, restaurants, and shops. Lots of programs on the smart TV. I could stay indoors all day and not be out in the hot climate.
There is a pool on the 5th floor I believe but I didn't get a chance to try it out.
A bit pricey...I still wouldn't say it's comparable to hotels on the Vegas strip but for Philippine standards, this is top-notch.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Btravelfood

Once again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed for at corner suite for 4 nights, first night air con spoilt, sent 10 men to my room to fix it but failed, so changed room, next week nights were bitten by mosquitoes even though they said they did fumigation, could sleep for 4 nights because of the hot air and mosquitoes, sigh

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank ChristianRio

Hi Valued Guest, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor. We'll take note of your comments and rest assured we will forward these to our hotel management team. We sincerely hope that we will be able to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

as a concerned guest which I really admire the hospitality industry. it was really sad to say that they did not met my expectations. Its an international hotel but the staff are not well trained in giving service!!! they don't now to treat the guest they don't even SMILE!!! HELLO ITS PART OF YOUR UNIFORM!!! WORST!!! even though your hotel is beautiful but the people are rude it's non sense!!! kindly invest on training on how to treat guest properly!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business