“Nice, friendly hotel”
Review of The Legend Villas

The Legend Villas
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed November 14, 2008

Having stayed in a few places in the Makati / Mandaluyong area in the past we thought we'd give Legend Villas a go this time. Overall, very impressed. Price very reasonable compared to other places in the area, staff very friendly, helpful and trustworthy (we left a watch in the room following check out and the staf retreived it and held it for us), breakfast good, pool was very nice. Room was average, but perfectly comfortable. Location pretty good. across the road from Robinsons department store, just 50php ride from Megamall and 75php ride from Greenbelt. I don't think you can get better for your money in the area.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tabrascokid

Reviewed July 8, 2008

I visited a friend in Ortigas June last year and it was the same time i experienced a black out in the area. The electricity went out longer than i expected. i suggested to my friend that we check in a hotel. at least a 3-star one as the temperature that time was really high. So anyway, we decided to look for an affordable hotel so we went just outside ortigas area. Fortunately, we found Legend Villas.

We were welcomed warmly by the staff. They briefed us re their services, check out time, restaurant opening hours, food, etc. They were very accommodating in short.

The room was exceptionally clean. I liked the way it smelled that time--very sanitized.

When we woke up the next day, we dined in their restaurant. I live in australia and i missed eating Filipino cuisine. Theirs is indeed authentic.

i would definitely go back to that hotel. Not just for their food but for their overall service and accommodation as well!

(sorry we werent able to take pictures of the hotel. it was black out and we ran out of batteries)

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Smill3r
Reviewed April 30, 2008

I stayed at the Legend Villas twice - at the beginning of my trip and the end. My review is a little mixed because I had two different experiences. The staff was very polite and always stopped what they were doing to greet you with a smile as you approached. My first room was average, clean, nothing special. It was inconvenient for my roommate who walked with a cane, as the room was up two flights of steps - there are no elevators.
The breakfast buffet was okay and a good chance to try Filipino food. I tried to do both, but my pancakes were not good, they were dry and gritty, so stick to what they know. On my return visit the business center wasn't available which was a disappointment as I needed the internet, but it was available at the local mall. We received a better room which could be called a villa room. There was a nice kitchenette area and sitting area; the bedroom was located on the 2nd flr. and the rooms were clean. We were also closer to the street, where sometimes the traffic was a little loud, but didn't prevent me from sleeping, I had earplugs! Bathroom was clean, towels and hand towels nice and white, you have to ask for face cloths. Good location, near to one of the smaller Robinsons Malls. You can pick up groceries, toiletries, etc., if necessary. I wouldn't suggest driving in Manilla, unless you're very, very brave!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank VTYSON
Reviewed January 29, 2008

My stay in the Philippines was made extra special by Legend Villas. Staying in one of their impressive suites reminded me so much of home. The room was elegantly clean and comfortable and all the amenities are responsive to my needs. The free WIFI access was also a great help. The hotel staff are very warm and accommodating that you'll wish you never have to check out. The food at the hotel's restaurant named Lola Maria were very delicious and memorable. Every second spent at Legend Villas is worth-remembering.

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank icingoncake
Reviewed September 30, 2007

Warm, hospitable and accommodating are just a few characters of a TRUE filipino that I experienced.in the legend villas salute to the management.

At home ako dito ,the food that I missed away from my province ..superb yummy!! pinoy talaga !!! and the waiters are all
entertaining......thank you. be back again ...and I'm goin to recommend to all of my friends and families ..

Stayed: September 2007
8  Thank jctango
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I stayed in Legend Hotel for $50 per night. Once I got in the lobby, there was this distinct smell, it smelled like an old and damp carpet! The bathrooms are clean but old. Public transportation was not a problem, but it can get very crowded in that area. It's not really a quiet area. There was no good view when you look out the window. I don't recommend this hotel, it's more like Motel 6. There are other condos with this price in Makati area that are much better.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank Michiko7
Reviewed March 1, 2007

We picked the Legend Villa because of its close proximity to relatives who live in Pasig and Robinsons Mall. The furnishing was beautiful and very Filipino which I enjoyed. However....I found cockroaches everywhere, from the hotel lobby bathroom to the first floor of our suite to the bedroom to the bathroom. I've stayed in hotels and homes all over the Philippines and with certain care and precaution cockroaches even in Manila can be avoided. The reception was not very warm and a little catty when I requested for someone to spray some Baygon around the room and repair the phone (which was never cleaned and looked and smelled of years of skin cells) . The next morning and a few cockroaches later, I checked-out of there. Keep in mind that you may see cockroaches in the streets of Manila like most highly urbanized cities but if cleaned properly you do not have to pay for a place that houses them especially for the price that they charged us there.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank la_nereide
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
Lancaster Hotel Manila
Ace Hotel & Suites
Ace Hotel & Suites
#5 of 22 in Pasig
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines

Been to The Legend Villas? Share your experiences!