“Nothing extraordinary”

J. Co Donuts and Coffee At SM Megamall
Ranked #6 of 7 Bakeries in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My friends insisted on lining up and grabbing a box of J.Co donuts. We unanimously thought lining up was a bad idea after all. What we got was simply an overrated box of ordinary looking and tasting donuts. A donut that costs PHP 42.00 each should stand out on its taste and presentation. However, my J.Co donuts were hastily and messily placed in a box, the food attendant was not listening to my orders, and the taste was flat....not even super-sweet or creamy....just flat. Nothing extraordinary.

1  Thank saint28daisy

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Love the KitKat donut... also the coffee caramel... also the nutty creme (not sure about the name)... love the black forest...

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was here during the opening of this branch in 2012. It had a long queue so I had to go about my business for the day and returned in the afternon when the crowd was lesser. Since then, I usually stop by at J.Co while waiting for the mall to open.

My favorite is their alcapone donuts. I love cashew nuts and it's loaded with cashew slivers. It's creamy and not too sweet.

Tip: Eat it while it's hot. Heating it after it has gone cold is not good. I tried it and I don't recommend. Krispy Kreme even if it is cold is still delicious!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just last year (2012) I discovered J. Co when I was interviewed by a bunch of students for their project. They treated me my first donut here and I can say that it's one of the finest donut i've ever had since then. I'm not a sweets enthusiast but more into something creamy.

After that experience, I told my wife about this establishment (she's the one with the sweet tooth) and she loved it, quickly changing her loyalty from krispy kreme to J. Co.

The staff are friendly enough to assist my wife find their best sellers (which she say that their service is really good).

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The taste can very well compensate for the long queue..well, its really worth the wait..not too sweet and soft, plus the frontliners are friendly..