“Didn't want to Leave” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Baltimore, Maryland
“Didn't want to Leave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I spent one night at this hotel. It's an ideal hotel when you're simply using Manilla as a means to travel in other parts of the Philippines. The Marriott offers a free shuttle to and from the airport which is great. My room was perfect and the hotel in general is an extremely pleasant place to spend a night. It's attached to a mall which is nice if you want to avoid spending too much on hotel food. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and will use it again if I find myself in Manilla.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Mr. 7thnovember,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you didn't feel like leaving the hotel after experiencing the room and the services that were provided by our brilliant hosts! We do strive to deliver the best kind of product and services that Marriott is really known for and am certainly pleased to hear that you found your overall stay satisfying.

Looking forward to another fun visit from you in the very near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great location! Nice lobby! Good rooms! Clean comfort rooms! Great tasting food! Friendly staff! A very classy hotel! Every detail has a touch of class in it. Could have stayed longer, will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr. Almlkns,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comment on TripAdvisor. I am truly pleased to hear that you found the products and the quality of service that we provide to our guests classy. I will share your comments with the rest of the team as they will be very pleased to hear about these as well.

Looking forward to having you back to the hotel soon!

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of my loyalty to Marriott. Overall, I'm glad that I did. It is a really nice hotel with a great health club, pool, etc. The food at the hotel is very expensive. You can get a good meal at the restaurants in the attached mall at a much better price. The rooms were lovely and the service was very good. My meetings were in the city and a cab ride there was quick, easy and cheap. I'll go back when I have business in Manila.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Dear Mr. DR42600,

Thank you for taking the time to upload your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found the room, pool and health club facilities really nice. In addition, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brand. We truly appreciate it. Rest assured that we will continue to ensure that we will deliver the products and services that you truly deserve.

Looking forward to another fruitful visit from you sometime soon!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

There is so much that I could say about the wonderful stay that I had at this hotel. This was my home away from home for 3 weeks and the entire atmosphere of the hotel and the staff made me feel comfortable and welcomed. The hotel is connected to Resorts World so you have easy access to high end shopping, the casino, many tasty restaurants, a spa, and a movie theater that stays open really late on the weekends. The room accommodations are nice and there was plenty of closet space for all my clothes. The housekeeping staff was always on top of everything and anything that I needed was done right away. Weng was one of the housekeepers who serviced my room and she was always so pleasant and willing to take care of everything for me. I went to breakfast in the cafe every morning and the staff there (especially Richard and April) always took such good care of us and cared enough to learn our names and ask about our day. Joy in Guest Relations would regularly stop by the room to make sure I was enjoying my stay. We used the car service daily to get back and forth to work and all of the drivers we came in contact with were so nice and pleasant. My favorite driver Ferdie, even followed us around the mall to make sure that we were safe and protected since we were tourists. That is definitely not in his job description, but he went above and beyond for us. Overall, my experience here was AMAZING and if I ever get the opportunity to come back, I'm definitely staying at the Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
3 Thank TCWoolridge
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Ms. TCWoolridge,

Thank you for the very nice comment that you have uploaded on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that your overall hotel stay and experience were amazing and truly 5-star. I will share your comments with the rest of the team especially, Richard, April, Joy and Ferdie who you have mentioned on your comment. We are truly proud of what our brilliant hosts do everyday to our guests!

Looking forward to having you again soon in the hotel!

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family and I love to stay at the Manila Marriott. I have stayed here several times this year, most recently on July 4th. Although the rooms are a little high priced for Manila, they are comparable to other 5 star hotels and include all the amenities. The executive lounge is one of the best. The in-room bathtub and shower facilities are exceptional. The swimming pool and included steam room and hot pool are a perfect place to relax. Public transportation (Taxi/Jeep) is readily available but the real beauty is the valet parking. They also have a shuttle service running hourly to the airport. The service is outstanding at all levels and locations in this hotel. The breakfast buffet is very good, but the dinner buffet on the weekends is even better. Connected to the hotel is the Newport Resorts World. Shopping, restaurants, cinema, theater and the casino are readily available. Live entertainment can be found in the lobby lounge most evenings. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. CAITRVLR,

Thank you so much for taking the time to upload a comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you found the amenities, rooms, restaurant offerings, complimentary shutte we provide to the airport highly commendable. We are also pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of gaining access to the mall that is connected to the hotel and the overall service that all our brilliant hosts showcase in their interaction with you. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the members of the team as I am sure they will be very happy to hear these as well.

Looking forward to another memorable visit from you soon!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here with my husband last July 10-25. I spent my time working out at the health club and swimming in the pool while my husband was working. The place is really decent.
I did enjoy the food too. They had the All Good All American event. The chef is great and the staff too.
However, they need to tighten their security with regards to women approaching (alone) foreigners in the great room. My hubby had a first hand experience while waiting for me.
Lastly, the aircon in room 506 is really not working well the second time we arrived from Boracay. A staff went to our room to fix it but still kinda hot. Anyway, our 2 week stay in room 501 was fine. Air conditioner works well. :)

Stayed July 2014
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our property and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit overall. I am naturally concerned about the perception of our security procedure that you noted as we take this very seriously. We have no tolerance for any lapses in any of these standards where the safety, security or comfort of our guests is concerned. Rest assured we will review this particular incident closely with our team moving forward.

If you would like any further follow up I can be reached at bruce.winton@marriott.com.

Thank you again and best regards.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

The room, facilities and service was great. There were some issues, but they were resolved (the handling of problems really will tell you the quality of service.) I was there in 2012, and since then Marriott changed them from a Cat 5 to Cat 7 (so I could not use my Cat 5 cert), but I can't fault the hotel for that, since they are that good.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was great, much better than in the executive lounge.

The only complaint, minor, is that they could label the light switches better. I stayed there last week, and will be returning this week.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Williamsil,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload yur comment on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found the products and services that we provide to your satisfacton. While I was concerned about the small issue that you mentioned, I am happy to hear that it was resolved already.

Looking forward to another visit from you in the very near future!

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Remington Hotel
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!