This restaurant has been receiving good feedback from several blogs so I went to try it. To those who want to make a reservation for dinner, it's only till 7PM.
Upon entry, the walls are decorated with wood and plants, making a very "green" ambience. They also provided a window where you can see the chefs preparing your food. Everything in the menu is organic and healthy, they also have a make-your-own salad bar, but we didn't try it yet.
Being new and do not really know what's good except for the vintage menu and ingredients that will make your mouth water, we ordered the following:
- Harvest Chowder - made with river shrimps (but sadly, there is only one shrimp present in our soup, so they should have omitted the "s"), squash, bacon, potato, and corn with light cream. This is a good starter as it, in a way fills, but still creates appetite.
- Fried Mushrooms - taste wise is good, but for the price of one large mushroom and three small ones, I find it pretty expensive. The vinaigrette is served in a spray bottle...something unique.
- Sliders - it is a sampler platter of mini versions of their three burgers:
1. 80/20 burger - 80% wagyu beef, 20% double smoked organic panchetta with house made stracciatella and buttered brioche. You can really taste the pure beef here. They also have a Kim-Cheese burger - its home made cheddar cheese, organic kimchee, bulgogi glaze, cucumber and carrots.
2. Blue Ribbon Burger - made with grilled freshly ground Kitayama Wagyu Blend (shortrib, chuck, and brisket) with Roquefort bleu cheese butter and grilled Brioche. I like this out of the three!
3. Vegetarian Burger that doesn't suck - made with 100% vegetarian burger made with organic chickpea, mushrooms, leeks, celery and eggplant with housemade cheddar cheese in a potato bun. This tasted good, and for a vegetarian burger, it truly doesn't suck.
But out of these three, I really like the side serving of fries with cumin mayo...the cumin mayo was to die for!
- for drinks, we ordered Organic Melon Green Tea and Hibiscus Tea...all of their drinks use honey as sweetener.
Most of their servings are big, and enough to share.
Overall, ambiance is relaxing and eating organic, healthy, and delicious food is rewarding. We will be back to try other dishes next time.