“Wonderful Staff”
Review of The Legend Villas

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and we we're given a room at the ground floor. Although the hotel looks old, all the furnitures seems to be new so I guess we we're given a refurbished room. The room is big with 2 comfortable double size beds.

Buffet breakfast was really good, a lot of choice but mostly Filipino food. The staff from the security guards, to the housekeeping, to the food and beverages dept. and front desk were really good, polite and accommodating.

The hotel is a short walk to a mall with lots of food options. I find The Legend Villa a little overpriced but then, most of the hotels in this area are overpriced. Overall we had a great stay at The Lengend Villas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jodeas

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for 11 nights and felt very at home and safe. All the staff are so courteous, happy and always willing to comply with all our requests. Extra towels, toilet paper, pillows, directions, taxi,etc. - anything we wanted,they were given with a smile. The girls at the front desk were so helpful and polite. Kat was very professional,efficient and was always happy everytime I've dealt with her. Sarah helped me with printing my boarding pass and when it wouldn't print, she called Cebu Pacific to ensure that we wouldn't have any problems checking in at the airport.

Room: We had the premier room for our first 3 nights. It's similar to the standard room except for the jacuzzi. Both room types have 2 double beds. Our family of 4 (2adults & 2 children) fit in quite comfortably with plenty of room to walk around. Wi-fi in rooms has really good connection- never had any problems. On our first day, we were lucky enough to be assisted by Marvin who arranged for us to have their best standard room on our 4th day (Room 623). He specifically requested this for us as it has a pool view and is away from the noisy street. Marvin's kind assistance, enthusiasm, friendliness and knowledge of the hotel's services and facilities were instrumental in making me feel very comfortable of my new surroundings. Even my kids liked him instantly. When my little boy got sick, I bumped into Marvin on my way to the lobby and he expressed immediate concern. He also advised me that the hotel has a resident nurse and a doctor on call anytime and that their services is free for hotel guests. I really appreciate this very much and made me feel so much more at home here as well have peace of mind knowing that medical help is easily accessible should I require it.

Room tip: Request a room that is away or not facing the streets as the traffic noise can be quite disruptive esp for those who prefer a quiet night. Room 623 is highly recommended.

Location: Great location. 5 minutes walk to Robinson's Forum shopping mall. It is not a big mall but it has all the basic things that you will need,ie. supermarket, department store, hairdressers and plenty of restaurants. There is a Starbucks, Figaro, Pan de Manila nearby. BDO atm machine is just across the road from the gate. Short taxi ride to Greenhills (P110), Galleria (P75), Megamall (P60) or Cubao (P130). The hotel also has a private van transfer which doesn't cost much. We only paid P150 to go to SM Megamall and P600 to NAIA 3 airport.

Security: I have never felt safer. There are a number of security staff who roam around the grounds at night. They are all courteous towards house guests and I felt safe sending my kids from our room to the lobby or restaurant on theirown. After hours, the boom gates are down so only cars or taxis with hotel guests are allowed to come inside the grounds. The security guards also note down the taxis' plate numbers when they pick up guests from the hotel.

Restaurant: Lola Maria's Restaurant would have to be the best-value Filipino buffet in Manila. Even their ala carte menu is well priced. Their food is highly recommended - they are all delicious! You must try their Bulalo - much, much better than any I have tasted and at P568, it's more than enough for 5 people. My 8yr old fussy eater proclaimed Lola Maria's Bulalo as his new favorite. Their breakfast buffet is always popular with guests. Get their room package with breakfast included - you won't regret it. Every single staff we have encountered in the restaurant are commendable for their professionalism and friendliness. Thank you all so much for looking after us extremely well.

Facilites: Good size pool. Pool attendants and lifeguard are on duty during pool hours. Filipino board games in the lobby to keep kids entertained. There is also a business centre. Safe is also provided but this is via the front desk,not in the room.

My family and I fell in love with this hotel mainly because of all the staff who have made our stay very comfortable. To all the staff at the front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, security, to everyone even the van driver - thank you all so much! We will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Rooms away from the street are quieter as well.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Janet M
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight for our last day in Manila. I booked here because it would be already close to NAIA. I can't find anything PRO here. We were given a room on the 3rd level and there is no lift. The building is old and rustic style but I think this hotel is really old. The bathroom facilities are very poor and not even average. The toilet seat is not fixed. You can see moulds in the tiles. There is not enough hot water in the shower. WIFI is not working. Location and parking are not convenient. I have to pay for the universal adaptor while other hotels provide this for free. Breakfast is not that bad. But overall, I suggest you look for better one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2000downunder
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Greetings from the Legend Villas,

We appreciate your review and we sincerely apologize that your stay was not comfortable and that there were some concerns with your room.

Please be assured that the areas for improvement have been addressed and improvement on guest services will be done accordingly.

Admittedly, our hotel is not directly close to NAIA however, we have other sister properties under the Kabayan Hotel brand who are within the proximity of our airports.

Again, our apologies and regards.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Legend Villas' coffee shop in Mandaluyong City has a daily buffet spread for only P595!!! When everyone else is doing anywhere between P750 to P3000 for their lunch buffets, this one is the biggest secret in town. Their food very well cooked and presented. And their spread is quite extensive! Service is one of the best I have experienced in Manila, attentive, courteous and efficient staff. Parking is not a problem, valet service available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Vic A
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Mr. Alcuaz,

Thank you for your review and we highly appreciate the commendation. The Legend Villas will continue to offer all time Filipino and international favorites and keep to making sure that all our guests are as delighted as you have been.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends back at Lola Maria Restaurant, The Legend Villas.

