“FIve Star!”
Review of Edsa Shangri-La

Edsa Shangri-La
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mandaluyong
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Nice hotel for staying in Manila, I'm here right now and you won't have anything to complain here. Luxury it is. Although the staffs does not really much smile or look at you, maybe for respect and such. But the hotel accommodation is already perfect itself. Room was cozy as what to expect from a five star hotel. They also have Circles restaurant where you could have a fine dine at the evening, would be great if you have someone with you. Just awhile ago I have my friend come over to have buffet dinner with me. Very recommended if you have budget for a five star living. Thats it for Shangrila Edsa, need to regain my energy for a early wake tomorrow! P.S. great net connection.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Hen_Tanpug
Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed June 10, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in room 624 and I was impressed by the service. Though, the room was ran - down and gave a very old impression. It made me think of the living room of my grandmother who died 20 years ago... The chair at the workdesk had its best time and I am happy it did not collapse when I sat on it. Not that I am fat, but just that it was sooooo old.... The whole room gave a very old impression. Also, the shower was in the bath (not what I usually expect in a 5 star in Asia) and the showerhead was completely outdated, showering water all over the bathroom. Not good...

Service is really good. Also the food is very good in all restaurants which I tried. i can hardly recommend the food.

Overall : excellent service and location, though these rooms are maximum 3 stars.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2011

when we arrived the room is not yet ready so we have to stay in the lobby for abt 5mins. and they were very kind to offer us a few drinks. :) the room was great. staff was very kind and accommodating, super clean pool and my kids really enjoys the slide. breakfast was awesome.. theres a lot of food to choose from. me and my husband laugh at my 5 yrs old daughter when we heard her saying " ah.. this is the life!" :) and she was right!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mommy_kat
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Manila is a city of contrasts, the Shangri-La represents the best of Manila, a haven of comfort in a sea of chaos. The hotel comprises two wings set in beautiful gardens with swimming pools suited to all ages. We stayed on the club floor with a view of the gardens, it was very comfortable with excellent bed linen and plenty of clean towels. The club lounge staff were very helpful with all our requests and the standard of food on offer in the lounge was good.
Access to the adjacent shopping mall is directly from the hotel which is great as the traffic is pretty bad, crossing the road requires patience and a strong nerve
If we have to make a return trip to Manila we will certainly stay at the Shangi-La again

Room Tip: Club floor rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Grumpylady
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Love the location! Love the rooms! I was so comfortable. Wonderful channels. I crossed to the shopping mall so easily. I'll definitely come back. I just wish the staff would smile always. But over all the stay is cool!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FantaVic
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We always stay at Edsa Shangrila whenever we need to stay in Manila overnight. Their rooms and facilities are clean. Great swimming pool, with brand new furniture. The Concierge team have always tried to accomodate our needs, always friendly and willing to provide a helping hand. The location of this hotel is very convenient, with SM Megamall across the road and Shangrila Plaza the other side of the building, both within walking distance.

Best new addition to the services is free wifi in the rooms!

However, I would say that the room rates here are getting more and more expensive, even at corporate or local rates. Might have to look for an alternative hotel accomodation next time!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank stummy
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Our room had a view of the side of Mega Mall, overlooking construction works, which is the "One" Shangrila (5 star self contained units) and Edsa itself. The rooms consisted of a huge king size bed, a desk and table and a chaise lounge and a little glass table. The hotel itself is vast and members of staff are welcoming and efficient at their jobs. We ate lunch at the hotel poolside bar, the service was a little slow but we didnt mind as we were not in any rush, however they said this was not acceptable and gave us 3 huge complimentary platters of fruit, dumplings and soup and on top of that what we had ordered. The sun loungers on the sunny side of the hotels gets taken up quite quickly, so arrive at least by 10am. We were there two weeks before Holy Week and the pool area was pretty empty but by Thursday before Good Friday it was heaving. My only concern regarding the pool area is the little baby pool. I have suggested to management that they should put a sign up to say guests for only 4 years and younger as there were many older children using this and causing a little havoc for the youngers ones. The gym area was good, they also had a studio. Some of the equipment was a little outdated but I think they were in a procedure of updating whilst we were there. I had to use the Business Centre, again staff welcoming and efficient, a tad pricey but what did I expect??? Checkout on Good Friday was horrendous and had to wait a little while due to the number of people checking in, staff managed well but they were fighting a losing battle. Had a fantastic holiday at Shangri La and would definately stay there again as it is so close to everything. Also a bonus was a Starbucks in Shangrila Mall right across the Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank montydogStAlbans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Makati Shangri-La Manila
New World Makati Hotel
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Lancaster Hotel Manila
Lancaster Hotel Manila
#6 of 7 in Mandaluyong

Been to Edsa Shangri-La? Share your experiences!