I am always at the Edsa Shang for the health club and the restaurants. For the past year, it has quite deteriorated in terms of service. I think cost cutting is to blame since the arrival of the new Singaporean General Manager.
The restaurants are still full of people but i have noticed that the food and service are not what it used to be.
Service is erratic. The old favorite waiters are no longer there and the new ones still need training. Part of a hotel experience is sometimes the familiarity that the team has with the guest, what one likes to eat and where one likes to be seated. gone gone gone.
Even the friendly guards have been replaced. Ah yes, even the sniff dogs are new.
While it remains ok, i miss the way Shang Edsa was run before by the French GM then. It was simple, compassionate but heartfelt service....now it feels like a business inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Philippines' foremost deluxe city-resort convention hotel. It offers 631 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, dining choices, and CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Edsa Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edsa Shangri-La Hotel Mandaluyong
- Edsa Shangri La Mandaluyong