Edsa Shangri-La
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Richville Hotel(Mandaluyong)
1,962 results
All reviewsgarden wingheat restaurantchi spasummer palacehorizon clubhealth clubbreakfast buffetlobby loungepool areabusiness tripin room diningmetro manilafitness centerfavorite hotelhome away from homefive star hotelchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Pleased to have 3 complimentary items everyday being a jade member.

Nice bed and well equipped bathroom ...

Ps : I do not recall seeing comb in the bathroom .

Location good as it is near a few malls.

Seem to me. Breakfast item did not change for the past year but it is still the best

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in a club room. I I checked in at the main reception . My room was in the Garden Wing a bit of a walk and I wasn't accompanied to the room . The club lounge is ok nothing special and the food is average. It wasn't replenished as often as it should be. The bar is only open between 5pm 7pm. I invited a friend one time who was also staying at the hotel to join me for a glass of wine which my friend didn't like and costs over 20 pounds sterling :-( . The hotel has a great location all within 2 minutes walk to malls , restaurants and transportation . But I find it too noisy, there's a lot of people in the lobby . It's not a very peaceful place to be . The pool is ok not very inviting I feel like there is no privacy , it's overlooked . On two occasions on the way to the Club lounge ( ground floor reception) there was a very unpleasant smell ( sewage) which I've mentioned to the lady by the lift. I must have a very sensitive nose because she can't smell it. My room is ok , the view is terrible, back of grey buildings . I didn't feel at home at all . I booked a club room because I always feel there is a personalized service especially in a big hotel like this. But , the ladies in the club lounge desk ( 3 of them sometimes) are always busy looking at their computer for some reason. During my 4 days stay I have never ever heard them ever addressed me by my name. It seems that they didn't care. Ok, you can't remember all the guests name but they never tried to give a personalized service that's why they can't remember who their guests are, points for them to ponder? Though I had a more positive experience in their other Shang-ri La's , Makati, Boracay, Hongkong & Shanghai .

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Edsa Shangri-la is a lovely Hotel comprising of two towers - the Garden Wing and the Tower Wing. The Tower wing is currently renovated. I got a room in the Tower wing and the work is really not disturbing. I stayed there for three weeks and did not have reason to complain.
Best part of the hotel must be the pool and garden. The rooms in the tower wing are a bit outdated, especially the bathrooms. I suppose that is why the Tower wing is being renovated. Overall the room was a decent size, fresh fruits daily, uncomplicated internet (wired and wireless throughout) and very clean. The staff is extremely nice and friendly, nothing is a problem or issue. Heat restaurant is average, the Japanese restaurant is exceptional, I did not try the Chinese one and the Italian one did not tempt me (Wagu beef is not really Italian...)
Breakfast was not included in my room rate so this made it a bit more expensive than the comparable Crown Plaza etc, but the Shangri-la Hotel is so much nicer.
As with everywhere in Manila the Hotel is close to several Malls and thereby a great variety of Restaurants. (Mega Mall in particular). From a tourist perspective you are in sightseeing waste land. This is however an ideal Hotel for the business visitor that needs to go to Eastwood etc. I could not find fault and will definitely be back! (April..)
Despite the better value in the Crowne I prefer the Edsa Shangri-la. Tips: sign up to the loyalty program if you stay longer.
Note: The lift can only be operated with a keycard, and then only to the floor where your room is. This can be awkward if you have friends staying on a different floor or if you are expecting visitors as you have to collect them from the Lobby.

Room Tip: Garden wing with Pool view ...
2  Thank grantig
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed just one night on business recently. While I had stayed here before quite a fair bit of time ago, seems like there have been only minor renovations carried out rather than a really full facelift. Arrived early evening and there were 3 people at the reception area but several people on queue to be served. Typically for such hotels, they would call additional people to serve those on queue to avoid long waits but it was not the case here. They had these tablet like devices where they make you provide guest details and your signature unlike other hotels which do this via hardcopy. I requested for a non-smoking room with a king sized bed but the hotel seemed quite busy as I was told only twin bedded non-smoking rooms were available as well as smoking rooms with a king sized bed. As it was just one night, it was not really worth the hassle of making too much of a fuss around this so I just chose the latter.

The room size was average. There was a love seat and coffee table plus a work desk with an executive chair that was quite comfortable. The bed was a true king sized bed not two twin beds put together where you feel the gap in betwen as I've seen in other hotels. WiFi was free and as there was no individual user IDs with passwords, you can connect as many devices as you want from smartphones, tablets, laptops and whatever else you had. The connection speed was also fairly fast.

Breakfast at HEAT was included with my rate package. The spread was above average compared to other similar class hotels I've stayed at in the Philippines. There was a station where they served the typical Filipino breakfast meals of garlic rice with different kinds of cured meats plus eggs. There was likewise a sushi bar with other Japanese options. The usual Western options of bacon, sausages and potatoes were also present as with Indian breakfast options.

The hotel is connected by a bridge to the 5th floor of the adjacent Shangrila Plaza Mall, which certainly makes shopping and dining convenient. The SM Megamall next door can likewise be reached via a short walk.

The pool area at the Garden wing was quite beautiful. Too bad I did not really have any opportunity to enjoy it on account of my short stay.

Overall while the hotel experience was really satisfactory, the rate I paid for the room, which was a corporate rate by the way, was quite high. For that price I thought that the hotel could provide better value in terms of facilities and services. I personally would NOT pay that price if I were to pay from my own pocket so were I not on business, I probably would not stay here because of that.

1  Thank RRGT
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Maybe the hotel is just too busy and crowded, our late arrival (11pm) at the hotel did not have warm welcome from the hotel staff. The reception helping my boss was so cool too. I stayed here in 2008 and it was GREAT, but after all these years, rooms get old and glad that some are under renovation. The room I had was damp with smell. Luckily hotel arranged another one for me. But not much different, the second room is just less smelly. I had to get changed and go to bed for next day meeting. Just stayed as it as I guess all the rooms are the same.
My 2 colleagues had one comment to me "the room is old" the next morning. We had a choice to choose between Pennisula Manila and this one, turned out I recommended this as per my memory that this was good and last time I stayed at Pennisula, room was old too! Here, the lobby is so grand but definitely not the rooms.. I care about the room condition as I will stay in most of the time during weekend. Hotel just arranged me an ionizer in the room now. Hope it will get better. Anyway, 5 more nights to go. Good night!

Room Tip: ask for the renovated new room and face to the pool.
1  Thank birdytravel
OuieBadelles, Director of Communications at Edsa Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your recent experience at Edsa Shangri-La, Manila. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your arrival. We take our guests' comments seriously and have shared your feedback with our relevant managers concerned. We want you to know you are very important to us and thank you for your feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future and experience our newly renovated rooms ready by the 4th quarter of 2013. Please do let me know or contact me personally at ouie.badelles@shangri-la.com if there is anything else we can do for you.