“Impressed by this property”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed here for about 10 hours during an unexpected layover due to a misconnect from an earlier delayed flight. I have to admit that this is one of the more impressive Marriotts that I have stayed at worldwide.

While the hotel is directly across the street from the airport. With traffic patterns and given the large size of MNL, it took about 20 minutes for the shuttle to go from the hotel to Terminal 1. The shuttle runs every hour at the hour from the hotel. The "Resorts World" bus also picks up at the airport across the street when you exit the terminal. I was fortunate that I arrived at 9:45pm, so I waited very briefly on the bus to get to the hotel after an exhausting couple of days of flight delays.

Upon entering the Resorts World area, there is significant security to get into the hotel, where you had to clear security several times to get to your room with airport style scanning of bags and people coming in from the other locations within Resorts World. As I was in the Executive Room, the room was spacious and modern. The bed was very comfortable (although I hadn't slept for 2 days, so any bed would've been comfortable). The bathtub and shower were together in this separate room, which was viewable from the bedroom, which was a strange but interesting setup. I was on the floor of the Executive Lounge, so it was quite nice to walk down the hall and be able to get a drink and some snacks. The staff at the Lounge was tremendously helpful, in that I wanted to switch to a later connecting flight, given that I hadn't really slept in two days. They helped me to call the airline (given that I didn't have a functioning phone) and helped me with a couple of other personal errands.

I did not get a chance to explore the facilities of the hotel or the adjacent casino and mall, but it looked like there were a lot of options within walking distance from the hotel. The staff was very helpful throughout my stay from check-in to check-out. I just wish that I had the time to have breakfast and walk around a bit in the Resorts World area, but I also just wanted to get to my final destination after having the first decent night of sleep in a couple of days.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Manila Marriott Hotel

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Only a five minute and five dollar cab ride from the airport we received a friendly and efficient checkin. Our room on the sixth floor overlooks a golf course with the airport in the background but no noise whatsoever. The furnishings are nice with lots of closet and drawer space. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom is a good size with a great stand alone shower. The complimentary internet is fast. We'd stay here again if transitting.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterAZ
Reviewed March 13, 2014

From the rooms to the outdoor pool to the great service it's a wonderfulnplace to stay
It's also connected to a very nice casinio
Close to the airport and has a free shuttle
Also close to the huge mall called the mall of Asia

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank reed k
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Traffic in Manila can drive you crazy. So this hotel located opposite the hotel is very convenient. Stay on the executive floor for great service and free flow at the lounge from 5 pm to 9 pm. Hotel is attached to the Resorts World Casino and Mall with great food options and bars like Republique.

This is a nice property with very courteous and well trained staff who looked after my comfort throughout my stay.

Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Manila!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank amitkabra
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Relaxing ,exceptional service and great food. Every aspect of the service was five stars. One night a wedding in the ball room had very loud music. I called the front desk and they immediately had the music turned down. All the bar tenders, waiters, waitresses were outstanding, concierge was top notch, Buisness center service was great.... Couldn't have asked for better service. Will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank tareyton98
bwinton, General Manager at Manila Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Valued Contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel and staff in particular a "fantastic" rating. We are all happy to receive positive and constructive feedback but it is very rewarding for the team to be complimented on their efforts. Many thanks and we look forward to hosting you again at a future date.

Bruce Winton

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Me and the family stayed here for three nights and utterly enjoyed our stay. We have stayed at the Marriott in few countries in both Europe and Dubai as well as here in Sydney in the past and I can assure you that this hotel rates in my top 3 if not the top one.

Once again staff are very friendly and they make sure you enjoy every minute of your stay and the rooms are spacious and comfortable and a funky feature with the blinds for the window wall separating the bathroom and the rest of the room is new to me but very cool indeed. Bathroom is exquisite and top notch. Pool area, gym and spa are top of the range.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Carl T
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel tops all my experiences at any Marriott anywhere, not to mention any other hotel. From the minute I walked into the hotel lobby till the minute I left I felt surrounded by gracious and luxurious service. My room was large and exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom and shower area were larger than many hotel bedrooms. Every amenity was provided including bathrobes, slippers, etc. The technology in the room was the latest, with remote controls for many functions including lights and the shower blinds. The room had an in-room safe, coffeemaker and a lovely welcome gift of some exotic teas in a gift box. Sad to say my luggage was already so overweight there was no way to squeeze the box in. I reluctantly left it behind. Maybe in the future this could be in a collapsible box? There is a large lobby lounge area where I was served immediately. In a lot of lobby lounges it takes a while for the server to notice you. Not so here. I had dinner in the hotel restaurant which featured an international buffet that evening as well as menu options. There was Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, seafood and American choices at large serving stations.
The main reason I had selected this hotel was its proximity to the airport. It is almost across the street from Terminal 3 of the Manila International Airport, so considering the usual traffic in Manila I felt this was a safer bet in order to make my early morning flight. Also the hotel provides free shuttle service to all the terminals, including Terminal 1 which was my destination. The shuttle runs 24/7 every hour.
I don't often give a 5 star review, but honestly if I could do 6 stars I would! The Manila Marriott is real gem in the Marriott group.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Augcruiser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
The Henry Hotel Manila
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!