Manila Marriott Hotel
$60
$206
$191
  • Breakfast included
The Mabuhay Manor(Pasay)(Great Value!)
$39
$36
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
2,133 results
All reviewswest wingthe executive loungecru steakhousenew wingresorts worldgrand ballroomclose to the airportbreakfast buffetroom attendantnewport mallfree shuttlemangofive star hotelinternational airportevery hournaia terminallong flight
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We checked in Marriott Manila for a Conference Trip. As soon as we saw their fancy bulbs and massive lobby inside, we expected we were going to have an extraordinary stay. I was checked in by staff named TJ. He painted a first impression of Marriott Manila for me. His service was impeccable, he truly helped me through the process of checking in from the front desk to my room. He was attentive to my needs, and even let us feel not only like a guest in Marriott but a guest in his "own" house, always giving us genuine warm responses instead of the usual mechanical smile and courtesy welcome we used to get from other hotels. One of our colleagues got sick one night and he even bothered to check up on him from time to time until he felt better.

If I'd stop from that man's service, I would have given this hotel an 'excellent' rating, were it not for their not so noise-proof walls and for the inept training of their Dining department.

When I got to my room, the walls of the room seem to be too thin. Some sort of loud banging occurred one night in a nearby room which actually woke me up. And the rest of the nights, I have been hearing conversation murmurs in the room beside mine.

There was a time when they brought me "fresh" teapot with lukewarm water. I politely explained to the staff that what I wanted was a fresh pot of tea -- with hot water and a new teabag. Another time, they would bring a pot of tea and try to immediately pour it into my cup -- each time I stopped them telling that the tea needs to steep for a couple of minutes before it can be poured. After I finished one pot I asked for another pot of tea. Several times I found that they had simply refilled the pot with water and not put in a fresh teabag.

I managed to get what I wanted each time. The complaint is that a place so committed to excellence should better train their staff in how to properly serve food or beverage at least.

Thanks to the front desk staff for living up to Marriott's standard in customer service but I have never had such technical complaints with Marriott before, even at the humblest of hotels. Marriott Manila- be warned- it is not just about the first impression - it is also about sustenance.

Room Tip: Garden view function room is good.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank PuiKan_Wu
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This Marriot, attached to the Resorts World Manila casino and entertainment complex, is the only new five start hotel built in Manila in the past 15 years so it is a nice alternative to the ageing Peninusla, Shangr-la, and Mandarin. Located across from Terminal 3 of the airport, it is also next to an entrance to the Skyway so getting into Makati is quite easy.

The hotel has a pretty good outdoor pool and health club and next door are plenty of shopping and dining options at Resorts World including a night club and a movie theater - plus, of course, gambling.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gearhead85
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights for "staycation". While I was initially peeved with their 3pm check-in time that I thought was way late, they were able to accommodate my request for a 1pm check-in. Check-in was a breeze considering all counters were occupied.

Now the room -- I don't know if I was upgraded but it was huge considering Marriott's standard. The toilet was amazing! There's a separate area for the shower and tub which gives that luxurious feel. Then it has that see through design that the entire toilet is separated from the bedroom by a glass wall. BUT, there is a mechanical blind that can of course cover your modesty. :-)

The king size bed was just perfect. What I liked is the fact that the bed has a mattress protector which gives that extra firmness. Oh, and there were 6 pillows!

Also tried the seafood Friday night buffet and it was great. Reasonably priced compared to other hotel's seafood nights.

Breakfast was just amazing. The 2 days that I was there, they were passing around fruit juice shots that were yummy. Also, I got the impression that they can do anything! They asked me if I had any requests from the juice bar and I asked for sour sop juice. This is quite tropical and most hotels would not have this. They managed to find it -- and on my breakfast the next day, they even remembered and offered it!

Small touches like remembering your name is just endearing.

Parking is free - 1 slot per room.

Will definitely go back to this hotel for another "staycation".

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Hotel is fantastic! Beautiful and luxurious. Bathroom is elegant, and has a retractable curtain so that those in bedroom can see their mates taking a bath! ;P

Gym has good equipment and free water and towels.

Buffet is very comprehensive! Better than what we had at Mariott bangkok. Too much to offer really that I feel I'm in heaven!

However I cannot give this a great value because of:

1) price - admittedly very expensive
2) location - not much to do except go to the nearly resorts world mall and casino, which offers few (and expensive) restaurants and boutiques.
3) surprisingly given its expensive rate, the hotel was crowded with families when i had my stay during the weekend. thus, you cannot feel and be relaxed with so many guests especially children running around. breakfast buffet is crowded, and you cannot have a quiet dip in the people with all the children that it looks like a resort in laguna!

I would advise looking for another hotel with better location for the same price range, perhaps Diamond hotel (manila) or New World (Makati)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank aldwin_educ
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was clean, orderly and comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a nice selection and the staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business