“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Very, very nice hotel!! Hotel staff services were second to none during our stay last year June 2013. My fiancee and I really enjoyed the soft live music playing in the lobby. The pool was nice. The buffet was very good. Another positive side to this hotel location is the nearby nightclub within the mall - Club Republiq and the international airport. I'd definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

This is just a late review. We stayed at Manila Marriott last April 2012 for night. Actually that was our second stay at the hotel. Me and my fiancé love this place so much since its close to both international and domestic airports of Manila. U can even get free shuttles from the airport to the hotel. And maybe just 5 minutes drive from the airport by a taxi.

I can always give top rates to this hotel for almost everything.. From the receptionist who were so attentive, kind and friendly to all of their guests regardless of someone's status level. I still remember when I got t at the hotel's lobby I even felt shy walking toward the receptionists counter since I was just wearing my old faded jeans and shirt on with my backpack because everyone there looked elegant but those odd feeling were gone when I started talking to one of their receptionist.. She was super nice and she even introduced to me about that "Marriott reward card" (which I really had no idea about that thing before) so I can avail the free cocktails.. Those simple gestures means so much to me since I never treated that way even at some 2 stars hotel at Manila.

Well about the room I got... It was more than enough for the rate I paid(cheapest rate) .. but the welcome Message on the room's flat screen TV was so overwhelming together with that nice pretty lady (hotel's OJT) who assisted me on everything I need in my room. Though it luck of pressing stuffs (since it was their cheapest room) but that lady diligently took my clothes to their housekeeping department for pressing and it was free of charge. What I love most of the marriott's room is their clean and comfortable bed And the bathroom as well.. I love the design, the transparent walls and the hanging shower on a bath tub were perfectly sexy.

I can't ask for more about the hotel's buffet breakfast. OH MY GOD it has everything. I was even confused which is which so I ended up at the Filipino's cuisine. The staff there were all patient and they were pretty quick in attending our needs or help.

Well by staying at this hotel I was be able to explore the resort world of Manila since the hotel has a direct access to it.

I've been to some five star hotels in Phil's.,Singapore and thailand and this is the most prestigious one for me in terms of service.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Billeah10
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has excellent service and a very helpful staff who will go above and beyond to represent the Marriot name. Great amenities which include, dry sauna, steam room, whirlpool hot tub, outdoor pool, fitness center, salon and spa. Definitely use if you have time...
The food and drinks are overpriced but this property is connected to resort world where there are many delicious restaurants, shops and entertainment.
For the price of the room, I would only recommend this hotel to those who will utilize the the amenities.
5 minute ride on free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Advisor0821
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Between flight time and layover time, traveling to our final destination of Roxas City, Capiz in the Philippines from Los Angeles, California USA can be long and tiring. We had an 11-hour layover in Manila before completing the final leg of our travel to Roxas City. Since we arrived in Manila at around 6:00 PM, we opted to go to the Manila Marriott rather than sleep in uncomfortable airport chairs.

I'd do this again. The hotel was close to the airport and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a wake-up call and a boxed breakfast was recommended that we could take with us to the airport.

The best thing? The beds were comfortable and my daughter and I were able to get a couple of hours of good solid sleep as well as take a shower so that we were rested and refreshed for the final leg of our trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JulieMack
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The Marriott hotel is not new anymore but the personnel is perhaps one of the friendliest in South East Asia. When I checked in the last time I was introduced to the Duty Manager while being escorted to the elevators. Not that I am an important or particularly regular customer, but that just made me feel that they care. I stayed for five nights and was impressed that the second time I went downstairs for breakfast, the waitress remembered me by my name. Such a shame I did not ask for her name and recommended her for her manager.
The choice of breakfast in the restaurant on the first floor is one of the best in Asia. Sometimes they have The club lounge selection is Asian average. In-room dining was good and served promptly.
The gym is fairly large and not too crowded, but not as much to do for muscular training. The spa services were excellent, but somewhat expensive.
In general I have found that the cost of a club room here is lower than in the Peninsula or in Shangri-La.
Location is good. A boring casino next door as well as a smallish mall with some good food outlets. It is close to the airport and half of the rooms overlook the Villamor golf course.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TveViking
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

stayed for 1 night on good friday. for USD280 a night it seems overpriced esp with the room size. checkin was quick and breakfast was adequate. other than the view of terminal 3 and the HD channels, I didn't find anything special with this hotel. will stay in sofitel's club floor next time!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank GissyWissy
Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Frankly, we did not like this hotel at first glance. The exterior looks tacky and the inside lacks atmosphere. This being said the staff was friendly and accommodating and they worked very efficiently. Some cleaning issues in the bathroom on our second day, but they rectified this when we complained.
The proximity to the airport makes it a good choice for a stop over as the traffic in Manila is terrible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beatrice U
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
The Henry Hotel Manila
Maxims Hotel - Resorts World Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!