“A real mistake to stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Legend Villas

The Legend Villas
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A real mistake to stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were in Manila for business and asked our travel agent to find somewhere convenient for our meeting at short notice. They suggested this place and, based on a quick scan of the website it looked just about passable. However, the reality is very different from the images on the site. Our room was incredibly basic and very dated. The air con unit was ancient and noisy, far too noisy to sleep with it on. But when we turned it off, we could still hear the air con units rattling in all the neighboring rooms. Our view was of wall, pipes and electric cables a foot from our window. The bedding and bathroom was clean, but the towels were old and 1000 wash grey, the shower was a dribble, the beds were hard and the walls were grubby. There didn't appear to be good fire escape routes or smoke alarms, and the combination of ancient electrics and wooden building make it feel like an H&S hazard. We will be asking our agent not to recommend this to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cambersberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Portage, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Don't waste your time and your money here. I don't know what happened, but the pictures misrepresented the hotel. When we came in, the service was slow. They simply stared at us until they found the notion to come help us. Then, when we were being escorted to our room, which by the way is outside of the lobby, we found out that there is no elevator. We had two large suitcases and five smaller ones. When we got to our room, the door kept on slamming against the closet door right next to it. We saw how outdated it was. Everything needed to be replaced. The tv was small and the fridge dirty. Talk about lack of cleanliness! When I took a shower, I noticed that the shower drain was clogged... with hair left over from the last guest! The rubber bathroom mat was moldy. When I walked through barefoot, I had to be careful because the floor tiles were slippery and my feet turned black from whatever was on the floor! The bathroom had no hand towels or wash cloths and the towels smelt bad. The bed was stiff as a rock and the bed spread was old. The view...what view? We had to keep our blinds closed because we could see into another room. The location is terrible. Its right next to EDSA so you can hear the busy highway as clear was day. I was glad to finally leave this place except I was greeted by a cockroach on my stuff. Gross! And we were on the third floor as well! Again, save yourself and look somewhere else. This place was disgusting.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank cheyser13
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I bought Voucher from metrodeal to avail the promo for legend villas so we can celebrate Mothers day.Our room was at 2nd floor since My mom was too old already she hard time going upstair there's no elevator.the room is big it can accomodate for 4 persons.they need to add hotel staff since the service is kinda slow specifically when were having dinner since they have many guest at that time.when we reserved a room service for massage around 830pm the front desk inform me it will moved around 11:00pm.my mom and I wait till 11:00pm after calling again the front desk they inform me that the masseuse arrived late and they have to served another guest if I'm still willing to wait.I already told the front desk to cancelled my reservation since I can no longer wait the masseuse.if they are not sure that their massuse can come early they should inform their guest ahead of time good thing they refund the payment.The buffet breakfast was great.The swimming pool was small and clean they have a life guard they can secure the safety of the guest specially if you have kids.before we check out the aircon has water leak it cause slippery floor.the front desk apologize for the cancelled spa as well as the aircon leak.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sassyrar
Caloocan, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Good points: The breakfast was great! I love omelet stations in buffets and theirs is no exception. I also loved the champorado, the croissants, the bistek tagalog and their palabok. The other choices were okay as well, but these were the ones that stuck to me the most.

The internet was quite fast and it was a good plus for my sisters who were staying with me.
The pool was decent enough and my cousins had quite a go and enjoyed taking advantage of it.
They have parking spaces that are very adjacent to the rooms. This was a big factor since we had to go back and forth the vehicles to load and unload stuff so it was quite good that it was very convenient for us.

Bad points:
There was "something" with the bathroom. I guess it was the fact that it didn;t have an exhaust, but even on the first night when there were only 4 of us, it already had a pungent smell. I used the cr in the other room as well(which was hardly used since my in-laws) but it was the same.

The pool was sooooooo far away. I guess this would be a plus for people who really want r &r in the pool area but it was quite inconvenient for us, especially since we had to go back and forth during the pictorial.

Points for improvement:

Decor! We would have loved to book the villa rooms if we felt that they would add up to the "feel" in photos but they were way too bare. Good thing that our p/v team was very creative and found nooks and crannies that would serve as good backdrops to the frames.

Final Say:

I would recommend The Legend Villas for people who are looking for great value for money, especially guests who are merely looking for budget-friendly accommodation in a very good location. Compared to other hotels, this hotel is very lenient and you can bring in cooked food, accommodate as many guests as possible(such a pro if the room will be used for wedding preps/intimate parties). However, if you are looking for a more poshed and well-appointed accommodation, I guess you have better options in the Ortigas area.

Room Tip: The receiving area of the suite wasn't that posh for the extra bucks that came with it so just g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank coffeefreak
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

this was a nice hotel in a good location , as it was near a small shopping complex, cafes and transport etc ,staff were friendly, pool and spa area were great, as its very hot there,i found in on the internet and wasnt disappointed, my friend an i spent 2 weeks there in april 2013..john

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandsoftime711
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was preparing for a school project when I decided to take my kid and my wife to Legend Villas because of a scheduled black out in our place. You can say I was desperate but who wouldn't be when you're in that situation when you need electricity to finish your presentation, right?

Legend Villas was a good choice because the hotel is only about a kilometer from where we live.

The room we got was good but the atmosphere inside the room was better. My son loved it and the whole area was conducive to what I needed to finish.

We checked in at night so we ordered McDonald's for dinner. Unlike regular hotels where you don't get the items directly from the delivery guy, this time we got our order delivered directly by the delivery person to our room. That may not look secure but I didn't mind. This was made possible because majority of the Legend Villas rooms were located on the first floor.

The only disappointment I had was breakfast. I felt their buffet could be more presentable and choices - more! I felt bad when THE BEST and magic of our Filipino food wasn't there. There were conference delegates who stayed in the hotel and I felt they didn't enjoy their breakfast too based from the comments I heard from them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank krisatienza
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay in Manila and check in to this hotel to avoid the holiday rush and hassle of going outside the city. Instead of enjoying our Maundy Thursday, we had the worst experience because of the rude pool attendant and inconsiderate manager!

Room Tip: This is a low rise three-storey villa without an elevator so choose the lower floor if you have heav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chapopos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
Go Hotels Mandaluyong
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
The Linden Suites
The Linden Suites
#7 of 21 in Pasig

Been to The Legend Villas? Share your experiences!