“Truly Exceptional!”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Manila Marriott for 4 nights, after 6 days enjoying the beaches of Coron, Palawan. I chose the Marriott for its proximity to NAIA's domestic and international terminals. It was extremely convenient arriving from Palawan, and 4 days later leaving for the US.

In one word, our stay at the Marriott was exceptional.

The room is crisp, very clean and modern. (Ultra fast Wifi!!!) The hotel lobby, restaurants and room are exactly as beautiful as online pictures! The bathroom in particular, is amazingly relaxing. The hotel gym, pool and jacuzzi facilities are new and modern.

Couple of small but very nice touches: Turn on the TV the first time, and you see a welcome greeting with your name on it. Also, call the front desk from the room phone, and they answer and greet you by name.

I came back to the room one afternoon, to find a message blinking on the phone. When I called, I got an invitation to watch the Superbowl with other guests at the lobby. The night before I checked out, they called again to ask if I had any special needs the next morning. The complimentary airport shuttles leave every hour on the hour.

The hotel staff also assisted me in purchasing VIP tickets to the King and I, at Resorts World. A staffer walked with me all the way to the box office -- and I got the 2 best tickets still available. Matinee show is conveniently at 2pm --- and it was a thoroughly enjoyable theatre show!

Breakfast buffet --- eat healthy or pigout, choices seemed limitless. I had a Filipino breakfast most mornings! (Tip- if you order halo-halo delivered to your room -- one order is more than enough for 2 people!)

We enjoyed walking to Resorts World for meals, and lucked out on several Chinese New Year shows and celebrations. I especially recommend the Filipino restaurant - Crisostomo's. We ate there at least 3 times!

Would I stay at the Marriott again? Definitely. It is the perfect hotel to stay in on the last leg of a Philippine vacation. The rooms, dining, jacuzzi, gym, entertainment --- exceptional. Special mention to the quality of service by the staff - truly exceptional.

See you next year Marriott!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ALuis79
There are newer reviews for Manila Marriott Hotel

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed at many five and six star properties around the world and the Manila Marriott stands out as my favorite. I've stayed there five times and the facilities, amenities, and attention to detail are extraordinary. The Filipino people have a predisposition toward kindness and service. Their friendly desire to be of assistance is genuine and not forced.
You can certainly stay at more expensive properties (Shangrila) in Manila, but you can't find another one with this level of service. The convenience to Manila International Airport is another plus. The addition of Maxim's Casino and the upscale shopping mall has only added to the value of the Marriott. Stay here and you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course and city skyline. Although if you get a room facing the a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

A year after my first visit to Marriott, I came back and to my surprise my high expectations were exceeded! Unlike last year, I had access to the Executive Lounge through my rewards status and saw first hand what I missed the year before. Going straight to the point, the service in the lounge was top notch. Kim, one of the hostesses, is to be commended for being so helpful and even went out of her way when one night I walked in late and the entrees were put away but she went into the kitchen and served me that evening's entrees with a big smile. All of the host and hostesses in the Lounge were helpful which made my stay truly memorable. Also to be commended are the front desk staff and the valet & front door personnel. I can't wait to be back next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MrEdnWilbur
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The room was amazing. I loved the shower. I actually miss the lemongrass scented shampoo and bath gel already.

Great breakfast food. Excellent service from super friendly staff.

Wish I can stay here again soon...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anj-99
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was traveling for extended periods of time at this hotel. The staff is amazing. I can even remember most of their names. Dex is a manager in the dining area. He was always smiling and friendly. The executive lounge staff was always friendly and willing to help if there were any issues. I did not face any issues while there so I did not get to experience the help first hand. My room was always clean and I was always greeted by every member of the staff. I did get a little annoying after being there so long but it was refreshing to know that no matter what they were consistent.

Room Tip: Choose the golf course view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank allbusiness80
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Marriott Hotel in Manila is a great hotel and I would give it my highest recommedation to anyone planning a trip to the Philippines. The hotel is clean, safe, comfortable, and is one of the nicer Marriott Hotels I have stayed in. The service is excellent from the time of arrival until the time of departure. The restaurant is wonderful and the selection of food at the buffet is incredible. It is one of the best hotel buffets that I have ever experienced. I stayed with my family for six nights and every day was a real treat to be there. The hotel staff at all levels provided top notch service and they always seemed to go the extra mile to ensure that we were comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and the showers are a real treat. The hotel is located near the international airport which makes is convenient for arrivals and departures. The hotel location is a ways from the city center of Manila and it can often take 30 plus minutes to get to various parts of the city depending on traffic. Security is a top priority at this hotel and we felt very safe and comfortable during our stay. The hotel has a great fitness center and business center. This hotel is more expensive than many other hotels in Manila but I believe that you get what you pay for. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are going to be in the Manila Area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor facing the city for a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nate L
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Used Marriott as home base while making several trips to various locations in the Philippines and Southeast Asia during Dec 2012 & Jan 2013. Location near Terminal 3 and free hourly shuttle to all three termials made making these trips easy. Pros: Early check-in and delayed check out requests were accommodated; Storage of excess baggage at no cost while taking side tours made local travel much easier; Staff in all areas were attentive and accommodating; Breakfast and Dinner Buffets had good quality and selection; Good Senior rate and membership discounts applied automatically to all billing; Good security measures in place without being intrusive. Cons: Spouse used Spa/Salon and found it to be very expensive with quality which certainly did not match the price.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors (4 & 5) on Golf View side as these rooms are just above Garden Rooms on the m...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elrod13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
The Henry Hotel Manila
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!