New Horizon Hotel
$351
$182
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
The Legend Villas(Mandaluyong)(Great Value!)
$64
Good 3.5/5
$21
$18
  • Restaurant
Hop Inn Hotel Makati Avenue Manila(Makati)(Great Value!)
$26
$24
Very Good 4/5
Artina Suites Hotel(Makati)(Great Value!)
$32
$25
$27
Orbitz.com
$117
$109
Great 4.5/5
Richville Hotel(Mandaluyong)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Average 3/5
All reviewsboni mrt stationbuffet breakfastrooms are spacioustop sheetinstant coffeemoney's worthwake up callfront desk personnelflat screen tvedsamanilamallsofa2nightsreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2013

as we have been to this hotel almost every time we come to the Philippines ,we can honestly say
why go elsewhere . if you are looking for a large suite ,good service , great breakfast ,friendly staff ,close to the CBD ,and the shopping centre ,and not forgetting the overall cost of your stay..
than this is the hotel for you ,

Room Tip: we prefer to stay at the entrance side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank culubcub2nd
GMNHH, General Manager at New Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear guest,
On behalf of all staff I like to thank you for the positive review that you wrote regarding your stay in our hotel. We appreciate your comment a lot!
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

From the exterior it does not compare to other high class hotels....,but the saying don't judge a book by it's cover definitely applies here. Once in, you will enjoy it's simple elegance. You will feel that you are in a quality property, yet not one of those where you are surrounded by high class culture that you feel intimidated going out unmade-up or in simple clothing. The staff respects you and will treat you the same no matter how you look or how you are dressed. Not once did I encounter a staff member who did not greet me with a smile. I have to say this...., I am Filipino and it is not a hidden secret that Filipinos tend to treat foreigners better, yet I did not see or feel that in this hotel. Rooms are clean, hallways and public spaces are impeccable, modern features, great wi-fi connection, a bathroom you would want to have in your own home, better than good size living space (I could only guarantee that last description on the horizon suite category because that's the only one I have tried so far), excellent customer service, and superb breakfast buffet (I can't think of anywhere else I have had a breakfast inclusion better than this other than a cruise ship), yes the selection is limited but the food is wonderful. Now the location, I can't decide how I feel about this one so I will just allow the reader to form their own opinion. It is in a central location, in the middle of everything (high end malls with gourmet pricy menus, middle class malls with reasonably priced restaurants and food courts, local markets with cheap street food (eat at your own risk). All kinds of transportation to choose from right outside the property. Trycicles, jeepneys, buses, MRT (subway system but it's above the street), and taxis. Those are the positive side of the location. The negative will be the noise, the crowd, the pollution, and the dirt. But I think the negative aspects are a given, you want to be in a central location, you deal with it. So overall, I am greatly impressed. I am in the Philippines for 12 days and had pre-arranged other lodgings so I was only going to stay here for the first two nights then move on. I have extended it another night and wish that I had just planned on staying here the entire trip. Well next time I know....., yes there will definitely be a next time as long as they maintain their quality of space and service.

Room Tip: Edsa, the main highway, has all kinds of flashing blind your eyes bright billboards, my room (319) faces one of those that it always seem as if the sun is up. The room curtain is not dark enough to shield it. So for a good night sleep, request for a room that does not face one of those.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank experiencecollector

Dear Guest,
We are very delighted with the positive review that you wrote regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad that you liked the room, the food and the service.
On behalf of the staff I like to thank you for these positive words, it means a lot to us!
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I did not expect much from this hotel and it came as a surprise that it is actually worth it - perhaps more. The staff are well trained and hold up to world standards in customer service. They know how to greet the customers and are well informed on the proper approach to customer satisfaction.

The breakfast buffet and meals are decent. The location is of course a big plus as it just a few strides from what seems to be a jeepney, bus and a monorail junction. I am not certain of the noise as I did not remember complaining about it.

The room was clean, furnishings are good and overall the place is recommendable at its price. The only thing that went wrong with our stay at this hotel is that the taxi service that the hotel provided drove us around in circles just to get us and our luggage accross to the other side of the highway. What would have been a 10 minute walk and traverse over the road overpass, took 30 minutes to drive. Not knowing that I am a local of the area, the taxi driver drove us all the way to Ortigas just to get us to Pioneer (to extend the travel time and fare). I corrected his route and called the hotel front desk and informed them of this unnacceptable activity and I hope they get their taxi service checked.

Other than the taxi cheat, which un-seasoned travelers in the Philippines should be aware of, I completely recommend this hotel if you are in within the vicinity of Mandaluyong City

Room Tip: Try to stay as far away from the EDSA Highway
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay in our hotel.
We are very flattered to read that we provided you "world standards".
When it comes to your bad taxi-experience we can say that the taxi's are also out of our control. The only thing that we can do is to inform the management of the taxi company regarding any incident that happens to our guests and in most cases the taxi-management takes corrective actions. Therefore, our security guards logs all taxi's coming in and going out of our hotel. With our CCTV camera's we can also trace all in- and out movements and the video footage is stored on a hard disk. For any taxi-violation that happened we advise the guest to report it immediately to our front desk personnel so that we can inform their company.
Thank you for staying in our hotel!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is only about a 500 peso ride in a taxi from the airport. I have stayed here at least 20 times since 2008 here with my family!!! I've stayed in every type of room they have. The Breakfast is excellent, and the bar makes you feel like a king. The room service is great!!! The only thing they need is a pool!!! Best hotel in Metro Manila by far!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sc0tt513
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Actually I gave this place a good review the last time I stayed here and some of the remarks are still valid. It isn't a bad place to stay, but that is compared to other hotels in Manila. You don't find good ones too easily. Western managed, so things are looked after better than otherwise. This time though as we needed room for three, I booked the "Royal Suite". Well, if you are going to call a room “The Royal Suite”and furnish it with beds with steel frames that look like something that came from an old TB hospital and a horrible plastic three piece suite, then don't expect a rave revues about the room! To call it The Royal Suite is a joke. One room had a normal double bed and the other had two single beds with these most horrible exposed steel frames. The room though was clean and functional and served the purpose.
The staff are great. No complaints there and the food we were served in the room was good. You could put a decent continental breakfast together, with high quality conserves and butter and lovely little croissants. Filipino breakfasts looked good too. Full marks too for their internet connection. Free and a very good connection.
I was certainly disappointed with the room and if I stay again, I will go for the basic room.
The hotel is a nice place to arrive at and on departure, they organise taxis for you, which all have proved to be the most decent taxi drivers I have experienced in Manila. The hotel doesn't involve itself in taxi price scams which is massively to their credit. The staff like tips of course, but you don't get the impression of any pressure. It looks like the staff have been well trained in that department. I like the hotel. The lack of decent mid market hotels in Manila means that they can get their price, but for what they charge, they really should throw out those steel framed beds!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ianthailand999
GMNHH, General Manager at New Horizon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel.
I read your review very carefully and I noticed that you are very happy with the room, the staff, the service, the management and the food. Your only concern was regarding the two roll-away beds. Please allow me to explain what happened: The standard set-up of a Royal Suite is just one (high quality) Queen-size bed located in a separate bedroom. The living room has a Sofa set (3+1+1), a dining table and writing desk.
Since you asked for two extra beds, we installed two roll-away beds in your living room.
The roll-away beds are only used as EXTRA beds. This a common practice in almost every hotel.
The roll-away beds have a metal frame so that the bed can be folded for easy storage.
If ever you want an additional "real" bed than you can make a special request for that but please let us know in advance, we a a few spare "real" beds available.
My sincere thanks for your valuable comments. We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Marc