“First stay at Manila Marriott”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
“First stay at Manila Marriott”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to Manila. I stayed at this hotel for the first time on 29-30 May. The security procedure was tight and the check-in/check-out was smooth. Room was comfortable and clean. Must try the buffet lunch at the hotel restaurant. It has a wide spread of tasty dishes. Certainly good value for money. The hotel provides airport shuttle service every hour and the journey to NAIA T1 takes about 20 minutes. Special thanks to Mia from front desk for making my departure arrangement. I was informed by the bell-boy when the shuttle was ready for boarding and my luggage was also taken care of. Will stay here again due to the convenience of airport transportation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Edmund W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
clinton md.u.s.a.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked 3 night from hotel.com...we enjoyed our stay here..so is my visiting relatives that I booked a second room to accommodate my visiting relatives...the hotel has direct access to the casino,high end mall,restaurant court inside the resort...our room are spacious and clean accommodation,hotel security is tight,24 hr restaurant at the casino...we enjoyed night out at club 360 with live entertainment at the casino floor....definitely I will recommend manila resort Marriott and plan on staying there for my next trip..

Room Tip: room facing the golf course
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank perry986
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had an overnight stay here between flights, the location is ideal as it is directly opposite Terminal 3 and the hotel offers a free shuttle bus. The room was excellent, very spacious and modern with a lovely view over the golf course. We didn't sample any of the dining outlets as the hotel is connected to a mall next door where we ate instead. It's very rare that I stay in a hotel and have no complaints, but this is one of those occasions. If it was a bit cheaper, I'd stay here more often I think.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank SlimVW
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel for a few times in the past but only for a night or two. This time we decided to stay in the hotel for a week. Rooms are of good size, clean with nice glass bathroom and toiletries. Our room had a good view facing the golf area. Room service was good and on time. Being a gold member we had access to the executive lounge and had buffet breakfast at the Marriott Cafe daily. There was great selections in the buffet but after a few days it became less interesting for me most probably because it's the same kind of food that I see with only 1 or 2 variety of food that differs from the previous days. Staying in this hotel is not cheap so I was expecting better quality and quantity of food in the executive lounge but the selections were very limited. The place is near the airport and relatively there's nothing much around to see in the area so we decided to watch The King and I in the theater. Adjacent to the hotel is the Resorts World with casino and shops, restaurants, theater & cinemas. This hotel is okay if you just want to relax and unwind or if you want to be near the airport for you flight, but if you have other activities in mind it is better in Makati area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hanabanna23
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Since May 21,2011 this is the hotel that i will never forget cos my special Day we held in Marriott Hotel "My Engagement Party" The Hotel is so nice and the people nice , specially the hotel near in International Airport and they had a Free Shuttle Bus yellow color...Every time we visit Philippines with my Husband we Always stay in the Marriott Hotel ,Manila ..for me it's so excellent !!!

Room Tip: You can choose in the high room .."Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank greenjan49
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Some reviewers discussed this hotel as if it was a resort. It is not, it is an airport hotel. Now, it is a very nice airport hotel, but an airport hotel nonetheless. The service for platinum members was slightly below average, as I did not receive a executive floor or room upgrade on either of my two stays. The rooms are also pretty small, which would be fine if this was Hong Kong with an awesome view, but it is not.

Now, the one thing I expect from an airport hotel is a good airport shuttle. This hotel falls way short. The shuttle (actually a bus) leaves the terminals and the hotel every hour on the hour. So when you arrive 5 minutes passed the hour, as I did, it means that you can either wait 55 minutes or take a taxi.

The first night at the hotel I requested a car from the hotel picked me up. It is of course very expensive, about $50 for a 3 mile ride. This kind of service is usually expensive. However, I do think that good service should be expected. I would have expected someone waiting in the arrivals lounge holding a sign with my name. But instead, I was instructed to go out of the terminal to the hotel's waiting lounge. The waiting lounge is horrible, and quite frankly unacceptable given the price paid for the car. Then I was told that the car was not even ready and I would need to wait 10 minutes, they were probably driving it over from the hotel.

In short, this is probably your best bet if you need to stay by the airport. And while the hotel is nice, do not count on the shuttle and do not expect anything more than a nice airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank sypder
Cincinnati
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Where to begin?
The hotel is located, as others have noted, in the middle of nowhere. It is next to the airport. Like 100 yards from the airport. No noise problems.
But there is not much but construction all around. This is something like former air force territory and there is simply nothing here but cranes, cement trucks, and workers. Any place worth being is a minimum of a 30 minute ride away. In Manila rush hour traffic, you are looking at 1-2 hours to go to Makati or any other business center.
There is only a modest internet service. Wireless is not reliable. The hardwire cannot support Skype, let alone GoToMeeting. Get a prepaid card at the airport and forget internet conferences.
The Marriott money machine is in full view. Get half way through a drink at the bar and there is relentless questioning about ready for another. I finally challenged one of the absolutely wonderfully pleasant Philippino employees (what saves this hotel) and was advised this is their protocol per management. It becomes even clearer in the "Executive Lounge". Which is really thin on everything except alcohol for the 3.5 hrs. a day they provide such. The food is minimalist; lots of apples and oranges, but a short and limited selection of anything else. Bring a guest? You are kidding. Another $30, for a cup of coffee.
The beds are "firm", meaning hard, and I have had some trouble with this (fitful sleep). The bathrooms are terrific, with a walk in shower/bath area.
The staff are, as you would expect in the Philippines, warm and friendly.
The only reason to stay here is if you have an early flight. Manila has many truly great hotels that provide everything Marriott doesn't, at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Face the golf course. Otherwise you are looking at construction, noise, dust.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank JSSinCincinnati
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Remington Hotel
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!