“Airport Hotel with shopping, entertainment, gaming & golf...”

Manila Marriott Hotel
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Pasay
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located conviniently across Terminal 3 with Manila World and Golf Course as its neighbour. Offers free airport shuttle service on hourly basis. Makati City is 15 min drive in non peak hours as an option for shopping and eating in addition to attractions in Passay City. The hotel rooms are spacious, comfortable and quite a few of them offers golf course and pool view. The local Philipino cusines in the cafe (choice limited) is a delight and a must try if you like experimenting with food. Casino, theatre, shops and eateries around are sone of the options for entertainment. Overall a 5 star property with value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Vikmal68

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rooms are amazingly good and comfortable. Staff is very helpful and in my 2 weeks stay never did I see a frowning face. Food buffet was very good. All ammenities were up to the mark. Beds were very comfortable. A shortcut to Resorts worls makes it better. Do try restraunts in Resorts world.

Room Tip: Dont take the main gate facing room as there is some maintenance going on there
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vinks77
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My Marriott Rewards statement tells me I have stayed over 750 nights at Marriotts in the last 15 years. This is one of the nicest ones in their system.

The pool is nice but colder than you would expect. It's in the shadow of the building. If you are bringing kids like mine that love pools, don't count on them staying in the cold water too long.

When you book your room, you'll be offered several packages. One of them includes breakfast. The breakfast is very, very nice. Eggs and other foods cooked to order, lots of interesting cheese (if you are European you'd probably appreciate a breakfast you recognize), many, many dry and fresh fruits. If you like a big, lux breakfast, get the package with the breakfast. If you want a quick breakfast, a Starbucks knock-off in the hotel is quick and cheap and you can save money.

If you have a Marriott Rewards Visa, you should already be "Silver" status and you will get wifi for free here, in your room and the lobby. So don't pay for a package with wireless, since you will get it free anyway.

I think the golf course next door is 2000 PP or about $50, with caddy. I looked around a little (there was a charity event so I could not get on the course). It's a little short (6300 yards) but is very well maintained. It looks fun to play. Slope around 135.

Spa looked fancy. The workout room is very, very good. 8 high end treadmills, a few bikes, three upper body strength machines and I think four lower body machines. Plus lots of dumb bells, benches, and places to stretch. All Life Cycle if I remember right

Hit "helpful" if you find it useful... have a great stay.

Room Tip: Location is great if you don't have to be in a business area. Traffic is terrible in Manila. K...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank lwelshCO
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a week thanks to Marriott Rewards! We were visiting my family and attending a baby christening. I chose this hotel to treat me and my husband for some R&R and he loves to play golf. It's located next to a golf course and he did play there once. The hotel is close to terminal 3 with free shuttle service to the airport. There's a casino and mall connected to the hotel. We arrived around after lunch and they allowed early check in. You have to go through security and xray for your bags/luggage before you can get in the hotel. First time for me to experience that in a hotel. Decor was classy and trendy. We got a room with pool and golf course view. Yay! The beds were comfortable and they have nice bathrooms. We used the spa and fitness room which was adequate for our workout needs.
All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. They did not charge us for Wi-fi- one of the perks of being Silver Elite :-)
I would have given this hotel a 5 if not for the first room they gave us has that musty/moldy smell. We asked to change rooms and they were able to accommodate our request. The room we transferred to still had the same view which was nice but the fridge was not working. I found that out a couple of days later when I placed OJ and soy milk in it.
Over all I still think it was a great stay and I'd come back again if given the chance.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank jello_len
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed here twice now as I travel to and from Boracay and this hotel is really good. It's a bit expensive, but high in quality. Friendly staff and proximity to airport make it my hotel of choice for these trips. It's also right next to a bunch of high-end shops, which makes buying sundries, etc., a breeze. Will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JT B
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here as a single woman traveling alone and felt totally at ease. The staff is Four Seasons quality, top notch, the rooms are clean, new, and quiet. I was not expecting such a great experience! Highly recommend this hotel especially for layovers as it is next door to the airport. Room service was excellent.

Room Tip: Will take you 1/2 hour by cab to get to the airport even though it is next door to it. Manila traffi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WiakoloaWahine8
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My stay was magnificent and enchanting for me and my girlfriend who happens to be Filipino. Being from the US, Filipinos could teach us Americans a thing or two about hospitality. Service was amazing and the rooms were exceptionally comfortable. The shower was enormous and fun. Yes....Fun!

Aside from the great service and features, the only problem I ran into was being overcharged for amenities such as the mini bar in the room. I only used a couple of items the first time and was charged accordingly but right before I left the country, I had an additional charge that was unauthorized. Now I know math being a chef and all, and from the receipts and balancing my accounts, the charge just didn't add up according to my records. Well I fixed the problem myself, but I will be careful the next time I go out there. However, besides that, I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Mo_Skillz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasay
Belmont Hotel Manila
Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia
2 mi away
The Heritage Hotel Manila

Been to Manila Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!