All reviewsvilla suitemaria restaurantbuffet breakfasthome away from homemandaluyong cityfamily roompool and jacuzzifamily staycationno elevatorreception areafilipino dishesbusy cityholy weekrooms are bigfilipino hospitalityrooms are cleanfood choices
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at The Legend Villas last earlier this month, we were attending an event in Manila and we were book there.

When we arrived we were greeted by a very homey feel of the lobby. The lobby was small but comfortable. There were problems with our booking but it was later resolved. The staff were very helpful, even if we insisted on bringing our bags they really carried it for us.

Our room was at the second floor of another building so we had to go out and climb a few steps of the stairs. Staircase was very small, and the hallway leading to our room was smaller. My friend who was with me complained that she felt claustrophobic.

When we got to the room, we had two big beds. It was okay but dim, and no natural light. You can open the windows but since we were very close to the building next to us we still can't have enough sunlight. The room was also very low-ceiling. The bathroom was ok but no tub.

If you go out of the hotel, there are a lot of food shops and restaurants around the area. There's a mall just across it so you dont have to worry if you need to eat or buy something.

The following morning we had free buffet breakfast and it was Filipino breakfast. It was what you can expect from a simple hotel. One good thing about our stay at The Legend Villas was the free wi-fi! It was so strong that even in our rooms we had unlimited and uninterrupted access.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eloisagreen
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at Legend Villa for about 14 days during my stay in Manila this Jan/Feb 2012 and i can walk away with praises in general regarding this hotel.

I grew up in Mandaluyong so the location of this hotel is next to perfect - it is walking distance to a shopping centre or a bus/taxi/tricycle/jeep/train away to major shopping malls, gyms, popular restaurants, cinemas, eateries and the like. It is next to EDSA highway if you want to catch a bus or taxi and also walking distance to the MRT Boni station.

Few things i look for in a hotel are Security, Service and Cleanliness and all i found in Legend. There are guards securing both entrance/exit areas. The service/admin staff are always there to assist you in every way. They are also honest and respectful of your property. The hotel rooms are very clean and spacious.

Of course, there are some hiccups along the way. There are about 2-3 shifts of staff roster on the reception lobby and this has caused miscommunication between myself and the admin staff regarding bookings and payments. It is very common during my stay that i have had one admin staff confirming payment/booking and the next day being asked by another staff for payment or confirmation of the same. Recording/notation on the database or books of any previous transactions/dealings/communications by previous staff should be emphasised to avoid miscommunications or misunderstandings. Also, the gym is really non-existent with only 3-4 cardio equipments in one very small suffocating room (the glass wall of this tiny gym facing the common area also discourages me from working out where everyone can see me).

Despite the miscommunications i have experienced, however, hats off to the admin staff for dealing with such issues with humilty, politeness, respect and a sense of humour which in my view is the embodiment of a great customer service!!! Everyone makes mistakes but it is how we deal with it that dictates the person you are or the values that this hotel uphold. Kudos to your staff!!!

Whilst we have established that it has a great location, the other two notable aspects of my stay there are worh mentioning - free WIFI and buffet breakfast. Wifi is pretty much existent everywhere in this hotel (from your room to the lobby and even a few metres outside the hotel). Connection is fast and very efficient. The buffet breakfast is sooo yummy... I have lived in Sydney for 16yrs now so i have missed filipino food so much. Their breakfast and the variety of food and deserts are enough to satisfy such cravings. The restaurant staff and chef are so nice as well. But then again, this buffet breakfast is worth 350 pesos which is alot if you just want to eat there...

Finally, i guess it all comes down to pricing of this hotel... it is comparatively expensive to book your holidays here but if you check out Agoda.com (hotel agent), you will find so many good deals for this hotel like i did which is mostly on or around 40% off the standard price. Whilst even with the discount, the hotel may still seem to be expensive (compared to Go Hotel for example), just bear in mind that you are paying for the great customer service, delicous buffet breakfast, nice swimming pool, free WIFI connection and most of all a good hotel room (good size bed, nice toilet, hot shower, etc).

When i go back to Manila in the near future, i will definitely consider booking this hotel again. It is so worth the extra money that you would have spend in Go hotel for example. I totally will recommend this to all my friends here in Sydney and back in the Philippines.

Thank you Legend Villas and all of your friendly staff.

Room Tip: Check out agoda.com to find great deals for this hotel. Also, request to stay at their remodelled rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Thank you Legend Villas and all of your friendly staff.

Room Tip: Check out agoda.com for great discounted deals on this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ron824
Reviewed January 7, 2012

stayed here for one night between arriving in manila and flying out to davao the next day..short taxi ride to british embassy, staff were friendly,happy to serve you,i was put up in one of the newly remodeled rooms which was good,clean with nice new lcd tv...bathroom was acceptable..mostly filipinos were using this hotel ,so the odd banging of room doors etc..breakfast was buffet and yet again was acceptable...al in all 3/5 for the hotel..clean ,friendly staff..

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank richie5817
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for five nights as my client was situated nearby and they apparently had a special rate with the hotel.

Upon checking-in, I did notice the sign “Rated by tripadvisor.co.uk” which was mentioned in another review in this site. I found this sign quite odd (and funny) as one can be ranked dead-last but still claim to be rated! I was asked for a 1000 peso deposit to cover incidentals. Oddly enough though, upon entering the room, there was no mini-bar as the refrigerator was empty!

My room was on the 3rd floor in the Bougainvillea wing but there were no lifts. My 23 kg bag had to be carried by the porter up the tight stairs. Upon check-out, I had to carry my bag down myself.

This hotel is beside the VERY, VERY BUSY Pioneer Street. Without fail, I’d be awake at around 430 am everyday due to the traffic, car horns, etc. from the street and the noise stays till late at night.

The room, while clean, is a bit dated. The room does not have a clock and lacks many essential amenities. I nearly ran out of toilet paper once and there was no replacement roll on standby. The TV in the room is a throwback to the past of big, fat CRT TVs.

On my first night, I got a call from reception asking me if everything was all right. While I appreciate the good intention of the caller, I had decided to call it an early night and was not really pleased in answering a call while I was sound asleep!

I had a quick dinner one night at the restaurant and while I was pleased at the service, it was somehow tarnished when I was quickly asked to accomplish a feedback form (as if the waiters were just acting to get good feedback).

Save for the proximity to my client, the location is its main drawback as it is located on a busy street. Clearly, this is not a business hotel and if you value your sleep then and it would be best to look at other options.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business