“Its the real deal!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Philippines
“Its the real deal!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

oh my goodness the meat is so tender. A premium meat I must say. I was really surprise how abundant the meat was compared to other katsu style I tasted. However, as a first timer in the resto, service would be a plus if the server assigned to us explained the use of the sesame seed mini bowl they gave us, what would be the right way to mix it with the sauce and what are the sauces for. Anyway, food was great!

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
“To crave for”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I have been eating here since the first week it opened. There weren't as much people then compared to lately but the wait is all worth it. We've come back literally a dozen more times after with friends and family.

SERVICE
An attentive manager is always around instructing the waiters/waitresses and making sure things go as smoothly as possible. If it's your first time there, they explain to you how to grind the sesame seeds and what the other sauces (mostly written in japanese) are for.

FOOD
It's so far the best katsu I've ever tried in the country coupled with the unique sticky-texture Japanese rice should be like. I'd also never thought I could eat so much cabbage in my life. They were crunchy fresh and healthy.

If you're looking for something spicy, the curry katsu is also good. Make sure to get the hottest one as its served with only a hint of spice. Couple it more with their delectable extra side dishes and you're prolly good to go for the week.

AMBIANCE
Just make sure you get seated inside as the Atrium view would be something disappointing to ally with such great food. The interior of the restaurant is inlaid with japanese woodwork framing their manga artwork about the resto.

PRICE
At first you'd think its quite pricey but as soon as they land your tray of meal you'd be surprise by the amount of serving they give you. The first few times we ate here we were even offered free potato salad and seaweed that we knew the price was just right. Unfortunately the last time we went they stopped doing this but their delicious fresh cabbage and rice are still unlimited.

If you are not really up for a big meal, a couple could share for one meal and both would still be full.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jouie K
Manila
“Rosu - Pork Loin Sets - complete meal”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Superior Potato and Egg Salad/Hiyayakko Tofu for appetizers, both very good. Cabbage with unlimited refills went very well with the vinaigrette. ordered the 180g portion, size was enough to share, pork was too tender for me, too much pounding? House blend iced tea was also very good, and bottomless.

• Visited September 2012
“Worth the hype”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My friends have been raving about Yabu that we felt we were the only one who were yet to try this resto specializing in katsu. Finally, we were able to dine here last weekend and I must say it is worth all the rave. I must say their deep-fried pork cutlet is the best in town, the tenderest you will ever try & highly recommended for pork lovers. Although I could not say the same of their scallop katsu or even their fried cream dory.... pork is best for katsu I think. Rice was a bit soggy, but they have unlimited portions for it as well as their shredded cabbage. Service was good, overall and the Asian-inspired interiors are very attractive. I can't wait to go back to try their premium pork, their tonkatsu & katsu curry. Thanks for putting Manila on the map as the place to go to for good katsu in Asia!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bloggurl
Manila
“Love to go back soon!!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Ordered the Seafood set. It has a piece of each: Oyster, Big scallop, ., Squid and Cream Dory. Its all cooked Katsu style(breaded). The Oyster katsu are to die for. The cabbage salad is also good...
The staff were very friendly and helpfull.
Can't wait for my next visit.

• Visited August 2012