All reviewsvilla suitemaria restaurantbuffet breakfasthome away from homemandaluyong cityfamily roompool and jacuzzifamily staycationno elevatorreception areafilipino dishesbusy cityholy weekrooms are bigfilipino hospitalityrooms are cleanfood choices
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here because it is the nearest hotel to my office..... It is fine for a short trip but beware.... If you come with a big luggage, there is no lift, so you will need to lug your luggage along.. Of course, there are porters who can help.

Good thing is, it is a villa-style hotel - homey, rustic & cosy but because it is situated along a busy street, you can hear the traffic from your room. It has a really basic gym facility.. and I really mean basic... Only the treadmill works.. Good thing is, it has a swimming pool.
The breakfast is slightly below average... If u just want to grab a quick bite, it is ok.

At the price of Php3,000+, I think it is overpriced. Given a choice, I will not stay here again.. At least not at that price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on 1st floor and away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank SueC73
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Warm greetings from the Legend Villas!

Thank you for your valuable feedback which would help us further improve our services and facilities – for our breakfast and our gym facilities.

We are noting on your comments on the price of our rooms and would like to assure you that we do have existing promos and other discounted room rates.

We hope that you will allow us to be of service to you again.

God bless and regards.

Jesselyn G. Amagan
The Legend Villas

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Last Jan-Feb 2012 i stayed at this Villa and reviewed this hotel with high ratings and titled it - A Home Away from Home...

Without doubt i made online reservations again with the same Villa last JUNE for my October 2012 trip and booked the same room as i stayed at last (superior room but specificaly requesting their "refurbished" superior rooms)... MUCH to my DISAPPOINTMENT and though i been exchanging emails with their reception from June to a day or two before arrival in Manila confirming airport transfer which is the other request i made... never did they say anything to me that the refurbished room is no longer classified a superior room, in fact they confirmed my booking and confirmed that everything is all good, words to the same effect.

However, upon arrival at the Villa, i was welcomed by their receptionist and then she said something like "i note that you requested the refurbished room sir, if you still want to get that room you will have to pay the difference between a superior and a premier room as the refurbished room is now classified as premier". Firstly, not only were they charging me that day's rates and not the difference as when i made the booking in June but moreso they failed to inform me about this sudden change and let me believe that EVERYTHING was supposed to be okay with my online reservations made in June!!!!

I asked the reception when did this happen.. and she said a week ago they re-classified the refurbished room... I then argued that i made the booking in June where the refurbished room is still classified as a surperior room. And why nothing was said to me when i have been receiving emails from them since June and even the whole week before i arrived in Manila.. They even emailed me the day or two before my 10hr flight and they still confirmed that everything is good to go!

If this was a quick scheme to get more money then they picked the wrong guy! I would have had to pay 600pesos each day (difference of rates that day) times 12days = 7,200pesos extra for my whole stay! Considering i already paid top money for this superior room, i declined of course!

The trust was broken and the feeling of being away from home has totally diminished. Its like your own family member tricking you to giving them money for no reason and nothing in return!!!! I stayed at Legend Villas because i had no choice. If i was given earlier notice i would have amended my booking online with agoda and either change rooms there in june when prices are much cheaper than the day of the arrival in october... but i would most likely cancel my booking (as there is no fee to cancel online reservations with agoda 7-14days prior to check in)...

For the price they charge, their "superior" room (if its not their refurbished types) is not really worth it... there are other hotels nearby now offering same/similar deals for lesser price... and if i had known much ealrier, there were other better hotels with higher star ratings that had special rates online that i could have gone to...

Every hotel must know that retention of customers is the key to the success of its business... Trust is a very important factor in that! When you failed to deliver or you actively or silently led your customers to believe they will get one thing but in reality deliver something else then its WRONG and will negatively affect customer retention...

Its time for me and my family to start looking for a new home when we visit my birth country... as much as i would like to give another positive feedback my experience this time has totally ruined it for me...

Room Tip: I have no idea anymore as they were shady towards me despite knowing i gave them glaring reviews the last time i stayed with them... very disappointing!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank ron824

On behalf of the Management and staff of the Legend Villas – we acknowledge that we have failed to deliver excellent service that you and your family were expecting during your stay last month. We apologize for this lapse.

We have also reinforced on product knowledge, customer delight and effective service to all our staff to make sure that no miscommunications or failure in service delivery recurs.

With regard to the price change in our refurbished rooms – we admit that there was an adjustment but we also are able to extend valuable courtesy to regular guests for as long as occupancy permits. It was unfortunate that we were not effectively able to assist you at that time.

Thank you for your honest feedback and we commit to improving and making sure that we deliver with excellence true Filipino hospitality.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Jesselyn G. Amagan
The Legend Villas

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Legend Villas after moving from another hotel nearby. We were in Manila for a few weeks and splitting the stay between the other hotel seems like a good idea. The rooms at the villas were..like villas, more like a resort than a hotel. The room we had was a bit big for 2, it was cozy, but a bit dark and feels like the other windows or walls are too close. The pool was kinda murky and too small for adults. The food is acceptable. The service is not really top notch, some crew were ok, others were a stuck up. I got burned paying more because I booked at the front desk vs online which they said was cheaper. if you are already there, they just couldnt get to help you going around that policy. At their current rate, there are better options.

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sunberries
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost a month so I think I have seen everything that the hotel had to offer...good, bad and ugly.

The hotel's location is definitely convenient. You have enough eating places nearby as there is a mall right opposite to the hotel...but in Manila no matter where you stay, chances are that you find a mall within walking distance. The rates are cheap and if I compare the hotel based on pricing alone, I would say that it's not a bad deal.

The biggest inconvenience for me personally was the food. They only have local Pilipino food. In room dining as well as the only restaurant, everywhere. Ohh...there is the occasional Burger in the menu...but at Php 450+ for 1 burger...I would rather have 8 at Burger king. The morning breakfast for me was included in the package but I skipped it 28 out of 30 days because the only non Pilipino options were bread, egg and fruits.

I read other reviews before about great service at the hotel but I think that the last thing you get. I mean if service for you is not defined by every staff you walk by greeting you every single time. Thats polite but service...far from it. The mission statement of the hotel is "home away from home" but service will keep reminding you that you are indeed far away from home :)

Before I forget...there is indeed a Gym but it only has 2 cycling machine and space for about 3 people before you start banging into each other.

Great thing is the free wifi and the location to some extent and of course if you do like being greeted by every single staff every day

Room Tip: If u dont like climbing stairs ask for a room on ground floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Vikas101010
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at The Legend Villas last earlier this month, we were attending an event in Manila and we were book there.

When we arrived we were greeted by a very homey feel of the lobby. The lobby was small but comfortable. There were problems with our booking but it was later resolved. The staff were very helpful, even if we insisted on bringing our bags they really carried it for us.

Our room was at the second floor of another building so we had to go out and climb a few steps of the stairs. Staircase was very small, and the hallway leading to our room was smaller. My friend who was with me complained that she felt claustrophobic.

When we got to the room, we had two big beds. It was okay but dim, and no natural light. You can open the windows but since we were very close to the building next to us we still can't have enough sunlight. The room was also very low-ceiling. The bathroom was ok but no tub.

If you go out of the hotel, there are a lot of food shops and restaurants around the area. There's a mall just across it so you dont have to worry if you need to eat or buy something.

The following morning we had free buffet breakfast and it was Filipino breakfast. It was what you can expect from a simple hotel. One good thing about our stay at The Legend Villas was the free wi-fi! It was so strong that even in our rooms we had unlimited and uninterrupted access.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business