“Horrible Manners”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Was waiting in line for a table for 2, then when we were next another couple showed up and asked for a table, they were given the table ahead of us and when we asked for an explanation, the waitress (Hazel) tells us she gave the table because it was a center table and my wife was pregnant! my wife is not pregnant!!!!! I asked for a manager to talk too and it took them 5 minutes to find one, then the waitress did not even come out to face us and apologize!!!! I used to love the food in Yabu, but I wont EVER be coming back!

2  Thank JorgeFanlo

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I don't even know where to start with this place!
YABU, as its name suggests, really is the House of Katsu!

I'm all praises with everything!
All its food made from the freshest and finest ingredients,
With the crisp, tenderness, savoury and mouth-watering taste of the katsu, paired with a very delicious sauce with sesame seeds!
the amazingly crunchy cabbage with its irresistible sesame dressing
the soothingly warm miso soup
the sweet and fresh fruits
the tasty pickled vegetables
the filling bowls of white or brown rice
and of course, the barley tea of the house
To me, having all these together in front of me is a symphony of good tastes!
Every bite is happiness served by an amazing staff that is focused on impressing its patrons :)
I'm glad I gave this place a chance despite its expensive price

Besides, even though it is the case, I get more than what I pay for considering everything, except for the katsu is unlimited, the service is impeccable and the manager is very accommodating and attentive to all the needs of the diners!
I'm all praises for Yabu!
It really deserves its rightful spot as one of the best restaurants in the Philippine Capitol!
I hope you keep it up!

YABU is a real jewel!
I am coming back for more!
That is for sure!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been to Yabu soooo many times and I have never been disappointed. Our favorite is the MOA branch where the servers are starting to recognize us - that's how often we go there. Our favorites are Rosu Katsu and Menchi Katsu. The Rosu Katsu with its trimming of fat is really simple but it hits the spot. No need for frills when something is this good. The Menchi Katsu is very filling with its mix of meat, cheese and onions. All these are served unlimited rice, miso soup, cabbage, japanese pickles and fruits! Oh, and do yourself a favor and order their house-blend iced tea - you will not regret it.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The best Katsudon ever! From pork, chicken, seafood name it and they have it. I specifically love their Salmon katsudon! Perfect cook and taste of their salmon with the best tartar sauce! Aside from that, their pork katsudon is such a wonderdful in every bite. Their service is a bliss, you don't have to wait for another refill of ice tea or rice...

4  Thank MicaAko
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our group got lucky but only because we went early. No wait, we got tables right away, albeit outside. We went before 1130am on a Saturday. Before 12 noon, a line formed. And there was still a line by the time we finished. My daughters have eaten here a few times courtesy of my brother's family. This was my first time. They quickly told me to order the kurobuta pork set which is the premium tonkatsu. I did get to taste the other tonkatsus because we were 7. Personally, I liked the regular tonkatsu better than the premium. The kurobuta was soft to the palate, but the regular tonkatsu was firm enough, not tough. So the regular was good enough.

Why is my diet safe but barely? Its bottomless rice, and bottomless salad. The rice has a choice between white and brown rice. The white rice was quite good (I just tried a spoonful), Yabu obviously using a high grade rice variety. I ordered the brown rice (for diet purposes). The cabbage is also refillable. I ended up having 5 refills on the cabbage, trying out all the sauces individually and in combination. Ok its cabbage, but eating so much- i think i still ate too much. So is my diet safe? or not?

Oh yeah, you get to make your own sauce. Nice touch. Customers don't realize the waiting time for the food as they pound away at mortar and pestle.

4  Thank al22tecc