“Living up to the "Shangri La" standards”
Review of Edsa Shangri-La

Edsa Shangri-La
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The hotel brand speaks for the quality of service that you are gonna get. And they always live up to my high expectations. A true 5 star hotel in its class. Hotel is well maintained. Rooms are nice and cozy. Sheets and pillows are very comfortable. Staff are always ready to help and accomodate the guest's requests. Location is perfect. Short walk to 2 malls and a church. Great breakfast selection. Kids had a great time in the pool. I bit on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. For as long as they maintain these standards, I will keep on coming back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank winxian

Reviewed February 11, 2012

I returned to the Edsa Shangri la after having stayed in this hotel for 13 weeks in 2011. I am definitely a fan of the property and was looking forward to my stay. Something has changed since 2011. Almost everyday there was a service issue. A sandwich took 50 min to come from the kitchen, had to follow up with the concierge 4 times, housekeeping broke a personal item or no service at Heat during breakfast service. Any one of these I would have dismissed. This was not the experienced I've had in the past or hope to have in the future.

2  Thank KTNashTN
Reviewed February 9, 2012

If your business is not in Makati, but more central/northern NCR, this is a good location, right off EDSA. It is also near malls, so it's easy to pick-up any last-minute items you may have forgotten to pack.

HEAT Restaurant offers a wonderful variety, for breakfast you can have a "world tour" of food options!

The spa did cancel my massage; I made reservation evening before for 7am, they called me at 6.40am saying "too many walk-ins, can we move your appointment to later?" When I told them "No, just cancel my appointment" they called me back at 7.15am "Are you coming?" So there was a lack of understanding there, and a bit frustrating that walk-ins are more important than those that make reservations. Guess if you're reading this, try walking-in for a massage, may have better luck than I did! ;-)

Otherwise, good Customer Service by staff, nice room, good food, will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Theresa H
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I and my wife stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. My wife had a Confrence to attend here. The hotel is a clean place to stay. The buffet in the resturant called Heat was very good with lots of choices. I was told that they work with more than 400 items of food in a week. The pool is very nice. They have a access way in the hotel that goes right to the shangri-la mall. Lots of places to eat and SM mega mall verry close by with the same. I walked around the hotels and malls and was not bugged by anyone. The only complant I have is my wife got food poisoning at the food that was served at their Confrence. They sent a nurse to check on her at our room and did offer a check up from doctor. We also met the food director and he said he would email us on results of food but never got back to us. Overall I would stay at their hotel again if I had reason too, but will not be my first choice.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Santan2020
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have spent months in this hotel over the last 10 years. The service and food are fantastic. Some of the best anywhere. However, the rooms are the same as in 2003 and are beginning to show some wear and have lost their "wow". In addition, the wifi access in the rooms is unbelievably poor, rendering things like iPads useless. This is very surprising for a hotel where everything else is so impeccable.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Unusually I was a walk up customer, arriving late afternoon on a Saturday with no reservation.

Every interaction I had with hotel staff was excellent. I could not fault the service which was always delivered flute joust and with a smile.

The room was clean and well appointed. Hotel facilities generally were very good.

My only criticism was on departure. Despite asking for a metered cab for the 20 minute ride to the airport, this was not what I got. Unfortunately I didn't realize till we left the hotel. The outcome was a P1,000 taxi ride which the day before from the airport to the hotel was P500 including tip.

All up I would return to stay again.

3  Thank Itwhizz
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Greeted in morning at hotel by Friendly concierge who explained to me my company had arranged for a flexi Meal which includes 1 meal a day with beverage and on about how I could get discounts on various services, within a couple of days tried to charge shaver and outlet was broken sent a tech who could not fix it and given an extention cord to stretch across the room and have to boil bot water and charge shaver in middle of bathroom floor. 5th day here eating breakfast and when ready to leave got an extra bill for my 1 beverage being told not included. I thoughy I would check my incidentals in case and behold a 1,500 Peso meaL CHARGE FOR MY FIRST DAY, when asked was told meal not included for first day which I was never advised at any point by greeting concierge.

Room Tip: Avoid Shangri-La at all costs they greet with a smile and pounce like a leopard.