“Suite Staycation!”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Paranaque, Philippines
“Suite Staycation!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my brief "staycation" in the city. The staff at Marriott Manila are very courteous and sincerely pleasant!

Cocktails at the Executive Lounge was a pleasurable experience. I just hope that some guests would follow the dress code.

I will definitely be back for more "me time" and perhaps try out the Quan Spa!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank FdeLeon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed in the hotel several times for business. The main reason to chose Marriott was location. Marriott Manilais a very good hotel located just across Terminal 3 of NAIA airport. There is a free shuttle bus from all terminals to the hotel.
The hotel itself is superb! Spacious rooms, very clean, great service, great food. The only complaint is that food is very expensive! I would say it is even more expensive than in European Marriotts!
The hotel is connected to a luxurious shopping mall Resort World with casino, cinema and theaters. So you have something to do in the evening!
Great place for stop over if you fly via Manila.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nicu
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I've only rated a very few places on trip advisor. They have to be really terrible or really wonderful to take my time. This Marriott hotel was first rate. In the middle of the night, I awoke with a terrible earache. They took me to their free medical clinic who suggested I go to a local hospital. Since it was the middle of the night I felt very uncomfortable going by myself, so they had Carl from the hotel accompany me. He stayed with me the whole time, taking away any angst I had. When I returned from the hospital the hotel manager was there to make sure I was okay. That, accompanied with their amazingly comfortable rooms, breakfast buffet to blow you away, fresh cold coconuts to drink, and the free airport shuttle made this an experience I will never forget.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cmdlow
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The outstanding staff made our stay at the Marriott. Thank you Marjorie, for handling our pool, gym and jacuzzi needs, Jun in concierge for your helpful tips with a smile, housekeeping on the 6th floor for the timely response and attention to detail. Stay at the Marriott and enjoy top shopping experience, friendly casino, fabulous foods and entertainment for the family. Its ideal location takes you 20 minutes to go to MOA, Market Market, SM Aura and airport. Shuttles leave every hour on the hour for the airport daily, convenient for travelers. Casino members avail of shuttle service everywhere in the metro Manila area. Ask for their schedules and various destinations. Bravo!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Maria E
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed there for 3 nights in February. We were on the executive level and must say it was the best executive club we have ever visited. The staff is amazing and so helpful. The "snacks" were actually enough for an evening meal.
The location is so convenient to the airport and the free shuttle ( although it only is hourly) is a great service.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marybelle22
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

A second visit in four months confirmed the excellent quality of this hotel.

Very convenient to Manila International Airport and on a one night stopover I once again could not fault the service, quality, decor and facilities of both public areas and rooms. The spa is also very good and the Executive Club well worth while, with complimentary snacks and cocktails. The range and quality of food in the restaurant is very good and the breakfast buffet extensive and with a wide range of foods.

The staff are particularly friendly and efficient and the whole hotel has an air of quality and efficiency.

My only criticism is that for transit guests the transport to the airport only runs every hour - every half hour would be a much better service, even if a small fee were charged.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sydneysider48
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife & I travel to the Philippines at least once a year. We use to try to find the least expensive place to stay but what you read online & what you get can be completely different. That is why we now stay at the Marriott. After a long flight, the last thing you want is a surprise waiting for you unless you like that sort of thing. We don't, so we opted for what we know from an international brand.

The rooms are very comfortable, with king size beds, AC that works well, Wi-fi, superior service on a level with the better hotels in the US & Europe & if you book in advance a complementary breakfast that would cost approx. $35 US if you went ala carte. The location within 1 mile of the airport is great for limiting transit time after a long flight. The hotel is part of a resort style complex with many restaurants & casinos if you like to try your luck. Getting a taxi is easy & the hotel records the taxi number you take. We have never had any trouble in our room with outside noise or with other guests being noisy.

There are many choices in Manila but I think that a sure thing after a long flight is worth the price for us. Your circumstances will differ & as well as your view on travel accommodations, but sometimes certainty is worth the price which for us is about $225 US per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower room away on the back side since there is ongoing construction near the front of the...