One word: CONSISTENCY. This hotel truly is so brilliantly genuine with their service. Really delivers. :D I've never had that experience of being inside a hotel in my own country and feel like im on a vacation abroad! Stepping inside the hotel doors is like being in a big kickass spa where you can just smell: RELAX! I don't know what they're spraying in their halls but it's terrific! In fact i want it in my own home. It smells like baby powder mixed with a fresh relaxing scent perfect for that getaway. As usual, check in was easy breezy and oh yeah all smiles! And of course, I was fortunate enough to spot the sweet helpful girl at the front desk from last time, Charlene, who very graciously helped me find all the ways and facilities -again!- to get me through my weekend getaway with my family - CHI, gym, pool for the kiddies, restaurants bakeshop for my sweet tooth and even the cute Cafe outside with the nook bookstore. (Just like I said before, this girl is bar none the best at front desk on all my hotel experiences and very helpfully assisted me when my iphone couldnt connect to the wifi. also thanks to wifi guy who came into my room and took care of it like in a snap! :D and the other front desk staff - Anne, Rizza and Wella - who all look like they should belong to a beauty pageant or something but all so accomodating as well.) Not that I need to say it but YEah, Service is still excellent! Of all the hotel staff uniform ive seen, theirs was really excellent and classy. Not at all like "this is a uniform" but like a filipino outfit thats really classy. I love it. Makes me feel more like being pampered by luxury.
Room at Tower Wing was big and has a his and hers lavatory separate bathtub and shower (tho i must say the shower pressure was not that strong boohoo) and luxurious bidet hehehe Bed was excellent tho really the tv really needs some replacing. It was an old big bulky TV, and though the furniture was well taken care of, it was a bit outdated and a shame for the price of the room. A couch and two sitting chairs comfy for some reading.
Tho i really must suggest some sort of smoking lounge aside from the Horizon Lounge since its a bummer to have to go far to get some drags on my ciggies.
Overall, I still really love this hotel and for sure there will be a reservation again in my name :D yipyip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Philippines' foremost deluxe city-resort convention hotel. It offers 631 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, dining choices, and CHI, The Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Edsa Shangri-La reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edsa Shangri-La Hotel Mandaluyong
- Edsa Shangri La Mandaluyong