“Great New Year's with the family”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here twice in a month- once by myself and other time with the rest of my family for new year's. Both stays were great. I made some requests from the staff and they were granted. We occupied 3 rooms and they were able to get us all close to each other. Service and housekeeping crew were very attentive, quick and polite. The hotel is connected to the Newport Mall and Resorts world so you don't have to go out and drive to get to other places for entertainment or food. The New Years celebration has band performing in the lobby from late evening until the countdown and beyond. There's a New Year's mass celebration in the ballroom at 10 pm or so. Buffet is included in our room price and it is adequate.

CONS: The pool is small but the kids enjoyed it, adults may not. Needing to use the key card to run the elevator can sometimes be annoying. The room wasn't ready when we checked in even though I booked the reservation weeks before with my requests. They did offer us drinks while we wait in the lobby for close to 3 hours. Not a lot of restaurants in the hotel but like I said there's lots more in the mall.

All in all it was a great stay both times. One good thing going for it is that it's relatively new compared to most hotels. The decor is contemporary, bathroom is big and modern- rooms are good sized. Wifi is free. Checkout is a breeze.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf area or pool have better views. King bed rooms seem to be bigger than doubles.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank uberkyut
There are newer reviews for Manila Marriott Hotel

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The room has a modern look and a nice shower room. Service was excellent. Location is not that convenient though. It is connected to the Newport mall but has limited stores and restaurants to choose from. It is far from other tourist spots though very near to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I always love staying at Marriott when I have the opportunity. Their beds feel just like my bed at home so cozy and comfy. I fall right to sleep. This location is so clean and the staff is amazingly friendly. They seem to be able to recognize your needs before you even verbalize them. Great hotel, would easily recommend it again.

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for a room facing the golf course.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DLive
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the service is grand! the hotel has several restaurants and a spa. It is connected to the casino and the mall. The Pool is large and kept clean. The excerscise room is well equipped. The best part is the Executive lounge, where food and drinks are always available. The staff is courteous and very helpful.

Room Tip: Golf course view is the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank road-warri0r10
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel upon our arrival in Manila. It is very close to the airport. Check in was a breeze but I was a bit disappointed with the front desk agents. Being a Silver Elite with Marriot, I was upgraded to the Concierge Floor but the front desk agent failed to bring this to my attention. I had just been traveling for almost 24hours, (with my daughter, son in law and two grandsons a two year old and 10month old) from LAX to Manila with a layover in Hongkong and was tired and jet lagging like mad, I badly needed a hot shower and a comfortable bed before proceeding to the islands. After a refreshing hot shower and sleep, I woke up early of course and took a walk down the hallway and realized that I was on the Concierge Floor! Duh...
The hotel was very nice and clean, great shower, the hotel I think had just opened so it was really impressive. Service was excellent, everyone was so helpful! The best part of course was it's proximity to the airport!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Inday C
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is by far the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at! Modern, safe, super-clean and consistent with any high-end (e.g. JW) Marriott in the US. The customer service was excellent and everyone was friendly. The lobby had plenty of places to lounge as well. Most of the places I stayed at in the Philippines were little hole in the walls, so this was quite a treat!

Note: you do need to leave one of your key cards in the slot next to the door frame in order for your lighting and temperature settings to stay on.

I found this out the hard way: I would put my key card in the slot, then the lights would come on, so I would take it out, and then 30 seconds later, the room would go pitch black. I called the front desk, and by the time I figured out I needed to leave the card in the slot, they had sent someone up to explain how it worked. Very nice of them, very dense of me! :)

Oh, and the bathroom had glass walls, so you could watch TV while taking a bubble bath. Much-needed after schlepping all over the Philippines!

I only stayed here for 2 nights - would love to have stayed here longer.

P.S. there is an attached casino with free music/entertainment at "Bar 360". That was fun to watch too!

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank topramen79
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel overnight last December during our company Christmas party. It was our second time to stay here. The first time was a few years ago when the hotel just opened so we noticed a lot of significant improvements in terms of service and security. Parking is easy and the hotel has a seamless connection to Resorts World Manila with all its attractions that include good restaurants, shops, a theater and, to those into it, the casino. The food at the Marriott is quite good and I would recommend guests to try out their pastries and chocolates (the dark chocolates are splendid!). Our room was great but soundproofing needs some improvement as we could hear people walking and talking along the corridor as well as from the other rooms on our floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d0ctrine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Remington Hotel Manila
Conrad Manila
Conrad Manila
#3 of 31 in Pasay
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
The Henry Hotel Manila
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!