“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2012

It's a pity that Borough is tucked away, away from most of the foot traffic - but then again, maybe that's what helps make it good. We had a late breakfast here & it was very enjoyable.
I will be coming back to try their lunch menu for sure!

1  Thank Charlie D

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I've read good reviews about the restaurant and thought I'd meet there with my friends for some dinner and drinks.

First of all, I can say that their food is quite interesting. Not THAT exciting, but nevertheless a bit pretentious. I've tried all their appetizers (I go crazy like that when it comes to food) and one main-eggplant parmigiana and it's pretty decent. Some people say that it's a bit expensive, however, I think the price is just fair. After all, the establishment presents a chic atmosphere Manhattan-like. I reckon that the lighting is a bit too bright for my liking. One can't really enjoy a tall glass of gin and tonic with flourescent lights in your face.

Secondly, here comes the horrible service. I ordered a bunch of starters together with the first round of drinks for my friends. I quickly instructed one of the waiters to give the bill to me (as I wanted to pay for the first round of food and drinks) right away so later on in the evening, drinks and other food will be on dutch treat basis.

The bill was presented and I paid. As more and more of friends start to arrive, the orders to the waiters kept coming in and then when it was time to settle the bill, et voila, my first order of starters and drinks were still included.

I want to go back to Borough, but unfortunately, they have got to change their attitude. You may have OKAY food and a nice looking restaurant, but the way the place is being run is really terrible. Too pretentious.

Mind you that the food didn't all come in fair time. We had at least 5 different servers putting different kinds of food on our table. Luckily, we knew exactly what we ordered despite the random faces. Also, drinks arrived after heaps of waiting. I understand that they're busy, but it's pretty obvious that they have a lot of staff that can assist in pushing orders.

1  Thank purplemuse
Reviewed September 5, 2011

After many years of trying burgers throughout Manila in many locations ranging from the Hard Rock Cafe to street corner vendors, the Borough has my vote for the best burgers in Manila. Definitely worth a visit if you are a burger freak. Other items on the menu that are worth a try are the chocolate chilli chicken wings and the chicken burger. Prices are a little higher than average but the quality of the food makes up for it.
I work very close to the location and so often visit. Service is good and the beer very cold. The decor is a little odd to my tastes but others will probably like its quirky charm. The atmosphere can vary from quiet to noisy and it can get very busy during weekend evenings. Its the only quality bar/resto in the area thats open 24hrs and serves great breakfasts into the early hours. Its tucked away around the side of the Podium mall so can be a little hard to see from your car but easy to see once you enter the car park ramp.
One word of caution - avoid the so called bread and butter pudding. If you have ever eaten this classic English dish avoid the Boroughs version. Its sickly sweet slush of chocolate cake and slightly bitter choclate sauce and bearts no resemblance to the traditional recipe.

2  Thank Ozwald90
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Perfect hangout place :-) ambience is good and food is delish! You have to try their home made fries they are the best!

2  Thank Remierejoie