“Healthy, Organic, and Delicious”
Review of Green pastures

Green pastures
Ranked #8 of 505 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This restaurant has been receiving good feedback from several blogs so I went to try it. To those who want to make a reservation for dinner, it's only till 7PM.

Upon entry, the walls are decorated with wood and plants, making a very "green" ambience. They also provided a window where you can see the chefs preparing your food. Everything in the menu is organic and healthy, they also have a make-your-own salad bar, but we didn't try it yet.

Being new and do not really know what's good except for the vintage menu and ingredients that will make your mouth water, we ordered the following:
- Harvest Chowder - made with river shrimps (but sadly, there is only one shrimp present in our soup, so they should have omitted the "s"), squash, bacon, potato, and corn with light cream. This is a good starter as it, in a way fills, but still creates appetite.
- Fried Mushrooms - taste wise is good, but for the price of one large mushroom and three small ones, I find it pretty expensive. The vinaigrette is served in a spray bottle...something unique.
- Sliders - it is a sampler platter of mini versions of their three burgers:
1. 80/20 burger - 80% wagyu beef, 20% double smoked organic panchetta with house made stracciatella and buttered brioche. You can really taste the pure beef here. They also have a Kim-Cheese burger - its home made cheddar cheese, organic kimchee, bulgogi glaze, cucumber and carrots.
2. Blue Ribbon Burger - made with grilled freshly ground Kitayama Wagyu Blend (shortrib, chuck, and brisket) with Roquefort bleu cheese butter and grilled Brioche. I like this out of the three!
3. Vegetarian Burger that doesn't suck - made with 100% vegetarian burger made with organic chickpea, mushrooms, leeks, celery and eggplant with housemade cheddar cheese in a potato bun. This tasted good, and for a vegetarian burger, it truly doesn't suck.
But out of these three, I really like the side serving of fries with cumin mayo...the cumin mayo was to die for!
- for drinks, we ordered Organic Melon Green Tea and Hibiscus Tea...all of their drinks use honey as sweetener.

Most of their servings are big, and enough to share.

Overall, ambiance is relaxing and eating organic, healthy, and delicious food is rewarding. We will be back to try other dishes next time.

2  Thank cookingmasterboy

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went there for lunch with a good friend who knew what to order and all.
We got there early (before 12pm) though it was already starting to get filled up and a lot of people reserving tables. It's a really in-demand restaurant.

We ordered the TEQUILA JOE'S ORGANIC BEEF SLOPPY COW, a New Salad (that I can't remember the name), Duck Fat Fries, Cioppino (seafood in tomato broth), Organic Melon Green Tea (refillable is recommended) and Dalandan Juice (refillable also).

The salad was uber fresh and came huge! I liked that it's been cut-up well that portioning was easy. The Duck Fries were so flavourful! I like how the fries were with skin - healthy! The Cioppino's seafood was so fresh that I've only experienced this in really really good seafood specialized restaurants. The mussels were so silky that it just went down my throat at an instant! I really enjoyed the mussels than the clams - and I'm not a real shellfish lover. I liked the green tea ice tea and that it's refillable. Not a lot of places in Manila has this option especially in really nice organic (farm to table) restaurants.
I love the tender chunks of the Sloppy Cow though we didn't have room anymore for the rice.

The service was okay...we had to always tell them to refill our drinks, more napkins, bill, etc. It was busier, which could be a reason but still...there were so many waiters (even assigned outside) and yet they do not look around or be alert to be called. There were quite a few times that I was already loud enough to yell for them to come over or help us on something. Oh well...the food and company were too good to spoil our lunch, I suppose.

Ambiance...we didn't stay inside where the walled plants were so I couldn't really comment much aside from the area where we were was clean...though I think there are quite a few fruit flies since I got one in my water glass when I sat on our table then again in my ice tea in the middle of my meal. oh well...

Two things they need to improve...
(1) training of waiters to be alert and vigilant since the restaurant can get pretty busy and it would be so uncivilized to start yelling waiters for assistance, most especially when they are already assigned per area.

(2) ensure area is free from insects, fruit flies or otherwise.

One important tip for me especially if I bring the kids is to tell them to make all the dishes with "less salt" since they have a tendency to have a saltier palette than us.
Also, go early since bookings are limited!!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's a late lunch but i still have to queue for a table. That's how popular this place is. It appears that food lovers are getting conscious of the importance of eating 'au naturalle' ( organic), no MSG food. Green Pasture is the place to be.
Maybe it is the practice to wait for a table. Get your name listed, provide your mobile number. If you want to wait, they have chairs outside the resto where you can stay. Otherwise,you can walk inside the mall & wait for their text message or call when your table is ready.
Should you decide to wait for a table, you can get their food list & order so you do not need to wait for a long time to have your food ready. Anyways, their appertizers & salads are served fast!

