All reviews villa suite maria restaurant buffet breakfast mandaluyong city family room home away from home family staycation no elevator filipino dishes function room rooms are big reception area two thumbs the hotel staff rooms are clean business trip metro manila
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Last Jan-Feb 2012 i stayed at this Villa and reviewed this hotel with high ratings and titled it - A Home Away from Home...

Without doubt i made online reservations again with the same Villa last JUNE for my October 2012 trip and booked the same room as i stayed at last (superior room but specificaly requesting their "refurbished" superior rooms)... MUCH to my DISAPPOINTMENT and though i been exchanging emails with their reception from June to a day or two before arrival in Manila confirming airport transfer which is the other request i made... never did they say anything to me that the refurbished room is no longer classified a superior room, in fact they confirmed my booking and confirmed that everything is all good, words to the same effect.

However, upon arrival at the Villa, i was welcomed by their receptionist and then she said something like "i note that you requested the refurbished room sir, if you still want to get that room you will have to pay the difference between a superior and a premier room as the refurbished room is now classified as premier". Firstly, not only were they charging me that day's rates and not the difference as when i made the booking in June but moreso they failed to inform me about this sudden change and let me believe that EVERYTHING was supposed to be okay with my online reservations made in June!!!!

I asked the reception when did this happen.. and she said a week ago they re-classified the refurbished room... I then argued that i made the booking in June where the refurbished room is still classified as a surperior room. And why nothing was said to me when i have been receiving emails from them since June and even the whole week before i arrived in Manila.. They even emailed me the day or two before my 10hr flight and they still confirmed that everything is good to go!

If this was a quick scheme to get more money then they picked the wrong guy! I would have had to pay 600pesos each day (difference of rates that day) times 12days = 7,200pesos extra for my whole stay! Considering i already paid top money for this superior room, i declined of course!

The trust was broken and the feeling of being away from home has totally diminished. Its like your own family member tricking you to giving them money for no reason and nothing in return!!!! I stayed at Legend Villas because i had no choice. If i was given earlier notice i would have amended my booking online with agoda and either change rooms there in june when prices are much cheaper than the day of the arrival in october... but i would most likely cancel my booking (as there is no fee to cancel online reservations with agoda 7-14days prior to check in)...

For the price they charge, their "superior" room (if its not their refurbished types) is not really worth it... there are other hotels nearby now offering same/similar deals for lesser price... and if i had known much ealrier, there were other better hotels with higher star ratings that had special rates online that i could have gone to...

Every hotel must know that retention of customers is the key to the success of its business... Trust is a very important factor in that! When you failed to deliver or you actively or silently led your customers to believe they will get one thing but in reality deliver something else then its WRONG and will negatively affect customer retention...

Its time for me and my family to start looking for a new home when we visit my birth country... as much as i would like to give another positive feedback my experience this time has totally ruined it for me...

Room tip: I have no idea anymore as they were shady towards me despite knowing i gave them glaring reviews the last time i stayed with them... very disappointing!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank ron824
LHIC_Corp, General Manager at The Legend Villas, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

On behalf of the Management and staff of the Legend Villas – we acknowledge that we have failed to deliver excellent service that you and your family were expecting during your stay last month. We apologize for this lapse.

We have also reinforced on product knowledge, customer delight and effective service to all our staff to make sure that no miscommunications or failure in service delivery recurs.

With regard to the price change in our refurbished rooms – we admit that there was an adjustment but we also are able to extend valuable courtesy to regular guests for as long as occupancy permits. It was unfortunate that we were not effectively able to assist you at that time.

Thank you for your honest feedback and we commit to improving and making sure that we deliver with excellence true Filipino hospitality.

We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Jesselyn G. Amagan
The Legend Villas

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at the Legend Villas after moving from another hotel nearby. We were in Manila for a few weeks and splitting the stay between the other hotel seems like a good idea. The rooms at the villas were..like villas, more like a resort than a hotel. The room we had was a bit big for 2, it was cozy, but a bit dark and feels like the other windows or walls are too close. The pool was kinda murky and too small for adults. The food is acceptable. The service is not really top notch, some crew were ok, others were a stuck up. I got burned paying more because I booked at the front desk vs online which they said was cheaper. if you are already there, they just couldnt get to help you going around that policy. At their current rate, there are better options.

Room tip: Book online
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank sunberries
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost a month so I think I have seen everything that the hotel had to offer...good, bad and ugly.

The hotel's location is definitely convenient. You have enough eating places nearby as there is a mall right opposite to the hotel...but in Manila no matter where you stay, chances are that you find a mall within walking distance. The rates are cheap and if I compare the hotel based on pricing alone, I would say that it's not a bad deal.

The biggest inconvenience for me personally was the food. They only have local Pilipino food. In room dining as well as the only restaurant, everywhere. Ohh...there is the occasional Burger in the menu...but at Php 450+ for 1 burger...I would rather have 8 at Burger king. The morning breakfast for me was included in the package but I skipped it 28 out of 30 days because the only non Pilipino options were bread, egg and fruits.