A great week ahead and God bless!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here because it is the nearest hotel to my office..... It is fine for a short trip but beware.... If you come with a big luggage, there is no lift, so you will need to lug your luggage along.. Of course, there are porters who can help.

Good thing is, it is a villa-style hotel - homey, rustic & cosy but because it is situated along a busy street, you can hear the traffic from your room. It has a really basic gym facility.. and I really mean basic... Only the treadmill works.. Good thing is, it has a swimming pool.
The breakfast is slightly below average... If u just want to grab a quick bite, it is ok.

At the price of Php3,000+, I think it is overpriced. Given a choice, I will not stay here again.. At least not at that price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 1st floor and away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SueC73
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Warm greetings from the Legend Villas!

Thank you for your valuable feedback which would help us further improve our services and facilities – for our breakfast and our gym facilities.

We are noting on your comments on the price of our rooms and would like to assure you that we do have existing promos and other discounted room rates.

We hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again.

God bless and regards.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Last Jan-Feb 2012 i stayed at this Villa and reviewed this hotel with high ratings and titled it - A Home Away from Home...

Without doubt i made online reservations again with the same Villa last JUNE for my October 2012 trip and booked the same room as i stayed at last (superior room but specificaly requesting their "refurbished" superior rooms)... MUCH to my DISAPPOINTMENT and though i been exchanging emails with their reception from June to a day or two before arrival in Manila confirming airport transfer which is the other request i made... never did they say anything to me that the refurbished room is no longer classified a superior room, in fact they confirmed my booking and confirmed that everything is all good, words to the same effect.

However, upon arrival at the Villa, i was welcomed by their receptionist and then she said something like "i note that you requested the refurbished room sir, if you still want to get that room you will have to pay the difference between a superior and a premier room as the refurbished room is now classified as premier". Firstly, not only were they charging me that day's rates and not the difference as when i made the booking in June but moreso they failed to inform me about this sudden change and let me believe that EVERYTHING was supposed to be okay with my online reservations made in June!!!!

I asked the reception when did this happen.. and she said a week ago they re-classified the refurbished room... I then argued that i made the booking in June where the refurbished room is still classified as a surperior room. And why nothing was said to me when i have been receiving emails from them since June and even the whole week before i arrived in Manila.. They even emailed me the day or two before my 10hr flight and they still confirmed that everything is good to go!

If this was a quick scheme to get more money then they picked the wrong guy! I would have had to pay 600pesos each day (difference of rates that day) times 12days = 7,200pesos extra for my whole stay! Considering i already paid top money for this superior room, i declined of course!

The trust was broken and the feeling of being away from home has totally diminished. Its like your own family member tricking you to giving them money for no reason and nothing in return!!!! I stayed at Legend Villas because i had no choice. If i was given earlier notice i would have amended my booking online with agoda and either change rooms there in june when prices are much cheaper than the day of the arrival in october... but i would most likely cancel my booking (as there is no fee to cancel online reservations with agoda 7-14days prior to check in)...

For the price they charge, their "superior" room (if its not their refurbished types) is not really worth it... there are other hotels nearby now offering same/similar deals for lesser price... and if i had known much ealrier, there were other better hotels with higher star ratings that had special rates online that i could have gone to...

Every hotel must know that retention of customers is the key to the success of its business... Trust is a very important factor in that! When you failed to deliver or you actively or silently led your customers to believe they will get one thing but in reality deliver something else then its WRONG and will negatively affect customer retention...

Its time for me and my family to start looking for a new home when we visit my birth country... as much as i would like to give another positive feedback my experience this time has totally ruined it for me...

Room Tip: I have no idea anymore as they were shady towards me despite knowing i gave them glaring reviews the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ron824

On behalf of the Management and staff of the Legend Villas – we acknowledge that we have failed to deliver excellent service that you and your family were expecting during your stay last month. We apologize for this lapse.

We have also reinforced on product knowledge, customer delight and effective service to all our staff to make sure that no miscommunications or failure in service delivery recurs.

With regard to the price change in our refurbished rooms – we admit that there was an adjustment but we also are able to extend valuable courtesy to regular guests for as long as occupancy permits. It was unfortunate that we were not effectively able to assist you at that time.

Thank you for your honest feedback and we commit to improving and making sure that we deliver with excellence true Filipino hospitality.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Legend Villas after moving from another hotel nearby. We were in Manila for a few weeks and splitting the stay between the other hotel seems like a good idea. The rooms at the villas were..like villas, more like a resort than a hotel. The room we had was a bit big for 2, it was cozy, but a bit dark and feels like the other windows or walls are too close. The pool was kinda murky and too small for adults. The food is acceptable. The service is not really top notch, some crew were ok, others were a stuck up. I got burned paying more because I booked at the front desk vs online which they said was cheaper. if you are already there, they just couldnt get to help you going around that policy. At their current rate, there are better options.

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sunberries
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
Lancaster Hotel Manila
#5 of 22 in Pasig
The Linden Suites
The Linden Suites
#10 of 22 in Pasig

Been to The Legend Villas? Share your experiences!