Do not miss the Farmhouse Salad. It's a little bit sweet ( with honey), so maybe, you need to ask for some salt just to make it taste a little bit something. Go for the organic chicken ( or garden chicken), which is surprisingly, very tender & tasty.

For drinks, go for the melon tea refillable. Really refreshing!

Then for dessert, try the honeycomb with milk,eggs, honey & yogurt. Really yummy! Partner this with Sagada coffee - Bam! It's a great meal.

Place is not pricy ( if you are eating with 2-3 people). So make sure to bring company.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I don't know if we wear just unlucky but we went here for a Xmas get together last dec 28 and did not have a good experience
.1. Note that the resto itself is very small so most of the seating are outside the resto in the corridor/open area so the mall, so there is really no ambiance to speak of
2. Service was very slow . It was very hard to get the waiters attention whenever we needed something . Even the bill took too long.
3. We ordered the roast chicken and after waiting so long for it, it came to us still bloody inside. And again so long to re-cook it
4. The salad and pasta we ordered were ok but nothing spectacular; considering the high prices of such
I would not go back here. Maybe they were understaffed on this day but I wouldn't risk it again.

1  Thank nikie l
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Robby Goco has a magic touch when it comes to restaurants: owner and Head Chef of Cyma (eight outlets across the Philippines); Charlie’s Grind & Grill; Achiote, and now, his latest venture, Green Pastures. Farm-to-fork back-to-basics, organic, and locally sourced ingredients, you name it, Goco has covered all the latest trends in dining.
Its name is a lovely play on the idiom, “greener pastures,” although it is not Robby’s first attempt to follow a trend for organic cuisine. Of his restaurant Cyma, Goco once said: “Good, natural, healthy food is a right to be enjoyed. It is not a privilege for just a few lucky ones, “ and this applies equally well to Green Pastures.
I found Green Pastures in the bright, light, new East wing of the Shang Plaza in Ortigas, only a week after it had opened, and Robby was off to a flying start! We were greeted at the entrance by Betty Sue and Mary Kate in plaid shirts, jeans and braids. It’s all terribly twee, but the food is well worth braving a little kitsch for. Also, the décor – booths by the window, intimate wooden tables with and brightly coloured metal chairs, if not exactly rustic, creates a warm, inviting atmosphere. And the smiles seem genuine.
The menu is an eclectic mix of Pinoy and international dishes, many of which are vegetarian. In fact, we lunched entirely without meat, and it was all delicious. Robby has cleverly catered to everyone’s favourite tastes: carbonara and braised suckling pig; fish and chips and bangus sardines; fiddlehead ferns and Mykonos salad, and a spaghetti with crab meat and sea urchin sauce.
Sticking with the ‘down home’ theme, many dishes are served on wooden boards, while flavoured butters, mustards and mayos arrive in small tin tubs.
We began with a delicious bowl of minestrone. Flavourful and fresh, the vegetables were still al dente, and my only complaint is that the broad shallow bowl it was served in looked effective, but cooled the soup too fast. I guess that is probably not something Filipinos would complain about, but I enjoy my soup blistering hot.
The next course was a little staggered – I do like it when we can all eat together – but the Veggie burger and chips, sprinkled in parmesan had us all reaching to ‘share’ and dip chips into the cumin flavoured mayonnaise. And the burger was excellent and as the menu suggests, definitely ‘doesn’t suck’
A large, soft seeded bread roll stuffed with caramelized onions, and served with a surprisingly effective honey and dijon mustard flavoured butter was also shared around the table with enthusiasm.

And the mushroom bruschetta – a mix of Asian and European mushrooms arrived on really crunchy toast and as the menu had promised, it was teeming with great flavours.

We debated dipping into the make-your-own salad bar, but decided that would be over-doing it and we would save that experience till next time.
Assuming that every dish is as successful as the ones we tried, we loved Goco’s new place. There is a whole page of healthy ‘liquid provisions,’ where you can choose from organic teas, fruit smoothies, and cold pressed elixirs designed to satisfy, detoxify, purify and energize.
As for the desserts, Robbie himself delivered his two favourites for us to sample: salted caramel ice-cream with popcorn crunch and homemade chocolate sauce, and honey comb topped with lemon curd and Greek yoghurt. Totally scrumptious!
Another popular trend that Robbie has engineered? An open kitchen, so you can watch your meal being prepared through the hatch. Enjoy!