“Excellent Service”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Long island NY
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Prior to flying to Manila, I booked a two night stay to surprise my dad on his 80th Birthday. He never knew I was coming. When I checked in I was very pleasantly surprised to see how very personal their service were. Whenever they answered my phone call they addressed me by name. Even the television flashed my name wishing me a pleasant stay!

For those that have remarked on the strictness on Marriott security
Marriott Security Is strict for a reason. It was the Marriott in Islamabad Pakistan that was blown up by a Suicide bomber-driven truck filled with explosives at the entrance of the hotel in Sept 2008. Another car-bomb exploded at the JW Marriott in Jakarta Indonesia in 2009 Can you blame the hotel chain for being extra careful?

Room is clean and beautiful. I managed to get a high floor facing the golf course. Peaceful and above the din of construction. My daughter and I managed to sleep off the 18 hour flight and jet lag. The bathroom is excellent and tasteful. Showering is like taking a bath in the rain. Being that it was the beginning of the 40 degree summer weather in Manila...I showered often in this spacious bathroom.

Room Service. so we woke up at 12 Midnight (Manila time) with nothing to left to eat. We ordered room service which was perfect to both our hunger and taste buds. It was the first time my 11 year old had a good ole banana split! I must recommend the Pancit Canton to all. I've eaten Pancit Canton so many times and this is the only one that made me sit up and take notice. There is Pancit Canton and THERE IS PANCIT CANTON!

The smoking area is a very tastefully decorated veranda that becomes lit with torches at night with the music from the lobby wafting in while drinking a nice cold san miguel beer to release the day's tension and reflect the days events.

The Breakfast buffet was really good. The food was either a choice of Continental and Asian (Japanese, chinese and filipino selections). Bountiful amount of fruit, pastries and juices. Again I must admit the service is impeccable...my server, Loren knew me by my first name. She went out of her way to make me and my daughter feel welcome.

I must say that the heat in manila is too much even for the hotel. My room can barely make it as cool because of the heat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank eugene712

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I just got back from a trip from Manila and I stayed 2 nights at this fabulous hotel. The rooms are big, clean and very comfortable. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have so far eaten so far. There is wide spread of food to choose from eg Chinese Dim Sum, Western and even Sushi. The security at this hotel is also very comforting and make you feel very safe and sercure. The staff here from the bell hops, receptionist, lounge staff were all fantastic. They were all very polite and friendly. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manila.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Marikina, Philippines
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been in Marriott Manila and Marriott Cebu. But I would emphasize more my latest check-in at Marriott Manila. I did expect for a definitive stay and at least I received their warmest services and friendly personnel.

I felt the effort that Marriott would like to offer to their guests. It was warm reading the very personalised welcome message in the television screen. The room was clean and cold. The bed was comfy. The pillows were many and soft. There was a big yellow couch made of leather which can make a person lull into a deep sleep. My favorites were the HD cable channels - Superb! and the complimentary and fast wifi inside the room - best connection so far! Another good facility was the restroom. It was fun pinning the buttons for the electronic windows that cover the see through glass panels. Did I say that the lights were all push buttons? -LIKE!

On the other hand, I do not like that their toiletries and room amenities such as towels, bathrobes, iron, slippers, lotions, etc, were incomplete. I may have the idea that they were just conserving wastage of these materials but I think that it should be a good feature if the completeness and convenience factor for their hotel guests can be given. I'm not so sure if this is true to all rooms or it was a just downside for the housekeeping department since extra towels, slippers and toothbrush/paste were delivered after 40 mins upon check-in. Also, it was a different scenario in contrast to Marriott Cebu where our room was not that spectacular but cleanliness and completeness was good. In terms of security, both hotels were equipped by CCTV cameras in the corners yet I did not see enough full-duty guards deployed within the area. However, I do remember our stay in Marriott Cebu where the manager himself assured us of the guaranteed protection they maintain if any valuable would be lost during our stay.

To add, we had dinner buffet at M Cafe. Food was okay and selections were not aplenty. The best for me was their brownies and blueberry cheesecake. These two were the memorable ones because their texture and deliciousness (fudgyness and chocolatyness of the brownies and tanginess of the cheesecake) are like the desserts I bake as my own recipe.

M stands for MEMORABLE. Apart from these commentaries, I appreciate more my stay because of the person who presented this as a gift. I do look forward to visiting again the Marriott Group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My first time in Manila Marriott but would not be my last. The check-in was outstanding! take out breakfast and wake up call was offered by the receptionist juvi as i am leaving early the next day. She was extremely helpful in finding my Visa which is nowhere to be found. The room are very clean and spacious. Special thanks to the best housekeeper regi for providing me all i needed without being asked! The shower is one of the best I've experienced. The location is perfect since it is just right across NAIA. Free Shuttle service of the hotel is a plus! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay both times, and I'll definitely be back for sure. Oh, and they speak very good English!! That's really helpful!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room facing golf course or the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only but we felt refreshed the next day. We spent the afternoon running away from zombies (not real; we joined the Running Dead Fun Run) and returned to this hotel very tired but happy.

The crew didn't mind us asking for more toiletries and pillows and blankets, plus the front desk is very courteous.

The beds are exceptional: very comfy, with down pillows and comforter and smells clean. No visible stains on the sheets.

Each room comes with a huge LED (or LCD) TV, with cable and pay-per-view of the latest movie flicks. Be careful, though, PPV is not free. It could cost you the same price of going to the movie, and if you'd ask me, it'd be better to just head to the Newport Mall if the movie you like is currently running.

But what I really love about the room is the bathtub. Love tub, more likely. The bathroom is spacious and clean.

The reception area is also very nice. We checked in hassle free, with free drinks. Not bad.

The only thing that got to me is when I initially asked for the wireless internet, I was told that access from the room is not free. I learned from my friends the next day that internet is actually free for Marriott rewards members, and signing up is also free.

The swimming pool is a tad small, only kids will have fun in it. The gym is also a tad small but the equipment are new and clean.

Aside from that and the price, everything is great. But then again, you get what you paid for.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a tub facing the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice and attentive staff.

Well equipped rooms with very nice bathrooms.

Good location, just next door to the Resort Mall where you can find amongsts others good restaurants and just across the street from the Manila Airport Terminal 3 (walking not possible, you have to use the hourly transfer bus or a taxi).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bkker
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my 2nd time to stay at this hotel. Again I found everything to be very nice the rooms are great and comfortable & the food in the hotel is awesome..... We stayed on a saturday night and tried the Seafood buffet it was fantastic. enjoyed the pool area the next day and had great service there also. Everyone of the staff members made us feel welcome thank you for another great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
The Henry Hotel Manila
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!