I read other reviews before about great service at the hotel but I think that the last thing you get. I mean if service for you is not defined by every staff you walk by greeting you every single time. Thats polite but service...far from it. The mission statement of the hotel is "home away from home" but service will keep reminding you that you are indeed far away from home :)

Before I forget...there is indeed a Gym but it only has 2 cycling machine and space for about 3 people before you start banging into each other.

Great thing is the free wifi and the location to some extent and of course if you do like being greeted by every single staff every day

Room tip: If u dont like climbing stairs ask for a room on ground floor
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Vikas101010
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at The Legend Villas last earlier this month, we were attending an event in Manila and we were book there.

When we arrived we were greeted by a very homey feel of the lobby. The lobby was small but comfortable. There were problems with our booking but it was later resolved. The staff were very helpful, even if we insisted on bringing our bags they really carried it for us.

Our room was at the second floor of another building so we had to go out and climb a few steps of the stairs. Staircase was very small, and the hallway leading to our room was smaller. My friend who was with me complained that she felt claustrophobic.

When we got to the room, we had two big beds. It was okay but dim, and no natural light. You can open the windows but since we were very close to the building next to us we still can't have enough sunlight. The room was also very low-ceiling. The bathroom was ok but no tub.

If you go out of the hotel, there are a lot of food shops and restaurants around the area. There's a mall just across it so you dont have to worry if you need to eat or buy something.

The following morning we had free buffet breakfast and it was Filipino breakfast. It was what you can expect from a simple hotel. One good thing about our stay at The Legend Villas was the free wi-fi! It was so strong that even in our rooms we had unlimited and uninterrupted access.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Eloisagreen
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at Legend Villa for about 14 days during my stay in Manila this Jan/Feb 2012 and i can walk away with praises in general regarding this hotel.

I grew up in Mandaluyong so the location of this hotel is next to perfect - it is walking distance to a shopping centre or a bus/taxi/tricycle/jeep/train away to major shopping malls, gyms, popular restaurants, cinemas, eateries and the like. It is next to EDSA highway if you want to catch a bus or taxi and also walking distance to the MRT Boni station.

Few things i look for in a hotel are Security, Service and Cleanliness and all i found in Legend. There are guards securing both entrance/exit areas. The service/admin staff are always there to assist you in every way. They are also honest and respectful of your property. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious.

Of course, there are some hiccups along the way. There are about 2-3 shifts of staff roster on the reception lobby and this has caused miscommunication between myself and the admin staff regarding bookings and payments. It is very common during my stay that i have had one admin staff confirming payment/booking and the next day being asked by another staff for payment or confirmation of the same. Recording/notation on the database or books of any previous transactions/dealings/communications by previous staff should be emphasised to avoid miscommunications or misunderstandings. Also, the gym is really non-existent with only 3-4 cardio equipments in one very small suffocating room (the glass wall of this tiny gym facing the common area also discourages me from working out where everyone can see me).

Despite the miscommunications i have experienced, however, hats off to the admin staff for dealing with such issues with humilty, politeness, respect and a sense of humour which in my view is the embodiment of a great customer service!!! Everyone makes mistakes but it is how we deal with it that dictates the person you are or the values that this hotel uphold. Kudos to your staff!!!

Whilst we have established that it has a great location, the other two notable aspects of my stay there are worh mentioning - free WIFI and buffet breakfast. Wifi is pretty much existent everywhere in this hotel (from your room to the lobby and even a few metres outside the hotel). Connection is fast and very efficient. The buffet breakfast is sooo yummy... I have lived in Sydney for 16yrs now so i have missed filipino food so much. Their breakfast and the variety of food and deserts are enough to satisfy such cravings. The restaurant staff and chef are so nice as well. But then again, this buffet breakfast is worth 350 pesos which is alot if you just want to eat there...

Finally, i guess it all comes down to pricing of this hotel... it is comparatively expensive to book your holidays here but if you check out Agoda.com (hotel agent), you will find so many good deals for this hotel like i did which is mostly on or around 40% off the standard price. Whilst even with the discount, the hotel may still seem to be expensive (compared to Go Hotel for example), just bear in mind that you are paying for the great customer service, delicous buffet breakfast, nice swimming pool, free WIFI connection and most of all a good hotel room (good size bed, nice toilet, hot shower, etc).

When i go back to Manila in the near future, i will definitely consider booking this hotel again. It is so worth the extra money that you would have spend in Go hotel for example. I totally will recommend this to all my friends here in Sydney and back in the Philippines.

Thank you Legend Villas and all of your friendly staff.

Room tip: Check out agoda.com to find great deals for this hotel. Also, request to stay at their remodelled rooms.
Date of stay: February 2012