Edsa Shangri-La
Richville Hotel(Mandaluyong)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
1,961 results
All reviewsgarden wingheat restaurantchi spasummer palacehorizon clubhealth clubbreakfast buffetlobby loungepool areabusiness tripin room diningmetro manilafitness centerfavorite hotelhome away from homefive star hotelchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I made a function room reservation at HEAT, 1st by phone then after a few days in person at reservations desk. I was hoping to reserve the Fahrenheit Rm. but was told that it was taken so i had to settle for the Celcius & Kelvin RMs. I asked the lady staff at reservation if they would require a down payment for the reservation made and she said "yes". I Asked her again when the downpayment is required, she replied "one week before the reserved date." I paid the downpayment 8 days before the reserved date with O.R. to prove it. I called reservation again 2 days before the event, but was informed by Ms. Chevy of HEAT that there was still no downpayment made for the Fahrenheit Rm. Ms. Chevy told me that she will text me or return my call and even verified my mobile no. But she did not. I called again and was able to talk Ms. Ro Anne who said she will verify my concern & call me, again she did not call. This is very unfair treatment of customers of the Hotel. HEAT reservation staff are not consistent in treatment of customers. They just want to take customer's money but they have lousy customer service!

Room Tip: do not believe staff when asked to pay downpayment for function room reservation at restaurant, phone call reservation will do
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amosco y
Patrick S, General Manager at Edsa Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Amosco Y,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.

Please be assured that we take your concerns very seriously and are committed in proving quality service and hospitality to all our guests. If possible, it would be greatly appreciate if you could provide us with your contact information in order for us to better understand your concerns to help improve on our service.

We hope to hear from you soon, through esl@shangri-la.com or (63 2) 633 8888 and look forward to hosting you again at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Schaub

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Was allocated a room below the renovations. Totally horrible. Called up and was ensure the renovation has stopped at 6pm but at 930pm and the renovations are still going on despite complains made twice. Totally ridiculous by allocating guest to the room below renovation in the first place. And the whole level 6 including the room basically STINKS. Shower amenities was not refilled. Mini bar was not refilled. Poor.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Ms. Fiona B,

Thank you for considering Edsa Shangri-La, Manila on your recent trip to the Philippines. Having gone over your concerns, we sincerely apologize for not having met your expectations during this trip.

We have shared your feedback with the management team. Please be assured that the issues raised will be addressed accordingly to better our facilities and services while renovations are ongoing.

We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again to restore your confidence in our Shangri-La brand of hospitality. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (632) 633 8888, or you can e-mail me at esl@shangri-la.com.

Patrick Schaub

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed a week at Shangrila Edsa for business. We ate sometimes in Heat restaurant and found this very good but our company had set up food during our stay and this was not so good but probably not the fault of Shangri la. I had a room on the 5th floor and it was clean but old. TV old crt but they were doing renovation. One thing i misliked was the noise from the renovation after 6pm. Believe this should have stopped around 5pm so when people came back from work or shopping they could relax and not listen to drilling for an hour before dinner. Very annoying. The layout of the hotel is also a bit tricky with very few signs around the lobby and basement. I have always been a fan of Shangri La and have stayed in their resort in Cebu multiple times and always been very satisfied. Believe that Shangri La Edsa is a more business hotel and cater to that in a good way. Location is both good and bad, close to SM, Shangri La Plaza and Robinson but the area is a big construction lot and you have to be careful walking around. Transportation to Makati is easy with taxi but traffic is terrible in the morning and afternoon even into evening so the short distance takes a long time. LRT is just beside the hotel but it is also very cramped.

Room Tip: Get a new renovated room on the top floors
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days whilst in Manilla. It's an impressive hotel that is well located close to the business districts and not too far from the airport. Currently in the midst of a refurbishment of the swimming pool area so this was unavailable. Impressive garden area to walk around though.
The hotel is full of staff seemingly 24/7. Service is pretty much excellent throughout and a choice of eating places and restaurants. E's bar was a bit of a strange place, music was dreadful and empty much of the time.
It's close to the main shopping centres of Shangri La plaza (connected by walkway) and the even more impressive SM Mega Mall only a 5 min walk away.
On the whole it's very good if very expensive, but for the army of staff and amenities it's reasonable enough for 5*accommodation.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The service here was impeccable. Room was nice and clean despite being an “old” room not yet renovated. Love the proximity to shopping and restaurants, both sitdown and fast food, and also the availability and choices of restaurants at the hotel itself. Was great for me on a business trip with my 11 year old in tow. Only wish pool was completed. Sounds like it will be great fun for both adults and kids.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com