“Home away from home”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I purchased a Marriott Hotel Membership last year and received several deals and entitlements as part of the package. I took my family to Marriott for an overnight weekend family "staycation."

We had a great time at the hotel. It was our home away from home. Everything we needed and wanted to do was already in the hotel. I hit the gym to log some minutes in the treadmill, we all went swimming and of course we checked out Resorts World, which is conveniently adjacent to the hotel. My wife and I also had the chance to sample their spa on another occasion and the massage treatment was heavenly.

Marriott isn't commonly known for its buffet but the food in M Cafe, I daresay, is up there in the list of good ones that offer variety (from Chinese cuisine to fresh catch seafood). For steak lovers, do try out Cru Steakhouse. Their cuts won't disappoint.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Mr. Rosario,

I am very pleased to hear that your staycation with the family in the hotel was very satisfactory. I will definitely share your comments with the rest of the team. Looking forward to welcoming you and the rest of the family back to the hotel soon!

Yours truly,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is one of the best Marriott Hotels I've stayed at. The rooms are spacious, but cozy. The food is also excellent. It is also very convenient to the airport and has a free shuttle. I just wish that the shuttle runs every 30 minutes instead if every hour.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bitzie
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear about your overall stay at Marriott Manila. We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your very positive feedback about our room product, food quality and the facilities we offer in the hotel including the complimentary shuttle that we provide in an hourly basis. I have taken note though of the comment on making it available every 30 minutes. We shall review our set up as necessary. In the meantime, please note that we have alternative options for transportation in the hotel. Our Concierge deaprtment will be very happy to assist you on this.

Thank you once again and ooking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

It's a great experience being in a luxurious Hotel in the Philippines...an amazing trip and a great opportunity for me and my husband...The rooms are cozy and food is great...I pray that will be back someday and want to explore more of their amenities...I love Marriott Hotel Manila.

Room Tip: corner suites on higher floors...for great viewing on the city
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CdoLzl

Dear Valued Guest.

We are delighted to hear about your exceptional stay in our hotel and for taking the time to upload a comment on TripAdvisor. We surely wish that you and your husbad be able to schedule another trip soon to the Philippines in order for you to enjoy our rooms and facilities once again. Looking forward in welcoming you both back.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was lucky enough to have the need to stay in Manilla and ended up staying at the Marriott at the airport. This was one of my absolute best hotel stay experiences. The staff were great. The hotel was ideal. The concierge was super helpful. The staff in the concierge and at checkin were absolutely brilliant. The amenities were just spectacular. I will be back. (Even though it is a 20 hour flight each way)

Room Tip: I stayed both on my way in and out of Manilla and all rooms on the concierge level were great. Howe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gavinomahony
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Mr. Mahony,

Thank you for taking the time to upload a comment on TripAdvisor. We are truly proud of the service that all our brilliant hosts provide in the hotel. I will certainly share your very nice words with the rest of the team. And, looking forward to your next visit!

Anna Liza Vergara

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here once again this time for 2 nights.
This a a nice hotel, it may not have the shear opulence of the Shangri La but hey it is still a top ranker in my books.
The staff are excellent, polite and very well mannered ( Concierge - Jun just fantastic) I cannot fault them in any way.
Rooms very good quality.
Buffet breafast, the quality is fine but the range of selctions cannot compare to the Shang.
The location is reasonable, it is very close to all airport terminals (free shuttle bus) and Makati or Global City for restuarants and shopping are only a short taxi ride away.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Daboy64
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to upload a comment on Tripadvisor. We are truly proud of the products and services that we provide in the hotel as well as the level of service that our brilliant hosts, specifically Jun of Concierge provide to valued guests such as you. I will definitely share your comments with him.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Anna Vergara
anna.vergara@marriott.com

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel is a great place to stay when you are travelling for business or even for pleasure, as the Resort World Casino & Mall are just next door. The service is great and the staff is very friendly and accomodating. The food is predominantly Asian, but there is good Western choice available too.

Room Tip: Chose a room overlooking the Golf Course and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RSRathore
Anna Liza V, Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comment on your most recent stay with us. We are truly proud of the quality of service that our brilliant hosts in the hotel provide to valued guests such as you. We will surely share your comments with the team.

Anna Vergara

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Marriott Manila for a business trip for a total length of five weeks. While I was there the entire staff was amazing; however there were three employees that made a lasting impression - Ronnie (poolside bartender), Raymond and Cherry (poolside staff). Each of these employees always remembered my name every time I went to the pool... which was literally every morning (I worked the graveyard shift during my stay). Ronnie made the best mojitos and his ability to build rapport and have great conversations was amazing. He was always polite, greeted me by my full name, always had my favorite drink ready, and gave me great tips on what to do during my stay in Manila. Raymond and Cherry always had my favorite spot ready by the pool with towels ready. They were both very sweet and courteous towards me. By the end of my trip, I felt like I had made 3 brand new friends. On my last day at the pool, even though the weather wasn't great, I went to have my drink. Unfortunately Raymond wasn't there, but I was able to take a photo with Ronnie and Cherry. If anyone needs great company and great drinks during their stay, please go see these three musketeers at the pool.. And ofcourse order the "balute mojito" (don't worry, there's no actual balute in the drink) lol.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Carolyn G
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our 3 Brilliant Hosts at the poolside. We will recognize them further when we celebrate our high performers at the end of the month. I know comments like this really inspire our team to do more.

Thank you again and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Kind regards,
Bruce Winton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
New World Makati Hotel
2 mi away
The Heritage Hotel Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!