Lowest prices for your stay
$111
Hotels.com$118
Trip.com$118
Destinia.com$142
2,298 results
All reviews garden wing heat restaurant chi spa summer palace horizon club health club lobby lounge breakfast buffet pool area in room dining fitness center favorite hotel mall manila renovation staycation traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019

I have now stayed here a number of times for work in the area and can never fault it, I also bring clients here who are always happy with the service. A huge thank you on this occasion to Kevin on the front desk who is professional and extremely patient when sorting out our numerous bills on departure, as we have to have these separated into type for our company. Thanks again for another lovely stay I look forward to returning in October.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Marco_Vazzoler, General Manager at Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Dear emmatoby,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am truly delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and enjoyed the service provided by our team. Please know that your feedback is encouraging as we strive to provide our guests a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Some notable people: June who picked me up from the airport was really engaging. Dax at the gym was super helpful and encouraging. Sweet at HEAT breakfast was pleasant start to the day. Jim at checkout was efficient and courteous at 4:50am! I hope to return soon to enjoy the facilities of this beautiful hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear AdenoONG,

Thank you for taking the time to pen such a nice review. It is a pleasure to be able to accommodate you and glad to know you loved our room and facilities. Please know that we are always committed to providing the finest service and facilities to our guests who hopefully will leave with many fond memories. Once again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

I am a fan of Shangri-La hotels and I picked Edsa Shang mainly for their kiddie pool. Stayed for three nights and was very disappointed in some aspects of our stay.

1. Room smelled moldy and ac was not working well (engineering was able to fix the ac though which was great). Only confirmed my suspicion that the room smelled funky on our second night when my cousin who works in hotels abroad mentioned it and I was able to confirm firsthand by comparing the smell with our friend’s room. Wanted to move to a different room for our last night but only got back at 7pm and by then we were all just tired. Having a kid and baby and loads of stuff to transfer is a mountain of a feat.

2. Temperature of the shower fluctuates. We were at garden wing and my other friend was in tower. He said he experienced the same. Fluctuating temps is very challenging for a baby bath.

3. Hair dryer is plugged inside one of the drawers of the writing desk. Not to mention that the cord is very short. I don’t know why it would be attached to the desk. Hair dryers should be in the bathroom. Had to wait for more than thirty minutes for room attendant to secure a detached hair dryer so I can dry my older daughter‘s hair in the bathroom without waking up the sleeping baby.

4. Hair found in the tub upon our arrival. It’s a minor issue but it’s still disgusting.

5. Had to wait more than twenty minutes for more toiletries. I eventually just popped my head out in the hall and asked a housekeeper cleaning another room for what I needed.

6. Also had to wait a long time for a bellhop to help us with our luggage upon checkout. I had to physically get a bellhop from the lobby.

7. Heat experience on 7/28 breakfast was awful. We were 12 in our party- mix of adults and small children. We were situated at the kelvin room. We had to ask for our plates to be cleared and our drinks to be refilled multiple times. We felt so isolated amidst a bustling restaurant. We didn’t get the service we expected and paid for. Food was just alright. Nothing I’ll come back for. They may have had a staffing issue at Heat but they know it’s crowded during the weekends so they should have staffed up. The Japanese selection was pitiful. Better to just remove it entirely than force having a Japanese menu.

I spoke with the duty manager before leaving the hotel. She asked whether I reported the smell of the room, the hair in the tub, the slow service at Heat and I said I would have if my hands weren’t too full with my kids.

And this is Shangri-La! There is an expectation of stellar service without having to be told.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kfdhenson
Marco_Vazzoler, General Manager at Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear kfdhenson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies as we are deeply embarrassed about this experience. At Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. It is evident that we have fallen short of the expectation that we have set for ourselves and you are certainly entitled to expect. We have gathered our team to address this immediately so we can avoid a similar experience in the future. Once again, thank you for being so kind to let us know about your experience. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

Rooms are clean and location is convenient. Service is bad especially at the breakfast buffet and the food isn’t that great either. My worst experience was when I used the gym facilities in the morning. The lady there was downright rude and acted like I can’t afford to use the gym facilities. Didn’t even offer a greeting, just gave me a head to toe look.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank cmgtravel

Dear cmgtravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I read with concern of your experience and regret that we have let your down. At Edsa Shangri-La, Manila, we pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of care and hospitality to all our guests. It is evident that we have fallen short of the expectation that we have set for ourselves and you are certainly entitled to expect. We assure you that this has been discussed with our whole team so we can avoid a similar experience in the future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 25, 2019

The room was cosy and big. The bed was comfy and I really slept well. The in-room dining is prompt and delicious and the service is excellent. You must try the Chi Spa -- its like an oasis amongst the chaos. The lobby lounge is spacious and I enjoyed sitting there working and having my meetings. The internet connection was hassle free, seamless and multiple devices could use it without any problems -- a far cry from some hotels who put limits, make you jump through hoops to log in or the you keep losing signals.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank sheosrai

Dear sheosrai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is indeed a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay experience and that you enjoyed the courteous service provided by our team. We look forward to having you with us again soon.