“easy mall access”
Review of BSA Twin Towers

BSA Twin Towers
Ranked #2 of 11 Mandaluyong B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

the hotel is just at the back of SM megamall. you can easily run your errands to the mall, buy your food ingredients and cook it in their condo type hotel. the room that we stayed in is equipped with cooking utensils and stove. we have encountered no problem in our food preparation and cooking.

nice room, ac properly functions.

the pool is a little small for all the condo owners and hotel patrons. no lifeguard in the pool area.

they have a restaurant named Cornerstone (if i were not mistaken) which serves the tastiest and crispiest bacon ever. we have met a little mishap, since we arrived there a little late for breakfast and the place was full. my husband and i stands at the corner while waiting for other guest to finish eating...call that awkward.

the restaurant is small to accommodate us all.

also, i've seen fly kissing the bread in the buffet table. i notified the server and she immediately removed the bread.

Room Tip: the parking has been a problem for us...into the deeper part of the basement :(
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is right across SM Megamall. Just a short walk takes you to tons of dining and shopping. If I would rate this based on location alone, this property will get 5 stars.

We got the studio deluxe room. The room was advertised to accommodate 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids), but as far as I can tell, it's only big enough for two. The unit has two twin beds. My wife and I asked that they be joined together, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep with my 11 and 9 year old kids on those two beds. Thank goodness my kids slept with their cousins elsewhere. Beds are also a little hard. The bathroom is on the small side but is nice and clean.

It does have a small dining area, refrigerator, microwave, and small stove. There's also ample closet space.

Breakfast is also okay. Like one reviewer said, if you're staying in tower A, you need to go to the ground floor, walk to another set of elevators, and go up to the breakfast area. Too confusing for first timers.

There's no room service, so you need to get out of your room if you need something to eat or drink. You are however, given two bottled waters for free each day.

The parking situation was also bad. My brother (staying in another room), parked at the St. Francis lot overnight, but had to take the car out in the morning to park at Megamall so he can save on parking. Too much trouble if you ask me. Not sure why the hotel doesn't give good parking rates for their guests.

But enough of the gripes. Like I said, location is excellent. Wifi is free. Room rates are very reasonable, and the unit looks new. Definitely recommend that you stay here. In fact, I will most likely stay here the next time I visit Manila.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ewr01
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked a 2bedroom unit and I loved it very much. Probably because it's a condotel so it really felt home.

It came with complete kitchen utensils, fridge, microwave etc. There's only one bathroom though the maid's room (considered 3rd room) had a very small toilet inside the room. We had our own wifi inside the room.

First room given to us were smoking, called reception & instantly we were transferred to a non-smoking one. We had an in-room full body massage costing P800 compared to going down to their SPA which costs P600. I must say it was very relaxing and I enjoyed it.

The bed was a bit hard for me but ok. TV sets are found in the living room and one of the rooms only. Both rooms had queen sized bed.

Parking underground costs P200 overnight but it was scary as it's in basement 6. I think it's a waste of time and not convenient.

Best feature? Hotel is right across Megamall. Loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I attended a Baby Shower party on one of the hotel rooms in this hotel. Let me start by reviewing what anybody could expect outside of this condo/hotel in one. 'LIMITED PARKING' for guests is the appropriate title of this review as there are only a handful of parking slots intended to use by the guests. The Parking attendant suggested that we use the open parking right beside tower, and yes it is owned by the same owner (St. Francis Square). The open parking is not really advisable if you will stay overnight as they do not have an overnight rate and would end up paying 250-300 pesos in the morning as the pay increment for each hour is 10/hour (plus the 45 pesos for 2 hour initial fee). I would suggest you to park your car in the open parking in between St. Francis and BSA Twin Tower, it's much cheaper but overcrowded.

The ambience of the hotel lobby was great, it feels like you are in the 4 star hotel. The room was nice and spacious (we got a room with 2 bedrooms inside complete with cooking utensils, stove, refrigerator and a maid's quarter). The interior was pleasant and provides good vibes on the occassion.

I would suggest this hotel for people who are near the Ortigas district and would not mind taking a taxi to drop off in the hotel, just because parking is really horrible here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Frances Ann C
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here for two nights during a business trip to Manila. The hotel is located across the street from a large shopping mall, which includes dozens of brand name shops and restaurants. The check-in process was smooth. The room was clean and quite modern, including cable television, wifi internet, and a kitchenette (although the stove was really there for show since the plug didn't match the wall outlet). The cooling system was a split, which had to be turned on each time you entered the room. The room could get quite stuffy without the split operating.

Breakfast was a bit awkward because it's served in a restaurant on the 8th floor of the neighboring tower. I had to take the elevator down to the main level, walk to the neighboring tower, and ride the elevator up to the restaurant floor. The restaurant is down a dark hallway past several empty office spaces. I passed many guests who seemed unsure of where they should be headed. The food quality was average. The juice was watered down and seemed like a powder mixture. Unfortunately, there is no room service or dining options outside of the breakfast hours.

Construction continues in the towers. The elevators were dusty and some of the finishing touches on the occupied floors were missing. Not a big deal, and certainly not a reason to not stay, but something to anticipate. For me, it comes down to cost - I'd stay here again if the price was decent.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ContinentalWander
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Smack in the middle of the central business district are the twin towers of BSA. All the coffee shops / junk food / fine dining joints are nearby.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, extremely well appointed and are designed like a medium-sized studio apartment, complete with kitchenette, dining area, living room and bedroom.

The downside is that the bedroom is where the airconditioner is. So, if you want to cool the whole place, you need to set it to full blast while it is unfortunately aimed at the bed.

Weird thing about this place is that the room only has coffee sachets. The hotel doesn’t offer teabags!

The views from here are pretty neat. The sunlight that bathes these rooms is lovely.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up. The views are better and mosquitos don't go that far!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jabda
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at 49th floor and the room is clean and nice but little bit hot. What I dont like is, toilets in upper deck of swimming pool area. Locks are not fixed. We stayed for 1 1/2 day. What i like the most is only 2 minutes walk at SM Megamall

Room Tip: You can choose any room, the important is near at the malls just only 2 minutes walk at SM megamall.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaluyong
Lancaster Hotel Manila
#8 of 22 in Pasig
The Malayan Plaza
The Malayan Plaza
#14 of 22 in Pasig

Been to BSA Twin Towers? Share your experiences!